Author Topic: 0.2.9.0  (Read 68225 times)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: 0.2.9.0
« Reply #495 on: November 01, 2012, 12:27:36 pm »
+1
Wait, c-rpg is still beta? Wow. I mean searously, will they EVER remove that beta tag?

Beta tag mean - I can do all the shit, but I'm still smart ass, just because it's beta.

On the other hand - silly excuse.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 01, 2012, 02:48:36 pm »
Thou shalt use doublethinking and believe archery hath always been this way

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #497 on: November 01, 2012, 03:30:14 pm »
+4
Thank you for implementing Chinese armor pack with crusader armors without crusaders armors. I am pretty sure that all guys who was voting for implementing it (like all medieval time EU knights clans) were voting for the Chinese stuff only. But hello we are in 21 century and we are surrounded by this Chinese shit. I want original Crusader Armor, God wills it!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2012, 03:44:56 pm »
+12
Free respecs for archers only, won't happen. Throwers were raped even harder back then. 39/3 throwers were basically throwing with 7 pt after that patch, with absolutely no back-up skills. No respecs given. Preferential treatment is a no-no. Even minor changes have made some builds useless, like increased strength requirements on gear, increased riding requirements on horses etc.

It's a beta, one can't expect everything to stay the same. I guess one can hope for the devs to scrap it and fix kiting another way but I won't hold my breath.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #499 on: November 01, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »
+2
thou must agreeth with the ELO!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Darter

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secik
« Reply #500 on: November 01, 2012, 05:55:53 pm »
+3
My 2h/archer is unplayable :)
MW Horn Bow Traded already and im half way to 31 (cant wait to retire and drop that useless archery)

btw. Is this end of hybrid characters ?

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00:06 pm »
+5
btw. Is this end of hybrid characters ?
Seems so.
But hey at least they got rid of the kiting problem... even if it renderes everyones archery build complete useless now.

Way to go guys! You almost fooled me...there were some minor patches without any archery nerfs just to wait for the big one to screw it completely over!

And I am still waiting for more details on how archery got fucked up...all i heard was told me by other people that heard it from someone posting that he heard someone post that THIS is how it is now...
official changeloge were never big thing in crpg. But if you screw over a complete class you better tell my how I can play my class without being fucked too hard by that patch...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:11:56 pm by Mike_of_Kingswell »
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2012, 07:15:41 pm »
+6
kinda feel bad for 33+ archers... they got f'd hard

Lvl 35 archer - get the message my weapon proficiency in bows is too low.  I am a strength archer, which this patch was supposed to promote.  But I guess 9 powerdraw with 160 wpf is completely counteracted by having only 6 athletics (which was already heavily counteracted by the heavy weight of arrows).  Most strategus battles I've been in have shifted toward polearm users that i have seen and melee in general, sometimes I am the only archer or maybe 1 more, not sure how our class was so OP that no one really did it much anymore on their main. 

I almost never kite, the athletics I use allow me to dodge cav (already easy mode and didnt need this buff of super-slow archers) and to dodge opposing ranged.  But I guess we should get rid of ranged skill and archer duels and just have all of us just stand still and shoot missles of death with 11 powerdraw and no athletics.

Actually seriously considering respeccing to 2hander since I will have to respec anyway with these changes, might as well do a class that got buffed substantially (unless you are noob who crutched on the longest swords in the game constantly stabbing, longswords and bastard swords are even more fun now if you know how to block).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2012, 07:25:37 pm »
+5
Most strategus battles I've been in have shifted toward polearm users that i have seen and melee in general, sometimes I am the only archer or maybe 1 more, not sure how our class was so OP that no one really did it much anymore on their main. 

It wasnt OP. 2Handheros just cryed loud and long enough...
Just dont go 2hander kesh...cant see the redhead-archer-girl becomming another kuyakwearing 2handhero :(
Would break something inside of me!
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2012, 07:32:43 pm »
+6
Archery was fine before, and the whining won't stop once people realize that heavy power draw archers can kill them much more quickly.  Really what they should do is just get rid of the athletics penalty and leave the changes to power draw. (power draw above 6 used to do nothing, and now it is quite useful to have it at high levels)  This way archers have a choice to go either heavy power draw or kitey agility.  Other classes have multiple effective builds, why are archers always forced to have the same damn build? 

Offline Kunio

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Only MEB can nerf me!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Kunio
« Reply #505 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »
+2
I dont call it as an archery nerf, after this patch all of the archers will go for same "maximum damage" build because kiting and going hybrid are impossible now. So this slow killing machines will stay together in every round with some bodyguards and dont let anyone to come closer. So:

Camping is coming guys. This change will make the game more boring.
çok samimi şakalı komikli bi ortam vardı

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 01, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »
+1
I dont call it as an archery nerf, after this patch all of the archers will go for same "maximum damage" build because kiting and going hybrid are impossible now. So this slow killing machines will stay together in every round with some bodyguards and dont let anyone to come closer. So:

Camping is coming guys. This change will make the game more boring.

At least there is hope a melee char will be able to put an end to your life before going a jog around the battlefield for once.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:52 pm »
+1
Archery was fine before, and the whining won't stop once people realize that heavy power draw archers can kill them much more quickly.  Really what they should do is just get rid of the athletics penalty and leave the changes to power draw. (power draw above 6 used to do nothing, and now it is quite useful to have it at high levels)  This way archers have a choice to go either heavy power draw or kitey agility.  Other classes have multiple effective builds, why are archers always forced to have the same damn build?

This.

But hey
its Crpg Meleegaming -.-

Offline Kunio

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Only MEB can nerf me!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Kunio
« Reply #508 on: November 01, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »
+3
At least there is hope a melee char will be able to put an end to your life before going a jog around the battlefield for once.

You cant nerf archers (:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:31:52 pm by Kunio »
çok samimi şakalı komikli bi ortam vardı

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #509 on: November 01, 2012, 08:30:14 pm »
+1
i lie turtles
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.