Author Topic: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.) nvm patch out!  (Read 9776 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: My last post on the matter. (Balance and balancers)
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 04:29:42 pm »
I think Son Of Odin is a leviathan!

PS : DID U JUST SPOIL ME WITH UR GIF?!!!!!!
Are you implying I'm being a Dick? xD

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: My last post on the matter. (Please do something about Balance.)
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »
+5
Time for the timeless:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2012, 04:42:26 pm »
Time for the timeless:

(click to show/hide)
Yeh that quote is almost as legendary as Christo's "Daily NA drama thread" :D.

I totally forgot this:
(click to show/hide)

Also your topic title states that it's your last post on the matter, yet you've posted multiple times about the same subject in this thread alone already... False advertisement. I'm disappoint. You lied to me and I'm hurt.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 04:43:05 pm »
@Odin, as always you never bring in anything, just keeps bashing others threads. GTFO or keep your mouth shut. I don't post funny pictures in your threads.

Yes, It's this thread again. For the fucking last time, because after this I simply cannot be bothered anymore.

cRPG is sinking very fast now. Because it is no fun. Because cav and archery is too powerful, and too lame for everyone else.

If you don't see it you are blind. (Or cav/archer yourself)

This is no personal buff this nerf that thread. I think it seriously affects all of cRPG. Look how even old and very skilled melee players are quitting/not finding the gameplay bearable anymore.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:52:38 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2012, 04:54:49 pm »
I see very good players getting owned front-front by cav all the time.   (Because Cav decides when and how to attack..)
Do you have any idea how biased and reichdicilous (lol I made a joke) that sounds? Especially the underlined part. You talk about 1 vs 1 situation and cav totally has to have the right timing to do anything (true) but if the infantry player is even half decent player with even medium range melee weapon, he will kill the horseman or the horse with ease (most of the time). And if you are really good infantry player you can own the cav even with a 2h mace if it comes to it. You always have a chance. Play with your cavalry alt longer and you will see how you can counter cav as infantry because you will have better understanding what a horseman can do.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »
+2
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 05:05:51 pm »
@Odin, Now you have a right to post crap.. After contributing.  :)

That's really weird, because in practice I see infantry getting raped frontally all the time.
Perhaps you never saw it or always failed at it, but Odin, it does happen. A lot.

But, yes, on duel server, sure one can win against a cav player. But that's not battle.. with 100 different distractions, the small accel change done by the horsemen can go unnoticed and the timing fails. Or perhaps you failed to account for his high ping, or low ping.

And odin, you seem to be one of FEW that STILL don't simply understand that Cav is OP by nature!  *And is supposed to be so.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 05:17:12 pm »
IDK about everyone else but I've figured out a way to avoid getting mauled by ranged or cavalry. I hardly ever die by them anymore as long as I use my brain to avoid contact.
I am currently a 1 handed/polearmer hybrid. I do confess I often dream of changing to ranged or cav as I have done in the past.

But IMO everything is too nerfed already: infantry, ranged, cavalry. I don't think we need to nerf anything atm. We simply need to BUFF things that seem UP compared to the others.
If you go play Native then come back to cRPG you will find that EVERYTHING is nerfed af. The last thing we need is more nerfing. We need buffing.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:17 pm »
Eu1 is not so bad, it only gets annoying when all GK are on. Nothing against GK, its just 90% of cav in one team causes problems full stop. Also get rid of jumpshooting.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »
@Odin, Now you have a right to post crap.. After contributing.  :)

That's really weird, because in practice I see infantry getting raped frontally all the time.
Perhaps you never saw it or always failed at it, but Odin, it does happen. A lot.

But, yes, on duel server, sure one can win against a cav player. But that's not battle.. with 100 different distractions, the small accel change done by the horsemen can go unnoticed and the timing fails. Or perhaps you failed to account for his high ping, or low ping.

And odin, you seem to be one of FEW that STILL don't simply understand that Cav is OP by nature!  *And is supposed to be so.

If the infantryman fails one on one with a horseman it's his fault plain and simple. Any decent length weapon stands a good chance against a horseman one on one as even an average player. It's not hard to aim for a horses head. Yes it requires timing, but so does every aspect of crpg in melee. Ping being off ect is no excuse as you have to account for those things with everything. The only reason an infantry would fail is if his timing was off and he didn't judge it properly. Even distractions aren't an excuse because the horseman has said distractions as well. Going for the horses head isn't even the only way of deal with lancers. Inf also love the blocking down, sidestep, slash horses legs trick. Or the jumping 2m in the air and taking your head off trick which works if you avoid the lance.

Cav are OP at picking off unaware people. 1vs1 I'd say they are pretty well balanced. Even with my downed HA I can sidestep lancers easily and put arrow after arrow in their horse. And I've seen many other archers do this to so if they can manage it so can inf. And even if that fails, how hard is it to block down.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:21:54 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »
+2
I rly like the green grass  :)

Somehow, regarding the time you made the post, i have the suspicion that i couched/lanced you one time too often yesterday/tomorrow morning thomek :/

I think there is two simple ways to make cav/range harder to play without rly nerfing.

First: Make only couching lances able to couch, light lance,lance and heavy lance shouldnt. Why is this no nerf? Bumplancing, best way to get around a downblock, alternativly group up with a 2nd cav, one bumps the other one lances the enemy, GK is pretty good at this although its not 2 but 10 of them on each target^^.

2nd, for range: Change the system so you need to draw a bow manually and, if you hold it too long (lets say 10 sec, maybe based on STR) your arrow gets released manually with low accuracy. If you draw the bow too short the arrow will be slow, drop pretty fast and do low damage. That doesn't nerf archery, it makes it harder to play since it adds a new mechanic that need a certain timing

Ps:
Play Hoplite & make Flamberge sheatable again!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:25:02 pm by Tyr_ »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 05:27:35 pm »
Sorry, but a rage post against cav and archery isn't any more valid just because it's coming from a game admin.

I can count on 1 hand the amount of cav that I'm earnestly concerned about.  Sure the odd cav will lance me unawares or couch me from time to time, but even with a longsword in a 1 on 1 fight with cav I come out on top at least 75% of the time.   Really, cav get most of their kills from mopping up people that aren't paying attention.  Get your head on a swivel (IE use the ~ button liberally) and watch your cav worries melt away.

Regarding archery, I have 21 str 7 IF (70hp) with ~50 body armor.  Outside of the occasional headshot it's a rare day when I get 3 shot by ranged... usually it's more like 4 or 5, sometimes it feels like 10 if a low level archer is shooting me.  Xbows are occasionally 2 shots, most often 3 shots.  And there's a lot more armor & hp I could be stacking if I wasn't going a balanced build.   It's easy to be an archer, but it's a lot harder to be a good archer, not to mention archers really depend on looms to help with damage.   Yes it's annoying to deal with a running archer, but know your place in battle: if you see a hill full of archers and you don't have a team with you or a shield, don't go there, simple as that.

The only thing I think needs looking at is finding a way to balance 'class' on teams.   If one team has all the cavalry it does shift things in that side's favor, and I think battles would be a little more fair if that was taken into account with balance.  Of course you'd need to deal with banner balance issues there..
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 06:06:37 pm »
@Shine, I am writing as a player, not an admin, which is mostly a curse anyway.. :)

IDK, but I think chadz is very happy with his team balance formula. (With right, often 80vs80 becomes 1vs1 in the end.. By some form of magic trickery.)

So.. I have a feeling that class balance will never happen.

Sorry for being a bit anal on solutions here. I know there are many good ones, but they require more effort than the devs can be arsed to give atm.

So if you have 100 dollars, and have to go from A to B, and you can't afford a car, better buy a bike than walk. It will get you there faster.

Simple measures are required, and fast.

- And regarding exactly HOW the nerfs/changes are done, this is not the most important. But something must be done!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:12:13 pm by Thomek »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: My last post on the matter.
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 06:16:22 pm »
Introducing skillpoints' requirement for xbow would be a bit strange.

Pulling a bow is also a matter of strenght, yet the pd requirement is there.

Edit: Nerf ninjas. Archers have had enought.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:19:38 pm by Adamar »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 06:20:15 pm »
+1
Anyone thats really bothered by the state of the game atm should just take a break. You might find you don't care for cRPG anymore once you break the routine of playing, and you might find there's a few other melee game alternatives out there now.

When you come back and see the game is exactly as it was when you left, you might wonder why you were playing in the first place, and it might turn out it was mostly because of the individual people you played with each day, or some imaginary goal you're aiming for (grind). If you don't enjoy the game anymore you can't do much more than post your opinion a couple times then call it a day. Its not worth anyone's time

Personally cRPG was my first foray into M&B combat, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I got quite bored of the lack of progress in development, and lack of updates about what to expect in future (with a sense of a time frame), and I'm pessimistic as a result of certain comments from devs that suggest "ranged is fine, infantry is easy" etc. Its a free game though so I can't complain too much :D

I still think cRPG combat and the battle game mode is amazing, just played it too much and think there are glaring issues with certain aspects of the design

Plus Darkfall: Unholy Wars is out soon, I advise all to look into that in November (its not a melee type game, just something different/hardcore people might like)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:24:12 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this: