Author Topic: The Truth Behind Tears' Declaration of War  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
Re: The Truth Behind Tears' Declaration of War
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 02:27:39 am »
+1
inb4 the guy literally named To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 02:48:08 am »
"We were gonna repay ya, honest!"
"But we're doomed, have no active players, and are accepting our fate that we're going to get creamed by FCC."

You're telling two conflicting stories. We don't doubt your sincerity, we doubt your capability. Even if you wanted to pay us back, it wasn't going to happen. KUTT is doomed by your own admission and doing, and we're still owed a debt.

Seriously, Tanken. What would you do if you were us? I'm sincerely curious as to what you think the reasonable thing to do would be. Prove to me that you can logically argue that any other action would have certainly benefited us more.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 02:56:56 am »
Well, I wouldn't throw away an alliance and a friendship that we've held strongly to just for the sake of winning. I figured you guys had more honor than that, but I am seeing that isn't the case. I don't think we'll get wiped. We may be crippled, but we will probably not be wiped--at least not right now. With you guys attacking our caravan of full reinforcements, you shot down the biggest chance that you had of getting repaid. Let's not act like 300 goods, perhaps 30k at best circumstance was a noble reason for going to war. We said we'd repay it, and if it meant giving you 300 goods from Dutchy's caravan right there on the spot, all you had to do was give the word.

The thought hadn't crossed my mind to do that, but you could have simply spoken to me instead of just looking at this in a "We must win," situation. Hell, Dutchy could have given you 500. All you had to do was talk to me.

But now you guys are showing your true face, your inability to cope with circumstances and your cowardess when you reneg on your own words. It's sickening that we still have people like yourselves getting to play Strategus. You would rather choose free land and an easy win instead of actually trying and contributing to a greater cause than that.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 03:00:10 am »

And yes, you did give Dutchy clearance to enter and get through your land safely. God, why didn't I save the long of my talk with you and SmilingDaemon. Daemon clearly stated that Dutchy could pass safely through the lands. He barely made it to your first fief before you low-lifes kicked him out and attacked him.

Allow me to step in!

(click to show/hide)

Highlighted my favourite parts

And what have we here?
(click to show/hide)

THE PLOT THICKENS, EVEN MORE!:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:22:16 am by oohillac »

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 03:05:20 am »
Thank you, Oohillac.

You really gave us no better alternative. Whatever vague "honor" it might have been to try and help you in your death throes yielded to sanity and pragmatism.

Also, we never had an alliance. Nothing on the books, nothing off the books. We had some cooperation at the best of times, uncertainty was the norm, and ultimately a fruitless relationship that cost us dearly.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 03:14:12 am »
Look right at your post, Daemon clearly states he can go through the territory. That applies safely.

Smiling Daemon: but right now due to our 2 caravans lost in the desert, will take us [  ] to recoup that gold

the [ ] was two weeks that you edited out. So why, if you don't have money to go to war, are you going? Daemon gave us clear access to your territory, I figured that your all's word carried weight. It obviously doesn't. I don't see you bolding that whole line.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 03:23:33 am »
Also, we never had an alliance. Nothing on the books, nothing off the books. We had some cooperation at the best of times, uncertainty was the norm, and ultimately a fruitless relationship that cost us dearly.

The Fallen Brigade for the next Strategus is mainly going to operate in two groups, one EU and one NA. While we will be under one "faction" for Strategus purposes we are going to have two different groups of officers and two logistical and tactical divisions.

The NA division (The officer commanding core being comprised of Me, Smiling and Hill) is interested in working with KUTT for the next Strategus. KUTT has demonstrated a reliability, maturity, coordination and skill (both individually and collectively as a team) that we are very interested in. Specifically, we would like to operate in NA lands and mainly work hand-in-hand with KUTT, acting as mercenaries-on-demand whenever you need support in a roster, and calling on you to do the same and basically working together. Our focus will mainly be in NA lands as we are the NA Division, and securing a small amount of territory as our own (such as a castle) to which we can stage raiding parties.

As with every Strategus the Fallen Brigade is starting with a new objective and no priority targets (AKA Grudges). We (The NA Division) are very interested in making you the first of our allies in Strategus 4. Please respond as soon as you can, as I would like to arrange a meeting with KUTT's officers and perhaps bring a few of my own to discuss specifics assuming you are interested.

Boom.

And it happened. And we did it. And we were always Allies. Nothing was written on the forums, because nothing needed to be written when both sides knew they were allies. Boom. Boom. Boom.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 03:31:36 am »
+1
Except all those things in Tears' request never manifest themselves, ever. Every ounce of "help" we got was nominal, and what kind of ally (sic) attacks their ally's (sic) caravan?

I'm starting to sound like a broken record... "You can't say we didn't try."

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 03:36:57 am »
All those manifested. We stayed true to our word, we found territory with one another at the start, we aided what we could.

I attacked, and I've said this a million times, because you didn't come forth and talk to me and we couldn't afford to lose any S&D.

Your whole pretense for war, is wrong, and no matter how hard you wanna beat this dead horse, even people on your side of the war I am sure are seeing through the falsities of what you've done. If you guys just came out and told everyone it was for Greed, which it is, people would most likely just say "Well, yeah, it is. Fuck it." but the fact that you guys continue to lie about your intentions is pretty concerning. At least have the balls to state your intentions clearly, not sugarcoat them and twist them to fit what you think justifies it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 03:40:52 am »
If you guys just came out and told everyone it was for Greed, which it is, people would most likely just say "Well, yeah, it is. Fuck it."

Erm...

[[My FIRST In-Character post]]
"...the Coalition marches once more for plunder and riches..."

FUCK YEAH MONEY AND RICHES (sounds pretty greedy to me)

And erm, when someone asked for clarification my FIRST reply was...

[[My FIRST out-of-character post]]
...Greed, bloodlust, boredom, survival considering our neighbors and the future of the area...

So uh... Go find a big thick broom to screw around with?

Not my fault you bastards can't read, illiterate sods of tundra knighty nights  :rolleyes:

We have been pretty open on why we have been doing this, lazy clouts, all of you... And I'm still waiting for that coward TugBoat to accept my duel offer. He wanted one and was practically howling for one, I accepted, and the ninny then pretends, conveniently, that I don't exist (despite him continuing to reading my posts).  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:43:54 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 03:43:54 am »
Very well. It was just the constant babble from your men as to "Why" they went to war and the reasons that kept just making me think less and less of you.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 03:46:02 am »
Very well. It was just the constant babble from your men as to "Why" they went to war and the reasons that kept just making me think less and less of you.

Next thing I know KUTT will be saying the invasion and declaration was my idea and I ordered and orchestrated the whole thing and I'm in command of the Fallen Brigade and totally not a messenger  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But no, please, think less and less of me because the actions and words of other people anger you.  :rolleyes:

Enough of these tiresome and useless words, please just slaughter the bunch of us for battling is simple and open to little interpretation. I have little use for people like Lordak or Jambi or TugBoat or others who emulate them who don't bother to properly read things.

EDIT:

We may have stabbed you without warning, but we had the good decency to warn KUTT before hand instead of AFTER the fact, let one of your caravans slip by instead of ganking both, and then had the decency to openly tell you WHY we did such a thing. I can not and will not offer any more then that considering it is a damn sight more generous then we have ever given any the courtesy of in the entire history of the Brigade.

I can't even remember the last time the Fallen brigade actually gave the courtesy of declaring war instead of surprise backstabbing and ganking a target.

Saying we betrayed your trust is valid and I accept that, no arguments there.  What we have been arguing about is that the majority of KUTT leadership has simply not bothered to actually read WHY we went to war and is assuming half of it and only reading the other half and throwing baseless accusations at us.

And enough posting, and heavy editing. Yes we are all sons-of-bitches and you are anrgy, good day sir.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:54:29 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:53 am »
For fuck's sake look at our rosters... where the fuck is KUTT? Seven guys in sum in seven major battles EVER? If your talk was half as big as your game I'd be more willing to be sympathetic.

Good example: Malta is a FOUR man faction with which we have absolutely no direct relationship. They showed up five times. Goretooth has an equal or higher percentage rate of joining our battles than any of your players EVER did. Give me a fucking break, "alliance" my ass.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:52:27 am by Garem »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2012, 03:55:34 am »
@NA fallen's

Still haven't paid me for my services in 2 battles.

Why i stopped fighting for you guys. Don't even bother paying 10(TEN) gold just to show up. Pay your mercs first.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2012, 04:00:09 am »
@NA fallen's

Still haven't paid me for my services in 2 battles.

Why i stopped fighting for you guys. Don't even bother paying 10(TEN) gold just to show up. Pay your mercs first.

I admit that we completely ignore the gold requested unless the merc in question actually PMs us about it, as we get a lot of "silly" requests and half of our officers are still used to that feature being broken.

I'll go through the logs and pay you that gold in the next 48 hours, thank you for bringing it to my attention. This was the first I've been informed.

Again, I apologize, we are just simply not in the habit of paying mercs unless A.) They inform us explicitly or B.) We explicitly hire them, as the majority of people are just hoodlums inserting random nonsensical numbers.