Author Topic: Great thanks to SoA and Mercs!  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Great thanks to SoA and Mercs!
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:41:10 am »
+5
I don't recall when someone was so good for us. We are really surprised by your generosity. We don't know what to say. Simple "thank you" is probably not enough  :wink:

Last night we received from you thousands of pieces of equipment, including hundreds of pieces items such as Siege Ladders, Large Wooden Ladders, Construction Materials and Sites, Siege Shields and a lot of armours (nearly a thousand pieces of Byrnie only) and tons of weapons (special thanks for many hundreds of axes +3 and horses).

I'm afraid that Bushido and Autobus will be unhappy, because I think it was originally a gift for them.

Remember Mechin  :twisted:

Ericson_z_Biskupina_the_Grey vs Mechin
- Battle time: 28.10., 02:20
- Battle duration: 01m45s
- Army size: 1600 vs 2270
- Battle result: 370 vs 247
- Winner: Attacker

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=1058   :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: Great thanks to SoA and Mercs!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:29:04 pm »
+6
It was the best battle in this strat so far.
Challenging ,fun and rewarding exp-wise .
GGWP both sides.

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 02:13:55 pm »
+2
Kapikulu_Atas                   34   35
Kapikulu_Disaster           27   45
Kapikulu_Erebosaither   22   39
Kapikulu_Guray           11   27
Kapikulu_SeZeR_TR           28   53
Kapikulu_Sultan_Ozan   15   42

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:40:43 pm »
Pecores_DANTON_Q   1   41

HOW???

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:08:29 pm »
+3
Kapikulu_Atas                   34   35
Kapikulu_Disaster           27   45
Kapikulu_Erebosaither   22   39
Kapikulu_Guray           11   27
Kapikulu_SeZeR_TR           28   53
Kapikulu_Sultan_Ozan   15   42
And? I'd say they did pretty well taking into account circumstances :rolleyes:

GO's gear:                                                                                                                                   SoA's armors:

And SoA didn't even have enough armors for all troops. In normal cRPG heavy armors are ok, but in strat when almost whole army have 70 body armor it's truly OP.

In current state small factions can leave strat right now, they have no chance to earn enough gold to buy such equipment. I thought that chadz wanted to encourage smaller clans to participate in strat. Seems it doesn't work.

Also, why eastern block does nothing? Are they waiting for UIF to come to their homes? They will, there's no doubt.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »
+1
Pecores_DANTON_Q   1   41

HOW???
bugged items, the archers weren't able to select any types of arrows from the selection menu, so we had to pick them up from the ground at first.
while being charged by the enemy cav, it's one of the most fucked up battle i ever played, even if both army's had the same issue.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 03:20:16 pm »
+1
bugged items, the archers weren't able to select any types of arrows from the selection menu, so we had to pick them up from the ground at first.
while being charged by the enemy cav, it's one of the most fucked up battle i ever played, even if both army's had the same issue.
SoA had too many types of gear.

There is an inventory "slot" limit. Once you get past it, stuff at the bottom (so starts at siege/range item row) becomes unaccessible.

Now with 4 new degrees of negative quality mixed in, and gear being looted, people are gonna be hitting this cap real fast in the field.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:41 pm »
+1
SoA had too many types of gear.
No shit.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »

Ah, makes more sense now.

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 03:40:54 pm »
don't buy lots of shit again then

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »
+3
Half the battle SoA had Surcoat over Mail and better headgear, not that it matters

Vendetta had the same problem with equipment on siege. They had so many different items, that they couldn't even take ladders and construction sites. So we had to kill eachother on spawn for few minutes to get rid of some equipment and to be able to take siege stuff.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 03:55:32 pm »

If you were in battle you know that there was tons of pikeman and great maul on defenders. At this point armor isnt important. It was really fun battle. I hope there will be more battles like this. We might win or lose i dont care i had FUN. Good job for both sides.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 03:58:43 pm »
+3
I wish Strat was less buggy, or not at all, because then you would be rid (almost) of these poor behaviours from both sides of the war. :(
Gloating about other side getting bugs and crying about fairplay etc. It's pathetic.

Generally, it would be more enjoyable to play Strategus then.

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »
+1
Half the battle SoA had Surcoat over Mail and better headgear, not that it matters

Russian time feeling is awesome^^. SoA had 200 Surcoat over mail and 200 Zitta Bascinet, which were transfered to the Village by one of our trade caravans passing by. Since SoA lost far more than 400 tickets it wasnt 50% of the time we spent in heavy equipment. You basicly attacked a lighty armed/armed village with shiny armed troops, not that big of an achievement I'd say.

As you said SoA had too many low lvl items in their village, not only that we couldnt use siege equipment which is annoying but not essencial, we also had no access to any kind of ammonition for our range for the first ~30 minutes, which was a real pain in the ass.

Also, why eastern block does nothing? Are they waiting for UIF to come to their homes? They will, there's no doubt.

As i said, we transfered 200 heavy armed tickets into the Village, if we would have known about the exact situation in the Village we would have been able to transfer an addition of 800 heavy armor sets & weapons from our caravan to the Village, unfortunately we couldnt get any further informations within the reinforcement time.
With this 1000 Heavy armed troops it would have been quite easy to hold the village against the first attack and give us time to move more resources down.
Too bad that all the ranged equipment was blocked by stuff like clubs and spiked maces.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:09:03 pm by Tyr_ »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 05:14:55 pm »
+11
Classic UIF, brag about battles they fight when they have overwhelming gear superiority. You don't see them bragging about their shitty ass scores on the few battles they fight with even equip of course. "Challenging" my ass. UIF modus operandi is to avoid anything that might be even slightly challenging. Pikes and longspear just glance constantly on that armor, of course it was a fun battle for those who could just plow into enemy lines and spam to their heart's content without having to worry about blocking.

Many hundreds of horses left? What are you smoking Harpag? Are you sure you're not thinking of the hordes of warhorses you brought yourselves? And what is this better headgear that's superior to the sugarloaf helms UIF was using the whole battle, and the transitional armor? "At this point armor isn't important", hilarious.