Author Topic: sad but true  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: sad but true
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 09:06:50 pm »
+1
and the devs still dont realize they messed up... EU 1 player base went from a full server of 120 down to about 70 players for the last two months? cuz some dude boosted rangetards... i barely ever see EU1 with even 90-100 ppl on it... siege is the only playable game mod for now, but the server is always full.
I made a post about declining player numbers a few months back and all I got as answer was "Nah, you're wrong - playernumbers are growing!" That argument is just being ignored.

...but what do I care - not playing anymore anyway. Sooo many great games released lately, couldn't care less if crpg is ruined by ignorance.  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »
+2
When we were all peasants no one whined that much about being unable to fight off the ultra high level and geared people.

Now all people do is whine, or look for an excuse to do so. And yes im whining about whining, but I think we need some of that now in this place.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
+13
archers should be there to give supressing fire and not to be accurate as a fucking m107 barret snipergun.
and all this running away turn back shoot and run again is so fkcn boring when i chased them in the past i just gave it up andlet em shoot me cuz its so fkcn boring palying against those guys. most retarded thing is still the shotgunning archers turning with drawed bow and running around the guy and release, comepletely unfair  increase the inf bum range when in near of drawed bow/crossbow, anyway why do i even post again nothing will change anyway its not the game its the players which choose the wrong side of the rive.. and destroying eu foricing people to play siege or even quit this mod for a while. hello infamy!

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 09:13:37 pm »
First of all thanks for the epic song which reminds me old days.

I posted it somewhere else too. Thats the only reason that i stopped playin on eu1. You should be a range or cav to fit in eu1.

-Range
-Melee
-Cav

Theres always huge amount of cav/range in one team. Equal or close numbers in each team sounds better. Lets think theres 21 ranged in server. Make it 10vs11.
There wont be a problem. Thats how balance needs to work in my opinion.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:17 pm »
First of all thanks for the epic song which reminds me old days.

I posted it somewhere else too. Thats the only reason that i stopped playin on eu1. You should be a range or cav to fit in eu1.

-Range
-Melee
-Cav

Theres always huge amount of cav/range in one team. Equal or close numbers in each team sounds better. Lets think theres 21 ranged in server. Make it 10vs11.
There wont be a problem. Thats how balance needs to work in my opinion.
wont fix the problem if the 10 are the best archers in the game and the other 11 suck

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 09:26:18 pm »
+6
And please don't come to NA server. You might bring those pesky aimbot archers with you.

Already got Aderyn here with his aimbot :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »
+1
Every map needs some more cover added to protect from cavalry and archers.  Go back and add rocks, rubble, trees, etc. 

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:59 pm »
+7
  • We have a bunch of maps with no cover.
  • 1wpf crossbows are too easy to aim if you have half a brain and know how to compensate, and due to how easy it is to use everyone and their mother uses one as a sidearm.
  • Current mechanics reward Agi archers and punish STR archers by making PD useless past 6, thus making it harder to eliminate range threats as every archer is AGI and has 7-9 ATHL.
  • Cavalry is too easy to drop into thus creating a disproportional amount of cavalry thus demanding an increase in range to hunt them.
Of course we have too many range players running about...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00:17 pm »
+4
The problem is not that cavalry or ranged are too powerful, or even that there's too many of them.  The advantages to being ranged or cavalry are obvious (even though people tend to overlook their weaknesses). 

The problem is the autobalance system.  It stacks teams too often with cavalry or ranged being heavily skewed to one side or the other.

Fix the balance system to balance based more on class (or items equipped) than on banner balance and score alone.    Don't take out banner balance, make that the priority AFTER first making sure the classes are relatively balanced.

I notice it more when a STF clan of horse xbows gets on the server with the same banner and all 8 of them are always on the same team, and the enemy team has 0 horse archers/xbows. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »
+5
The problem is not that cavalry or ranged are too powerful, or even that there's too many of them.  The advantages to being ranged or cavalry are obvious (even though people tend to overlook their weaknesses). 

The problem is the autobalance system.  It stacks teams too often with cavalry or ranged being heavily skewed to one side or the other.

Fix the balance system to balance based more on class (or items equipped) than on banner balance and score alone.    Don't take out banner balance, make that the priority AFTER first making sure the classes are relatively balanced.

I notice it more when a STF clan of horse xbows gets on the server with the same banner and all 8 of them are always on the same team, and the enemy team has 0 horse archers/xbows.

Never thought I'd +1 huseby, but here I am doing just that. Although I personally feel that certain subclasses are OP (Such as highly agi-dominant archers), the classes themselves are not overpowered. I am no coder, but I cannot imagine that it would be a gigantic pain in the ass to code a simple system in which players who spawn with a bow are considered archers, players that spawn with a horse and a melee weapon are considered melee cavalry, and players that spawn with a horse and a ranged weapon are considered ranged cavalry. If we wanted the system to be even better, take into account the cost of the items and how heirloomed they are. I understand that there aren't that many developers of this mod, and most of them are working heavily on project asinus, but for christsake, we are not asking for any new models, animations, or anything of that ilk. Fix the autobalance system, and the mod is GREATLY improved. In fact, I'd wager to say that autobalance is the ONLY major problem with this mod currently, but it's such a huge fucking problem that it makes this mod absolutely infuriating to play a very large proportion of the time. Nothing like the team-score going 1-4 or 0-4 for several maps in a row, and instantly knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt if you're on the winning team or the losing team by the second round.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 06:35:03 am »
+1
archery is not that OP  , OP is the number of archers  decrease number of archers=save mod

He is 100% correct. I tried archery for a bit with my alts. As I am a stupid newb who only always plays with a Greatsword, it was hard as hell for me. I killed people more in melee than I did with a bow and I keep getting shot by arrows, they arent that OP. Its just ammount of those aimbotters, not a game balance issue, since when an archer is close to a dedicated meleeplayer he/she is cooked pork.

Also I blame 2h heroism in this. Archer is a natural enemy to 2h. Ofcourse you get a entire game filled with whiners when one half of the server is 2h and the other half is archer. Both classes may occasionally have an uneven ammount in the server.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 10:25:28 am »
One solution for sidearm crossbowers would to put a small amount of PD req. on the crossbows that don't stack up the damage. Or just increase the slot of the first xbows.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 12:20:57 pm »
i am not asking to nerff it or something but if possible to make it less attractive for people to play because soon half of players will be ranged and nobody will want to play such awesome mod as cRangedpg ( as someone said in eu 1 recently :D)

Thats what im saying. Add stamina for Infantry and Horses (Archers cant shoot accurate after running, Cant run full speed all the time, ... ). This would also make melee more interesting cus even the pro's would suffer from fighting too long and too many oponents giving the less advanced player a better chance to win a melee fight.  ---> decreasing the amount of Archers.

Also this would not nerf just one class but change the whole combat mechanics. (as the devs already proposed) 

Also Buff throwing - cus throwers are really dangerous for archers.

ATM they are too "safe". Fighting with low risk and high damage.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »
Stamina would be the killer to the all ready slow paced melee action we have now after shitloads of nerfs....  :?
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 03:45:24 pm »
Stamina would be the killer to the all ready slow paced melee action we have now after shitloads of nerfs....  :?

Ofc. We'd to speed it up. If your stamina is low the speed should be like it is now :). Still. Archers should be less accurate after their every day marathon!
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)