Author Topic: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)  (Read 7675 times)

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
Re: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »
+1
I think people are jumping the gun here.
I dont think all clans / members know how this strat works and some miscommunication went on. so now you have a village transfer in a stupid way. NOT an exploit though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:01:56 pm by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
+5
I should be in Tulga shortly and can accept that ownership, as for the exploiting nonsense.. It was a misunderstanding as pointed out, Its a great idea to leave/join the faction to be able to transfer ownership but not everyone thought of that idea.. People need to use their brains and realize that mistakes happen, Larger clans will always have communication issue's and not everyone is out to exploit the mechanics of the game simply because there are in a warring faction.

Hero party is full of a lot of admins and very knowledgeable players, also a good handfull or senior/informative players in other factions that are quick to point the finger, Just bare in mind we have a lot of players that just simply play the game... crazy right!  :P

I really do wish certain individuals would just talk to us and work out the none RP'ing issues outside of the drama nest that is the forums, I know many of you love the drama, and in regards to wars and battles sure, go nuts.. But a lot of this is really getting out of control.

I am not a diplomat, thats Devil, Huesby, Val, etc.. But am an officer of Hospitaller, If anyone would ever like to get a hold of me, My steam account is "Azteky" please feel free to msg me and I can try and get to the bottom of any issue or will at least redirect you to someone that may be able to help.

Thanks.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 02:00:02 am »
+3
As much as id like to see Hospitaller get carpet bombed, its clearly just a bad fief transfer. I was under the impression the only way to transfer fiefs between factions was to attack said fief. Would be nice if the devs would release official change logs.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 02:25:48 am »
I still love how CMP never bothered to fact check, came on and said DO IT CAUSE I"M THE BOSS.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:33:10 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wallace_Ritchie

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Luk_Astralis, FatKidsAreHardToKidnap
  • IRC nick: Luk
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 02:28:34 am »
+3
Thanks for the heads up on exploiting CMP. I seem to recall some clan getting carpet bombed in the most literal way I can think of for something similar. If your wondering why Tulga hasn't been attacked yet you could always ask. A PM would do just fine. No need to waste a whole thread on trying to save us from the magic carpets of doom. Although I do like having all our dealings posted on the forums. A whole thread even. I feel like I'm in a big boy clan. Anyways, nothing to see here. Move along.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 02:33:26 am »
+1
They could see an enemy was about to attack them, so they had to do a speedy transfer. Is that OK? I don't think so. I believe there was a desire to trade fiefs, but not sloppy like this.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 02:35:33 am »
They could see an enemy was about to attack them, so they had to do a speedy transfer. Is that OK? I don't think so. I believe there was a desire to trade fiefs, but not sloppy like this.

Sloppy? This is how you've transferred fiefs for 3 strat iterations.  And from what I can see, no one has mentioned Unriya which isn't even THREATENED by attack atm...

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:37 am »
how is astralis attacking hospitaller attacking your own fiefs? Astralis and hospitaller have had a agreement to trade fiefs since the ebginning of Strat. They are trading The city of Tulga for the two villages Seeing as hosp and astralis are not allied nor are we the same clan how at all is that connected to attacking of a own fiefs? as well as there was no armys nearby to attack it(within a day that is)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 02:40:30 am »
how is astralis attacking hospitaller attacking your own fiefs? Astralis and hospitaller have had a agreement to trade fiefs since the ebginning of Strat. They are trading The city of Tulga for the two villages Seeing as hosp and astralis are not allied nor are we the same clan how at all is that connected to attacking of a own fiefs? as well as there was no armys nearby to attack it(within a day that is)

I think the problem is Tazjunat. There IS an army there, and that seems to be the point of contention.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2012, 02:49:35 am »
+1
Sloppy? This is how you've transferred fiefs for 3 strat iterations.  And from what I can see, no one has mentioned Unriya which isn't even THREATENED by attack atm...

Incredibly convenient timing, strange amount of troops for a prearranged transfer, etc. They saw an attack coming, so they blocked it by moving up the transfer time. Just a theory.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 02:52:52 am »
+4
Thanks for the heads up on exploiting CMP. I seem to recall some clan getting carpet bombed in the most literal way I can think of for something similar. If your wondering why Tulga hasn't been attacked yet you could always ask. A PM would do just fine. No need to waste a whole thread on trying to save us from the magic carpets of doom. Although I do like having all our dealings posted on the forums. A whole thread even. I feel like I'm in a big boy clan. Anyways, nothing to see here. Move along.

Instead of admitting that the transfer was rushed to avoid the Shogunate attack, you keep lying and you do it in an arrogant way.
I was advised to let it go for this time, but after reading your and other posts I might actually reconsider.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2012, 02:58:40 am »
+3
You have to keep in mind how angry Hosp were when Fallen delayed them last Strat, and now they do the same thing? I didn't think Fallen deserved the punishment they received, but Hosp definitely deserve the same justice that they demanded back then.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2012, 03:25:34 am »
Incredibly convenient timing, strange amount of troops for a prearranged transfer, etc. They saw an attack coming, so they blocked it by moving up the transfer time. Just a theory.

(click to show/hide)

It's just the ARMY that was "supposed" to attack it didn't attack the fief in a quick enough time to beat a village transfer? FYI strider is WEST coast, so that battle is 9:30 which would be 6:30 for him.  Easy enough to just click on attack right at 5 and be there in 2 hours. Not everyone is EAST COAST, so for him thats RIGHT after work he initiated the battle.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:29:36 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:22 am »
As much as id like to see Hospitaller get carpet bombed, its clearly just a bad fief transfer. I was under the impression the only way to transfer fiefs between factions was to attack said fief. Would be nice if the devs would release official change logs.

I thought the exact same thing.

Not casting judgment one way or the other, just saying, I didn't know either.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2012, 03:40:43 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

It's just the ARMY that was "supposed" to attack it didn't attack the fief in a quick enough time to beat a village transfer? FYI strider is WEST coast, so that battle is 9:30 which would be 6:30 for him.  Easy enough to just click on attack right at 5 and be there in 2 hours. Not everyone is EAST COAST, so for him thats RIGHT after work he initiated the battle.

You're saying he planned the transfer at a very inconvenient time for himself? Almost as if he had to do it in a hurry so someone else couldn't do it?

I believe the Shogunate wanted to do the attack at a time that would be fun for everyone involved, so they waited. They're on a final crusade and want it to be as fun as possible.