Author Topic: sad but true  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: sad but true
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
+1
I hardly ever notice enemy ranged with my hoplite, shielder or my xbow (arb+2h mace). The only time I notice it is on my 2h because no shield or cav because my horse quickly gets shot down if I'm not careful.

Latvian's server example is poor simply because small servers always attract more ranged than melee. EU4 is frequently filled with a very disproportionate amount of ranged, EU1 isn't so bad and is perfectly manageable. As others have said, I think it would be fine if the balance between the classes was more or less equal.

The other issue is the xbow. I don't understand why it has no requirements. Yeah yeah historically it was easier to use but when has crpg ever been particularly about realism? I've picked up arbalest's in strat and gotten decent numbers of kills with 0 wpf on my horse archer main. The accuracy is far to high and I also think there should be a PD like requirement as with bows. Maybe not as steep as bows, but it should be there because the number of guys lugging around xbows can be staggering sometimes.

Haven't looked through the entire thread but has joker been in yet suggesting a different game mode?  :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:12:10 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2012, 04:10:20 pm »
far more annoying than the ever rising numbers of archers are the tons of HA and HX that seem to have infested eu1 :P and dont give me that HA dont hurt you bs because they do
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012, 04:12:58 pm »
+1
I hardly ever notice enemy ranged with my hoplite, shielder or my xbow (arb+2h mace). The only time I notice it is on my 2h because no shield or cav because my horse quickly gets shot down if I'm not careful.

Latvian's server example is poor simply because small servers always attract more ranged than melee. EU4 is frequently filled with a very disproportionate amount of ranged, EU1 isn't so bad and is perfectly manageable. As others have said, I think it would be fine if the balance between the classes was more or less equal.

Haven't looked through the entire thread but has joker been in yet suggesting a different game mode?  :P

from a playerbase of 120 down to 70! aus server had to be removed cuz there weren't enough players, the mod is dying and its cuz of the amount of ranged players who simply take out the fun.
bring back Vanilla crpg!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2012, 04:14:50 pm »
+2
Or perhaps its because this is a pretty old game, other newer games are being released pretty much constantly and people are finally beginning to lose interest after grinding dozens of generations?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2012, 04:16:08 pm »
+1
from a playerbase of 120 down to 70! aus server had to be removed cuz there weren't enough players, the mod is dying and its cuz of the amount of ranged players who simply take out the fun.
bring back Vanilla crpg!
I heard u ride a arabian warhorse so shut up pls.

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »
I heard u ride a arabian warhorse so shut up pls.

i sold the go-cart for a masterwork 2hander, only played cav one gen to try it

Or perhaps its because this is a pretty old game, other newer games are being released pretty much constantly and people are finally beginning to lose interest after grinding dozens of generations?

nah not really, as long as ppl enjoy something, they won't leave it and go play something else, true a lot of games being released, but there aren't any good action online rpgs out there like this mod (or how it used to be... )

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2012, 04:22:03 pm »

You fuckin mad?
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2012, 04:23:28 pm »
+5
Just remove kiting an force them to go melee.....

Problem solved most people i know only goes archer to troll people and kite thats where they get their kicks while serious archers would be fine with removal of kiting an we would start to see archer carrying real backup weapons. Watch Guard tennoth fx only archer i know that carries backup weapon an not some silly shit 0slot ohh shit weapon

An remove Couch from the heavy lance to bring in more diversity for cav weapon choices. 

There you have just removed to two most easy fuckin ways of getting kills in cRPG..  8-) these classes are just overused because its low risk high rewards classes..

Classes that have low risk and high reward will allways be the majority
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:26:36 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »
+1
Increase weight of bows and arrows to give the archers less "run / kite" speed?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2012, 04:34:33 pm »
+3
atleast slow down archers when they draw bow because i think everyone knows that retard thingy when you follow archer but he just draws bow than runs sideways(without any speed penalty) and than turns and  shoots you without even aiming (in my case it is headshot almost 50 % (true story))
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »
nah not really, as long as ppl enjoy something, they won't leave it and go play something else, true a lot of games being released, but there aren't any good action online rpgs out there like this mod (or how it used to be... )

If anyone plays enough of a game they will get tired of it eventually regardless of how good it is. Considering a huge number of people here have clocked 1000's of hours it's only normal that eventually the numbers will drop with no new players really coming into it. I took a break for over 6 months at one point, hardly touching the game. Now I'm playing sporadically but with no where near as much interest as I used to because I've played so much.

I know we have some layabouts here, but for people who have a job and lives it can be difficult to play multiple games. I still have games left over from the steam summer sale which I have yet to touch because I'm slowly making my way through them. Some people may play an hour or 2 of crpg, but new games will always distract for a while. Particularly those with mp content.

atleast slow down archers when they draw bow because i think everyone knows that retard thingy when you follow archer but he just draws bow than runs sideways(without any speed penalty) and than turns and  shoots you without even aiming (in my case it is headshot almost 50 % (true story))

This I actually agree with. WotR principle.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:41:16 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »
Just make range ammo looms increase stack size and not damage. Thats why ranged rapes everyone becasue they get double damage bonus
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2012, 06:07:41 pm »

This probably, anyways NA is still thriving compared to our usual numbers, last night NA_1 was about 90 players and NA_2 about 70, Community was another couple dozen and DtV another 7. Friday and weekend nights it gets even busier.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2012, 06:08:22 pm »
just got strat battle and got 75% of the time headshot time to let EU_1 go and do something else

That might have been my bad.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:09 pm »
+7