Author Topic: A bit of trading and a nap-time NAP. Also, shocking news, Mercs break deals.  (Read 7558 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of trading and a nap-time NAP.
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2012, 02:11:09 pm »
Nono we invited him in to trade after he asked to use our open trade point, he then escaped using this colour trick as he escaped from Kapikuli using the same trick, we were watching for it but since they set their nighttime Merc style 9pm till 5am we wanted to just follow them until a reasonable battle hour but they used naked tickets too block us :).

Exactly, outsmarted. Outwitted, outplotted, outsmarted.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2012, 02:12:40 pm »
Well they didnt do me any damage (since i still took my tax share) only the other independant traders that used that fief for S&D, so see it how you want too :)
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2012, 02:16:53 pm »
With one slightly difference: a part of UDNs troops were population and thus non-transferable. I don't know how many of those though.
I do. No more than 300 in Peshmi and no more than 300 in Yalibe. That means at least 5 k troops which they could gather in castle only from battles which I mentioned in previous post.

We made the smart decision.

Yea, giving away your last fief to the enemy who just crushed all your armies and took the rest of your fiefs is definitely smart decision. And honourable too, ofc! :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2012, 02:18:11 pm »
+2
I guess the UIF is having a ball right now......reading this thread

"Set aside your differences men of the east, put spit in your hands and shake em. Agree that the monster approaching from the west is what you should be facing, together, side by side, shoulder to shoulder and have trust in your brothers swordarm, as he should have in yours(violins playing slowly). All other matters not.

(Violins still playing, now accompanied by a church organpiano)

You, and your brothers in arms have a chance to change the fait of calradia, turn to your brother, take an oath never to betray him, never to let him down, never to leave him behind and to stand by his side.....(choirs chanting)....until the bitter end.

Never rest until the blood on your hands, is the blood of the last enemy....
when they see you they will run for the lifes,
til the end they will pay for their lies (music ends and a lonely viking horn can be heard far far away)"

GRANDMOM
-sending virtual Cookies for all who unite against the beast from the west, with strawberry crustings!!!!

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2012, 02:27:13 pm »
+1
Yea, giving away your last fief to the enemy who just crushed all your armies and took the rest of your fiefs is definitely smart decision. And honourable too, ofc! :rolleyes:

I suppose you think the smart decision would be to LOSE our last fief anyway along with several hundred troops, 20k gold or so and a load of equipment?

Anyway, that is all ill say. I tend to stay away from nerdfest topics like this for fear of turning into one of those weirdos who argues on the internet.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2012, 02:37:08 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Gnjus, you're right, I didn't participate in previous strats, but you must admit that it did need neither great activity nor experience in strat to gather decent number of troops and gear in your best fief - castle, not in bloody village. And that's the main reason why I'm dissapointed, because United pointlessly wasted forces which might have been used with more sense. Forces which I helped to gather.

(click to show/hide)
Grandmom! Will you marry me?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:41:50 pm by Falka »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2012, 02:41:25 pm »
+1
Yea, and it was impossible to send troops and gear to castle BEFORE attack, not after, when was too late. As I said, masters in stratetegy at work  :rolleyes:
That's what I'm saying, he left Yalibe with 2 k troops and all gear and let Unions lock his 1k army. Then, when he won battle against 300 Unions troops, instead of sending back 600 troops to Yalibe where you had tons of gear he retreated. Just luz.
Except that Yalibe was already surrounded by a number of other armies at that point. He would've lost all if he had headed back.

Doing things before the attack, yes, we had our things spread out too much and too much of it being in fiefs, rather than on people (why do people keep doing this?), which is merely a direct consequence of our structure. We could've retreated with more, possibly (but only in case of UIF not pursuing us, being all mounted and quickmarching).

Gnjus, you're right, I didn't participate in previous strats, but you must admit that it did need neither great activity nor experience in strat to gather decent number of troops and gear in your best fief - castle, not in bloody village. And that's the main reason why I'm dissapointed, because United pointlessly wasted forces which might have been used with more sense. Forces which I helped to gather.

There was no indication, that the UIF would be targetting us specifically. In fact, it actually seemed like they were finally attacking the Eastern bloc.
What with the PP reset only a day or so ago, our fiefs were still in disarray with fief owners only starting to define roles for them.
Also, it took the UIF at most a couple of hours to cross the distance between our line of sight and our fiefs.

Lets face it, you do not know what happened in the area, so please, refrain from these uninformed remarks.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2012, 02:42:52 pm »

Your point would've been correct if not for one small detail: remember how NSFW party was made in the first place ? And with what "cause" ? What you call "pointlessly wasted" was in fact "having a lots of battles & fun", something that was the main purpose of this "free for all" Strat faction. Maybe you didn't know that when you were joining, if that's the case then i understand your feelings.
Also: you should know that in skype I've been saying its a noble cause but a doomed one nonetheless, since carebearing is impossible to avoid in this game. They should've just picked a side from day 1 if they wanted to play as a proper faction, everything else was gonna be wiped no matter what and no matter by which larger force. Carebears are not gonna let an "indie" to run around the middle and attack stuff on a random bases, smaller clans have tried that in past versions of strat and look how they all ended up: either wiped or having their feet sticking out of the big boys hairy assholes.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2012, 02:46:42 pm »
+2
I'll make it quick.

First: please close this thread before the drama goes on for dozens of pages...

Ptx, you came to Coalitions ts asking them for free passage through their lands to march north with all your armies, but when you got asked if you want to go to NA you said no. I was in the channel because i talked to rogue the second before you joined  :rolleyes:.
So, you bring your armies to the north, but do not go to NA, so your targets are limited to Coalitions north-eastern fiefs (i think we can agree that this is a stupid idea), Wolves & Cotgs - our friends - or, if you bring enough patience, Fisdnar which is owned by us. Therefore this was a quite fishy request.

Moreover Olwen said that there are no deals between us, which basicly is like saying: We don't give you the 700 troops we agreed on earlier!

Also on attacking Olwen. He is shittalking about Mercenaries since strat 2. He is acting like he is the best crpg player ever saying all new mercs are shit and that this is not the Clan that it should be in his opinion. And considering how fucking retarded he acts i'm happy about that. Maybe it would be the clan that is "should be" if you would be one of it's leaders? bless chadz that you arent...
Also he is going on like he is the king of strategus threatening us with his and UIF's armies.
Attacking Olwen is a satisfaction for everyone in Mercenaries, i think there were three armies that wanted to catch him.

We have no Problems with the members of you faction, we did not and we will not attack for example teeth, even though he is unarmed and has 300 crates. He helped us a lot in strat battles and is not shittalking about us in any way.

Also stop this "you don't fight UIF" shit. Maybe you haven't recognized the new game mechanics, but to attack a fief which you cannot take in one go is rly stupid since the defender get 50% of the equipment. This will stay a cold war until one side has enough forces to attack without caring about the equipment they give to the other faction. We tried to do some smart moves against the nords and bypassing this annoying system by attacking undefended fiefs and setting up heavy defenses in there, but unfortunately the battle bugged out and instead of gaining a castle we lost all armies that were supposed to dump their troops in it. There is no point in charging at each others defenses. You've seen how the battles for Ismirala and Jameyyed castle went.

All you had to do was asking for help. Not only us but also other factions had armies ready that could support you if you would have asked, we would have helped you despite the fact that Olwen is constantly shittalking about us.
Damn it, if you would have defended the castle instead of the villages you still could hold a fief and we would have sent reinforces even without you askin for, but you got wiped within 2 days because olwen needed to keep his precious village  :rolleyes:

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »
I'm done with this thread, already said everything what I wanted to say.

PS
Maybe you didn't know that when you were joining, if that's the case then i understand your feelings.

I blame Barabes, I didn't want to join United in the first place, but whole Barabe clan joined them, so I did the same  :wink:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »
+1
All you had to do was asking for help.

Sorry old chap but the only one capable of doing it in this whole 40+ men faction is Olwen (having no spine and all that), while the rest of us have certain...."troubles" with bending over, kneeling down (you know how hard it is with an arrow in your knee), kissing other people's assholes and stuff like that. I highly doubt any of you Mercs would accept Lolwen's slimy tongue in your anus.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2012, 02:56:33 pm »
Bull.

Will adress starting from the botoom.

I won't adress most of the crap, which has been adressed already. And i'm done trying to point out your (eastern bloc's) freaking obvious fuck up in this strat. GG, EU.

If you can't stand Olwen, don't sign a NAP with his faction, simple enough?

Did Olwen sign the deal? Or did i? Check the OP.

As for coalition and right of passage, it was something i changed my mind about/realised i still had some other things to do first the moment i started speaking.

Still nothing justifying you breaking the NAP you yourselves wanted so much.

Why should i close it?

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57:58 pm »
You've seen it in last strat what we think of kneeling to somebody else, we rather got wiped than being pets of someone.
But since Olwen kept threatening us how grey order is going to wipe us on his command - i rly would appreciate an answer by harpag or hetman about this - we weren't really in the mood to send out reinforcements nobody asked for.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2012, 03:04:07 pm »
Also stop this "you don't fight UIF" shit. Maybe you haven't recognized the new game mechanics, but to attack a fief which you cannot take in one go is rly stupid since the defender get 50% of the equipment. This will stay a cold war until one side has enough forces to attack without caring about the equipment they give to the other faction.

And this exactly is the problem of strategus. Everyone will be sitting around on its troops until the end of days (or an incoming wipe) and then just go rambo and attack everything at once. So sitting around for months, doing shit just to blow up everything in a day or two. Makes it a boring game.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »
I don't like the new system either. The only way to start attacks is with overwhelming force, otherwhise all you do is equipping your enemies armies. We just have to fight by the system, if not we only waste a huge amount of resources. This also makes it quite logical that UIF attacked you first instead of attacking eastern block. Easier target, less risk, etc....
We have no hard feelings towards you. You want to be neutral and you can be, but if you stand on your own don't blame others for not helping you. The only person we have problems with is olwen.