Poll

Would you ragequit if all items except 13th century items were removed?

Yes
71 (24.2%)
No
75 (25.6%)
I'm against it, but wouldn't GTX
82 (28%)
I'm for it, but wouldn't GTX if it wasn't implemented
40 (13.7%)
HATE chadz! (it was his idea)
25 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 293

Author Topic: cRPG Items [NSFW]  (Read 11357 times)

Offline vinnytk

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA USA USA USA
  • Game nicks: USA_BARACK_OBAMA_AMERICA
Re: cRPG Items [NSFW]
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 03:44:14 am »
As long as it gets rid of the anime items that ruin my immersion
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 03:54:23 am »
Troll thread??

Well u would also have to remove ninja items and samurai items and poleaxe and bec corbin and tons of other weapons that dont belong in the 13th century europe list goes on....
Bec de Corbin is 13'th century. It was in native listed as polehammer.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 04:04:04 am »
As much as i hate silly weeabo gear this would ruin the feel of crpg, which is so different to native. Anyway there is plate armour in native but its just ugly as hell.

If your gunna try and take away my plate then you can just forget yourself!
Turtles

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 04:40:25 am »
Had to point this out. Its not 13th century. Its  15th to 16th century.  I'm not certain where you got the notion it was based on the 13th century.

::update:: are you basing it off of the year stated in the bottom right corner of the campaign? It does state 1257, but bare in mind its a fictional land and the calendar year does not necessarily reflect our calendar.

He's basing that off developer statements, specifically those wondering if they should remove all non-13th century gear.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:14 am »
Do the devs not think thats its the variety of items that makes cRPG so much more interesting than native?
Turtles

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:50 am »
Templars   http://www.greyfriars51.fsnet.co.uk/templar%20battle.jpg       boring

vs 16th century

Gothic knights ; italian light cavalry armor   pretty damn cool

My conclusion - some stuff from later centuries is much more interesting and fun to see than your average 13th century "properly" equipped soldier. Even though i am the leader of a clan based on japanese samurai culture, doesn't mean we don't appreciate  some of the state of the art european armors and weapons of the more late period of history.

By the way, same goes for the japanese samurai warfare evolution from 12th-13th to 16th centuries, if your average samurai in 13th century was a horse archer and looked something like this :

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/dannyboyo68/sam13.jpg, http://samurai-warriors.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/samurai-armor.jpg;

Whereas a sengoku-jidai period 16th century samurai would look like this : So my point is - dropping stuff from the late centuries might bring some historical accuracy to the game, maybe some authentic feel (doubt it), but why would you degrade the game to such a level, throwing away so many interesting armors and weapons of the late period ? So i'd have to agree with Casimir on this one, variety is good, it's Calradia, not the History Channel.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:19:33 pm by Shogunate_Ujin »

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 10:25:17 am »
DOO IIIIT! NAWW!
Monkeys!

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41:32 am »
(click to show/hide)

I agree with that. And my 5 Cents: I wouldn't appreciate it simply because of the diversity. The Item-Team does a great job but we all know how long it takes for new items to get implemented... Not to speak of the texturing/modelling...

So it will be a big cut to the diversity. And thats lame. F**k historical accuracy. Its a game. I want fun.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 10:54:59 am »
wll this is a nice idea, but then you would need to add MANY more 13th century armours and weapons, which wouldnt be so hard couse there are many out there ;)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 10:56:49 am »
Until I see BFGs, rocket launchers and plasma guns ingame I won't complain. Perhaps.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:19 am »
As long as it gets rid of the anime items that ruin my immersion

Pretty much sums up my opinion. Long maul seems odd (although under some assumptions it's not ruining the balance), black plate (26st century equipment) has to be removed. Heavy plate for it's uber uglyness and bugged texture, and lamellar cuirass because the texture is just fail.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 11:18:26 am »
Yes let's STREAMLINE the design of cRPG.

Sorry more caps in spoiler.. 1st and only time I ever write in so many caps.
(click to show/hide)

The spoilered sentences above was mostly ironic. (In case some americans didn't get it)

I mean.. this is of course a valid topic, but the scope of it is beyond what c-RPG can currently be, and contains countless pitfalls. All respect for the makers, but the very name of the mod: c-RPG is simply a terrible name, that tells you nothing.. And I really really like that! It also names no boundaries to what it can be, time period, setting etc. If anything it contains "be what you want"!. Be it Conan, Ninja, Templar, Mongol, or a freckled girl with pink hair throwing rocks at people.

If anything, this freedom, creativity, and FUN is the very soul and Unique feature of c-RPG.

And I have to beg the holy makers, to consider this before they do mad changes and think up a "Concept/setting/story" and start limiting the mod. But yeah.. a healthy discussion about these topics would be good, and we would have something to argue about before patch :-)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:23:22 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 11:42:35 am »
Yes let's STREAMLINE the design of cRPG.

Sorry more caps in spoiler.. 1st and only time I ever write in so many caps.
(click to show/hide)

The spoilered sentences above was mostly ironic. (In case some americans didn't get it)

I mean.. this is of course a valid topic, but the scope of it is beyond what c-RPG can currently be, and contains countless pitfalls. All respect for the makers, but the very name of the mod: c-RPG is simply a terrible name, that tells you nothing.. And I really really like that! It also names no boundaries to what it can be, time period, setting etc. If anything it contains "be what you want"!. Be it Conan, Ninja, Templar, Mongol, or a freckled girl with pink hair throwing rocks at people.

If anything, this freedom, creativity, and FUN is the very soul and Unique feature of c-RPG.

And I have to beg the holy makers, to consider this before they do mad changes and think up a "Concept/setting/story" and start limiting the mod. But yeah.. a healthy discussion about these topics would be good, and we would have something to argue about before patch :-)

I could not have said it better. I would only like to add that this is what makes c-RPG so interesting to my eyes, the diversity of armors and "cultural" styles. I love seeing those battlefields with tons of different outfits, it's just so beautiful and epic. I understand the concern of the developpers that might wonder if their game isn't turning in some sort of lolol game. But I think this is what people ultimately like about it, at least that is what I immediately noticed and enjoyed about the mod when I first arrived here. Finally, it's tru we got some 16th century weapons etc., but it sort off fits together I think. It's not as if we got lightsabers and guns...

Offline Kai_123

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »
just wondering, what would happen wiht the heirloom 16 centuried weapons will they just disapear or...

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 01:57:50 pm »
I like the idea, but i like diversity too, as said Thomek, you can be anything you want.

So may be you can keep cRPG as it is and make Strategus 13th accurate, it could be better for the immersion and story line.