Author Topic: Wars and Alliances - NA and EU  (Read 42341 times)

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
Re: Wars and Alliances - NA and EU
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2012, 11:39:46 pm »
+1
One fief can create so much havoc? (Btw egan, 10USD was for Teutons using KUTTS ts for 2 weeks)
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »
I am just trying to figure out why you would post something that could potentially get you both permabanned...

The $10 was for the teamspeak they rented in our server, and children (not sure their ages) is just their mentality. No balls is basically what it comes down to.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Orc_Slayer

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art Of war
  • Game nicks: Orc_Slayer_AoW
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2012, 11:55:09 pm »
The $10 was for the teamspeak they rented in our server, and children (not sure their ages) is just their mentality. No balls is basically what it comes down to.
if we are kids then your an infant. Quit whining it's a video game if your so mature then act like it.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:55 am »
+1
Indeed, the Dragoni of Valahia (Dracul) claims the village of New Ulburban and will treat it well.

However, the turkish bath houses are now Wallachian slaughter houses.

Luckily, I find both Turkish bath houses and Wallachian slaughter houses to be relaxing. 

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2012, 12:15:14 am »
+2
Kesh is the mafia don.. he made them an offer they could not refuse.
Leader of BS

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2012, 12:36:58 am »
if we are kids then you're an infant. Quit whining it's a video game if you're so mature then act like it.

If you're going to attempt an insult, at least spell it correctly.

No, I get it. You guys only see an endgame of being alive at the end and winning and want to preserve yourselves. That's cool, but at least have the balls to talk to me about it, and give back what is ours if you're going to sneak for the exit. It's the fact you guys do that, after we've been extremely courteous and helpful to you that irks me the most. No tact, and no honor involved with what you did. Hats off, like I said earlier, to Kesh and the other FCC members for buying out friends and vassals and convincing them to throw away the kindness we've done for them for this small instance in which it looks dangerous ahead.

Oh well, gotta pluck a few weeds from the garden before you can tend to your plants, and with Teutonics seeing themselves off, it's just one less babysitting job I gotta do.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 12:42:39 am »
You realize, by posting that, you do nothing but hurt yourself?

Anyone with any amount of balls would hand back what they were granted by us, but it's fine Wesley. You don't have the balls as a leader to stand up and talk to me about anything, constantly needed me to hold your hand, and are overall a bad leader. Good luck to you and your men.

Considering your faction's current diplomatic and military situation, should you really be criticizing other people's leadership? If you're going to sever ties with the Teutonics in the middle of a major war, then you should at least give everyone the specifics on what went down with them so that KUTT doesn't lose face as a result.

From what has been said so far, it sounds like you took on vassals of questionable loyalty and either misjudged or did not take the time to determine whether they were trustworthy, gave them enough money and weapons so that you no longer had a monopoly on force over them, and reacted with surprise when they got out of Dodge as soon as you started losing territory. Is this incorrect? Because if it isn't, you should be blaming yourself and the members of your clan who supported your decisions for how things turned out, not the Teutonics for acting in their own interest.

Give us your side of the story; Wesley can give us his, and we can then judge who did wrong by the other.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 12:43:53 am »
+2

Kesh is the mafia don.. he made them an offer they could not refuse.

You better kiss the ring...

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 01:02:04 am »
WRONG!! VEndeta isnt UIF..they are Pets of Druzina ;) all they have done so far is druzina job ;) vendeta without druzina will be wiped down...

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:28 am »
+2
I know defending KUTT or Tanken is going to get me truckloads of Infamy votes, and it's going to look weird considering the drama SWF created at the beginning of Strategus Round 4, but watching people post absolute nonsense and get Renown for it just because it's anti-KUTT or anti-Tanken makes me feel the same as listening to fundamentalists criticize science and get rounds of "Amen! Preach it, brother!" from their comrades in ignorance. For the love of reason, please read what you write before you post it. Everyone will feel better without all the negativity.

Considering your faction's current diplomatic and military situation, should you really be criticizing other people's leadership?

Tanken admitted to making mistakes, as a leader, and those mistakes are well-documented. The mistake he is accusing the Teutonic leadership of making--taking advantage of KUTT generosity as friends, then treating them cold as ice--could not be more different than his mistakes. That is why he is qualified to point them out. Before you jump to calling someone a hypocrite, maybe you should take a little time to think about what hypocrisy means.

If you're going to sever ties with the Teutonics in the middle of a major war, then you should at least give everyone the specifics on what went down with them so that KUTT doesn't lose face as a result.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Teutonic severed their ties with KUTT. Unfortunately, KUTT will still lose face, as you suggested, because morons will still vote KUTT posts down and post arguments that seem strung together almost at random until they retreat from the thread from sheer exhaustion.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:11 am »
+3
Does anyone remember that this thread belongs to this knute guy to show off his chart thing he made, i thought there were like 3 other drama threads?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:45 am »
+1
Does anyone remember that this thread belongs to this knute guy to show off his chart thing he made, i thought there were like 3 other drama threads?

This, so sod of and make your own threads.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Orc_Slayer

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art Of war
  • Game nicks: Orc_Slayer_AoW
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2012, 01:49:50 am »
+1
I know defending KUTT or Tanken is going to get me truckloads of Infamy votes, and it's going to look weird considering the drama SWF created at the beginning of Strategus Round 4, but watching people post absolute nonsense and get Renown for it just because it's anti-KUTT or anti-Tanken makes me feel the same as listening to fundamentalists criticize science and get rounds of "Amen! Preach it, brother!" from their comrades in ignorance. For the love of reason, please read what you write before you post it. Everyone will feel better without all the negativity.

Tanken admitted to making mistakes, as a leader, and those mistakes are well-documented. The mistake he is accusing the Teutonic leadership of making--taking advantage of KUTT generosity as friends, then treating them cold as ice--could not be more different than his mistakes. That is why he is qualified to point them out. Before you jump to calling someone a hypocrite, maybe you should take a little time to think about what hypocrisy means.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Teutonic severed their ties with KUTT. Unfortunately, KUTT will still lose face, as you suggested, because morons will still vote KUTT posts down and post arguments that seem strung together almost at random until they retreat from the thread from sheer exhaustion.
no one has also heard our side of the story. We explained to KUTT what was going on. We were also upfront about it and told them the situation and what we were offered. Tanken didn't even give us time to explain ourselves he banned us from the ts and came straight onto the forums calling us children and such. Strategus is all about strategy it's just like risk. How we choose to participate in strategus is up to us and we chose to do what was best in our interest. Alot of people would of done the same.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:54:26 am by Orc_Slayer »

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2012, 01:59:40 am »
+3
If I am known for anything I hope it's for my honesty. I will give an honest unbiased perspective of what happened.

Teutonic was very upfront about the offer they received, and they were also very upfront about that they were considering the offer. I appreciate this instead of a sudden and unexpected betrayal like with Fallen.

That being said, We gifted Teutonic a fief when we didn't have to. They claim to have "Earned" most of what they have in their army (We gave them most of it). Tell me Teutonic, how easy would it have been to earn this without KUTT's S&D and the free village we gave you? and the troops? Clearly they are in debt to us financially, and in support wise. We took them under our wing and made their fief a top priority in the defense against BRD. They were given the opportunity to betray our trust and friendship, they considered it, openly discussing it with us, and then took the offer. Sure it was a dick move, but at least they weren't sneeky about it.

When they made a decision about the offer. They came to myself and Tanken, and said and I quote "We are going independent. You can either join us and serve us, or you can ROT."

Is this how you treat a friend who helped you get on their feet? Gave them a free place to meet and talk with eachother ((teamspeak)), fought many battles with them? Gave them financial aid and aid in numbers? They refused to pay us anything back and decided to keep the fief we gifted to them.

I banned them, all of them, for seven days. It was not done out of malice. I figured they had explained themselves enough, and I wanted to give them a break to avoid them getting flamed by our own upset members. I think this was fair, wise, and prudent.

TL;DR - Quit Hating on KUTT and BOAT clan, we're cool

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2012, 02:01:23 am »
+1
I'm not taking sides in the conflict; I'm complaining about how awful people are handling anything having to do with KUTT in the forums in general. I was exceedingly clear that those were Tanken's accusations, not mine, and that my issue was with the dogmatic attachment to opposing KUTT no matter what its members say.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)