Author Topic: Hospitallers declare war on FCC  (Read 21173 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Hospitallers declare war on FCC
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2012, 06:57:24 am »
I've only had good talks with you in the past, Rogue.  I'd hate to have to talk to you on the other side of the coin.  As far as I know, the coalition and Templars are staying out of it.   I think we all know what happens if we learn otherwise, which is not something I'd like to see.

Why would we drag ourselves into a war with 3/4 of NA when we are already in a war with 1/2 of EU?

Please explain to me what sane person would do this, and i will eat my hat.
Turtles

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2012, 08:00:09 am »
+1
As for your spy, want to know something funny. Today someone asked me if they could supply me with info on Kutt from the inside. My response was, no thanks. I would rather them be my friend then be my spy. So if that is how you want to play go for it. Maybe your spy can confirm to lemmy winks that we are actually a council and vote on everything based on who is in teamspeak at the time.

Kesh needs to change the title to Hosp and Kutt decalre war on the FCC. Due to attacks on our caravans and sending a spy to our teamspeak (and supplying people who attacked us). All I believe are viable reasons for war.

It's not really a spy when you guys just don't manage to move your diplomacy and strategy talks to a private channel. Maybe you should start checking who is in your channel before you guys openly talk about armies in Ismirala and your Southeast border that you're waiting for us to weaken ourselves before you attack.

It's not like the person who told me said anything different than what I already know, besides, you guys already had a spy tell you some of our plans so let's not play the "we don't do espionage" game Ohay  :rolleyes:. Kinzie isn't a spy though, despite being in a relationship with her, she won't tell me a peep and I'd rather have it that way. I just don't see why everyone is so eager to go to war when everyone is only running at 20-40% capacity of what they could be instead of waiting another 4-6 weeks and actually having real wars, with real xp, and with real consequences. None of these results and "achievements" are going to stick.

Also, let's not deny the fact you baited Hospitallers into attacking you specifically for the reason of wanting to get in on the war but you needed a "reason" to do so. If America had marched a heavily armed amount of troops as a Parade through Germany prior to their involvement in WWI, do you think they would have been attacked? Of course they would. Don't play the sheep guys, live up to what you did and don't turn the tables.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2012, 08:30:10 am »
+7
words

You're not really the brightest, are you?  You've put yourself into an alliance with the Hospitallers, who are currently under attack from five or so different clans.  You don't send them troops (yet) but you supply them with gold and equipment while expecting to hold neutral relations with the clans that are currently warring against your ally.  You mention WW1, so let's go back and think that Germany is fighting France, Russia, the U.K and Italy, the only other major world power they aren't duking it out with yet is the United States.  During this time period, they've received small amounts of supplies (which can be viewed as a sign of non-aggression) yet the U.S is funneling a shit load of ammo and food towards the Triple Entente.  Wouldn't you view them as hostile at that point as well?  Maybe you'd go to their neighbors and ask them very kindly to invade the U.S, or maybe you'll sink their convoys and attack their caravans to retain them from supporting your enemies.

What I'm getting at here is that your ideology is retarded, simply put, because you're funding the Hospitallers war effort against a list of enemies and expecting these enemies to not care?  You may as well be sending them troops and fighting the war for them, it doesn't matter if you only send them money and equipment, you're increasing their chance to win (not by much, I would say) which in turn is going to piss off everyone around you (especially the people that already hate your guts) who are currently, at this very moment, as I type this, fighting against the equipment bought with your money.

Don't be so surprised that everyone here wants your head on a stick, you're the only obvious (and very close) ally and supporter of the Hosperglers, and after proclaiming yourself as a sponsor for their war efforts, it should be pretty obvious that a multitude of people want you and your clan dead.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2012, 08:35:28 am »
+13
We're perfectly content in the Tundra right now, we won't be striking out to do anything rash, nor will we be declaring war against all factions that are invading Hospitallers.

And here I thought we would be doing fun things. You know, like, fighting or something. I dunno. Just seems like a fun thing to do.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2012, 09:24:28 am »
    And here I thought we would be doing fun things. You know, like, fighting or something. I dunno. Just seems like a fun thing to do.

• The FCC claims a KUTT member was offering information about KUTT to them.

• You have in several battles merced against your own clans allies, even fighting against many of your clan members all of whom were on the side of your allies. (Ive seen people get kicked out of clans for doing this repeatedly as you have but thats another story)

• You seem to support FCC ideas and beliefs that have been expressed here as well as other places, and now your suggesting that KUTT do what the FCC seems to suggest KUTT do, send their armies out to help hospitaller (instead of just giving support), which would put their home territories at risk of attack by the FCC.

This looks sketchy.[/list]
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:31:44 am by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • Renown: 278
    • Infamy: 52
    • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
      • View Profile
    • Faction: Velucan
    • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
    « Reply #125 on: October 21, 2012, 09:46:15 am »
    +2
    It's not really a spy when you guys just don't manage to move your diplomacy and strategy talks to a private channel. Maybe you should start checking who is in your channel before you guys openly talk about armies in Ismirala and your Southeast border that you're waiting for us to weaken ourselves before you attack.

It's not like the person who told me said anything different than what I already know, besides, you guys already had a spy tell you some of our plans so let's not play the "we don't do espionage" game Ohay  :rolleyes:. Kinzie isn't a spy though, despite being in a relationship with her, she won't tell me a peep and I'd rather have it that way. I just don't see why everyone is so eager to go to war when everyone is only running at 20-40% capacity of what they could be instead of waiting another 4-6 weeks and actually having real wars, with real xp, and with real consequences. None of these results and "achievements" are going to stick.

Also, let's not deny the fact you baited Hospitallers into attacking you specifically for the reason of wanting to get in on the war but you needed a "reason" to do so. If America had marched a heavily armed amount of troops as a Parade through Germany prior to their involvement in WWI, do you think they would have been attacked? Of course they would. Don't play the sheep guys, live up to what you did and don't turn the tables.

Another 4-6 weeks without war? That just goes against NA ideology. If your feeding hospi resources, i dont get why you dont just lead these armies yourself, its the exact same thing, only difference is your members might actually, you know, have some fun?
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline LordBerenger

• King
    • Renown: 1492
    • Infamy: 859
    • cRPG Player
    • Jesus is the savior of Earth
      • View Profile
    « Reply #126 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:34 am »
    +5
      • The FCC claims a KUTT member was offering information about KUTT to them.

• You have in several battles merced against your own clans allies, even fighting against many of your clan members all of whom were on the side of your allies. (Ive seen people get kicked out of clans for doing this repeatedly as you have but thats another story)

• You seem to support FCC ideas and beliefs that have been expressed here as well as other places, and now your suggesting that KUTT do what the FCC seems to suggest KUTT do, send their armies out to help hospitaller (instead of just giving support), which would put their home territories at risk of attack by the FCC.

This looks sketchy.

You do not simply accuse Tom, lord and ruler of all bridges of treachery.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • Renown: 560
    • Infamy: 130
      • View Profile
    • Faction: BRD
    • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
    « Reply #127 on: October 21, 2012, 10:56:21 am »
    +1
    You seem to support FCC ideas and beliefs that have been expressed here as well as other places, and now your suggesting that KUTT do what the FCC seems to suggest KUTT do, send their armies out to help hospitaller (instead of just giving support), which would put their home territories at risk of attack by the FCC.

Or they could come attack us like they said they would months ago. Oh, but they lost interest in that. Now I'm hearing "we totally don't like carebears, but maybe we shouldn't fight for a few more weeks. Come on, guys, just wait a little longer." Some of us are tired of waiting.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
    • Renown: 1558
    • Infamy: 986
    • cRPG Player
    • #manup @bigplays
      • View Profile
    « Reply #128 on: October 21, 2012, 11:48:36 am »
    +1
    The idea is to keep constant drama and low intensity warfare going on before your clan mates doing the manual labor of the clan get bored and their ADD riddled brains quit Strategus to go feed in Guild Wars or Pokemon or something instead.  This also puts stress on your clan's cohesion in an active wartime footing so you can work out bizarre Strategus "features" and make sure communication is good so you don't get screwed over in a do or die scenario.  People are more likely to check and enjoy Strat when the strategus-industrial complex is going strong.

War is good.  Then again I've learned to enjoy it because clans just can't stop invading me whatever I do.  Aggressively invade your neighbor for no reason today!
    My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • Renown: 1026
    • Infamy: 320
      • View Profile
      • The Betrayer of Nations
    • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
    • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
    • IRC nick: kinngrimm
    « Reply #129 on: October 21, 2012, 11:54:01 am »
    +1
    was it a trade caravan? with all the anti Kutt-Hospitallers going on since they announced cooperation a few weeks ago, i wouldn't be surprised if that would have been actually resupplies for a faction which is already openly at war with Hospitallers or shortly afterwards.

We allied with VE a day after you allied with KUTT.
    Good job on keeping it secret. Others like TkoV, FCC had been expected to group up against Hospitallers due to former dealings and with the tone here and in other threads, there ain't much to be denied about it.

So how many clans are there now at war with Hospitallers and which are most likely to join in? How many members on each site? Kesh you do know this pretty much resolves into 2 huge blocks fighting each other? Good job on not becoming carebears  :lol:
    Also depending on who now also would join in against Hospitallers, keep in mind, the more you are against them the less honor you get out of it and the more Hospitallers will gain just because they have to fight you all.

pfffff NA gankers

(click to show/hide)
    ignorance must be bliss. Rogue pretty much stated already the incoherent logic behind this. Just that you know, man you are full of it! I thought for a while he must be joking, but then the other posts where you defended this ...

EDIT:
    on the other hand i have to agree on this
    (click to show/hide)
    still you can make drama on high level while not doing false statements or insulting people(not that i saw you doing that), just saying.
    or as stated here: War ( the last tool of diplomacy, the first rule to superiority )
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:59:27 am by kinngrimm »
    learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
    • Renown: 634
    • Infamy: 237
    • cRPG Player
      • View Profile
    « Reply #130 on: October 21, 2012, 11:55:00 am »
    +2
    Another 4-6 weeks without war? That just goes against NA ideology. If your feeding hospi resources, i dont get why you dont just lead these armies yourself, its the exact same thing, only difference is your members might actually, you know, have some fun?
    Cause the second those armies leave Kutt land FCC will attack duh.  :idea:

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
    Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
    • Renown: 555
    • Infamy: 99
    • cRPG Player
      • View Profile
    • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
    « Reply #131 on: October 21, 2012, 12:08:29 pm »
    +2

When did you start posting in all purple text.
    I kinda want to start doing that but with a different color hmm

Offline Smoothrich

• King
    • Renown: 1558
    • Infamy: 986
    • cRPG Player
    • #manup @bigplays
      • View Profile
    « Reply #132 on: October 21, 2012, 12:18:14 pm »
    +5
    ignorance must be bliss. Rogue pretty much stated already the incoherent logic behind this. Just that you know, man you are full of it! I thought for a while he must be joking, but then the other posts where you defended this ...

I think what is unbelievable is that Coalition, Crusaders, and Hospitallers have zero diplomacy or war talks at all.  Of course its logical that Templars won't be supporting Hospitallers directly as much as they did last strat, because they are in a high intensity war with UIF right off the bat and their economy was apparently really bad the first weeks of Strat compared to UIF.  Thankfully for them, that got conveniently fixed!  But Hosps are still friendly with Coalition/Templars.  Proof as major trade partner with Kapilulu, NA Coalition attacks Hospitaller enemies in neutral territory, they just try to be hush hush about it.

Really Hospitaller's situation right now, kinngrimm, is because of Hospitaller strategy, not everyone else being bullies or vultures.  Hosps were able to rely on EU support for a long time now, and Hosps went out of their way to ruin relations with most other NA clans.  Why bother being friends with them, when you have an EU mega alliance as your main trade partners, and can freely wage war on every NA clan you like unless they become a vassal?

Now Hospitallers are not as fortunate, but most NA clans still don't trust them.  People have been expecting from day 1 for Hospitallers to be an aggressive, expansionist faction, and I imagine everyone who shared a border had a contingency plan in case of hostility.  Ours was "kill the fuckers."

Hero_Party ended up being the first, and I believe our strategic position controlling an EU passageway was a significant factor, along with looking weak, isolated, and unaffiliated.  We were surrounded by Hospitallers, their allies and vassals, and our territory was originally claimed by another major Hospitaller ally.

I also quite enjoy the fact that people seem to forget how last Strat ended up.  I personally welcomed a bunch of anti-UIF clans into NA to use our territory to rebuild, and even encouraged them to stay out of NA politics like the Green Vs Red war so they could rebuild and get back to EU asap.  Once I quit Strategus, I watched as these guys and Hospitallers used the gimmick of "unite to fight UIF" slogan as an excuse to wipe out every other NA clan, using nothing but duped gear that the Templars used to buy off NA support, then destroy them with it.  All the while UIF posted "please come back to EU, we already crushed NA and want low ping fights, plz we miss u :("  to no response.

Why should I or anyone expect nothing less than top douchebaggery like that in the future?  After all, if EU war gets ugly, NA might look mighty tempting again..

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • Renown: 278
    • Infamy: 52
      • View Profile
    • Faction: Velucan
    • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
    « Reply #133 on: October 21, 2012, 01:08:14 pm »
    +2
    Cause the second those armies leave Kutt land FCC will attack duh.  :idea:

The armies are gonna be leaving KUTT land anyway, might as well be under KUTT leadership
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Keshian

• King
    • Renown: 1176
    • Infamy: 992
    • cRPG Player
    • Diggity diggity
      • View Profile
    • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
    • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
    • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
    « Reply #134 on: October 21, 2012, 03:44:28 pm »
    +2

Seriously how did you end up being your faction's leader??  4-6 weeks of idling before ever fighting???  Really??  How fucking boring your clan members must think you, I would have quit your faction weeks ago.  Lets turtle up and wait 3-4 months of startegus before ever attacking anyone, even giving up your claim to Ismirala castle which was a free fight without creating a war and you could have helped your ally by preventing us from sending troops to Steppes becasue we would be busy defending Ismirala castle.

"I just don't see why everyone is so eager to go to war when everyone is only running at 20-40% capacity of what they could be instead of waiting another 4-6 weeks and actually having real wars, with real xp, and with real consequences."

All this statement means is you are afraid to fight without heraldic plate in all your fights and german greatswords, and armored horses because that is the only way you do well on the battle server - 3x loomed tin canning strength builds. 

One reason why Strategus is the great equalizer is superior tactics, coordination, and a balanced set of players can win against superior gear.  Look at all these Hositaller fights so far where they have had heraldic plate, heavy horses, etc. and still get a 1:1 or worse, same as Northern Empire in Strat 2.0 (same strategy - lets wait 3-4 months before ever doing anything and then we ran in with blue gambesons, yellow tunics over mail, shortened military scythes, rounceys, and bamboo spears and wrecked them the fuck up - that includes Hospitallers and Lost Legion (now part of KUTT)).  It didn't work before. 

Should FCC really wait 4-6 months for you to equip all 5-6K troops with full plate mail so that you can march on us then for fighting with your ally, who I repeat attacked us NOT in their territory - no attempt by us to start the war, we were attacked in the fricking desert they supposedly had dropped claims too.
    http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo