Author Topic: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)  (Read 7682 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:59 am »
+2
I've stopped looking at - and + anymore simply because how much I get minused simply because I'm in hospitaller. Our clan is not one to use exploits to gain advantages in strat if we're going down we go down with the ship every last one of us plays strat and we play it to have fun. I was quite outraged at fallen for doing this same thing to us and its ridiculous at least to me that you would assume that we intentionally did this. All of us in hosps like to have battles especially when the odds are stacked against us. It's all the same to us as we will always be here to give the good fight and hopefully continue our strat dominance in NA.

Huh???  and double huh???  Are you sure you are talking about Hospitallers???  Because im pretty sure both those statements are news to every clan in NA.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2012, 05:27:12 am »
+2
to be honest you should warn coalition merc kapikulu and union who did transfer fief by attacking it by one of their own menber wish they just remove it from the faction before attacking their own fief.... and well get your fact straith kind anoying the hate toward hospitaller.

edit: merc have done it like 6 time by now coalition too
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:37:12 am by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline arowaine

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2012, 05:28:37 am »
+1
Why aren't Hospitallers taking Tulga then? Why did Astralis go forward with the attacks at exactly that time? Nice try.
But let's say I believe you (which I don't, for the record); have the Astralis guys join your clan and use the fief transfer function. I still expect the attacks to be called off.

be fair and tell the same to merc coalition kapikulu and union sir Or you should change the way transfering ownership of fiefs/castle/city so we can transfer between faction, that way there would be no ambiguities and then you could enforce your rules without making shady assumptions yourself
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:37:53 am by arowaine »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2012, 05:42:01 am »
+1
Huh???  and double huh???  Are you sure you are talking about Hospitallers???  Because im pretty sure both those statements are news to every clan in NA.
Item bomb anyone lately?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2012, 05:43:01 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Such a pain to post that via iPhone but I did it! Look at that third after those euros hmm I think you've been gone too long kesh as us hosps did well last strat. And we definitely know about being wiped and every time we have fought and never have we just given up. Bleh I don't even know why I'm bothering with you, ugh I just got trolled into posting this.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2012, 05:44:08 am »
+3
I've stopped looking at - and + anymore simply because how much I get minused simply because I'm in hospitaller. Our clan is not one to use exploits to gain advantages in strat if we're going down we go down with the ship every last one of us plays strat and we play it to have fun. I was quite outraged at fallen for doing this same thing to us and its ridiculous at least to me that you would assume that we intentionally did this. All of us in hosps like to have battles especially when the odds are stacked against us. It's all the same to us as we will always be here to give the good fight and hopefully continue our strat dominance in NA.

The fief should have been transferred a long time ago when it was taken from FCC (tazjunet), the fact it has remained in Hospitaller hands until a hostile 2100 man army shows up at your doorstep is incredibly shady. I can think of one exploit used in strat 3.0 that hospitaller had no problem using along with a recent obsession over duplicated troops with that formal vassal's castle. I'm not assuming anything at this point, because I am judging what has transpired at face value.

You should also choose your words more carefully, the whole being outraged at fallen for doing the same thing but claiming I'm ridiculous for assuming this was not intentional is a conflicting statement. And if you actually liked battles that were stacked against you, than why not 700 people vs 2100? That seems right up your alley from what you claim. You could have put a nice dent in that army with a good resistance.

Edit: I don't think your faction should be wiped or lose territory, because that isn't fair either. But you at least should cover the cost of Khorin's upkeep for a day. That is quite fair and reasonable.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:03:03 am by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:05 am »
+3
I've stopped looking at - and + anymore simply because how much I get minused simply because I'm in hospitaller.

I personally won't do that based on clan tag, and I'm sure others don't either. If you get down votes, it's simply because you said something someone doesn't like. Hospitallers just happen to piss a lot of people off in each member's unique ways. I wish you guys would really listen to criticisms. If someone doesn't like you, there's usually a good reason for it.

I actually have respect for you, Spaniard. I've seen you have a good attitude in game, and I think you speak your mind on the forum. I may disagree with some things you say, but I don't think you're full of shit.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2012, 06:11:05 am »
+3
I agree with Gristle, I really enjoy you as a person Spaniard and  honestly don't think you are personally capable of willfully exploiting in this game. I know what I said isn't going to be taken well, but I'm upset over this situation. I still really like you as a person and respect you, along with a lot of other hospitaller members like Chucky. I mean to direct to my disappointment with the people who orchestrated this fief transfer.

Edit: As Arrowaine pointed out, the other clans also suspected of this should be looked into as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:15:13 am by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2012, 06:19:19 am »
+3

Edit: As Arrowaine pointed out, the other clans also suspected of this should be looked into as well.

My god thanks :D

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2012, 06:32:47 am »
+5
be consistent...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25:48 am »
+1
Getting confused about this "attacking fiefs for transferring" posts and stuff, I received a fief from some other faction in the past without having to initiate a battle by simply standing in the fief and the fief owner transferring it to me, voila. Are people not doing this simply due to both people having to be in the same spot?

Regardless, while I agree that it is a bit odd and exploitative for people to attack for transfers in the middle of a war for a fief in a contested area, I see nothing wrong with factions doing this with fiefs that have no armies near them.  :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:29:55 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2012, 08:43:40 am »
+4
Just found out about this thread.

Cmp you're so cute.

But really, I can understand why a dev would get some sort of red flag about this. I've never done anything in the past, nor has anyone in my clan to immediately suspect any sort of foul play involved. To jump on the gun like that was extremely uncalled for. I would have been more than happy to speak about what happened. Really, for all you people trying to pour negative propaganda trying to make this more shady than it is - take a look at Tazjunat now. 100 fief population, no reinforcements, attacked by a 2200 man Weebo army. If our intention was to try and buy some time to prepare a better defense - it clearly hasn't worked. It was better off before, honestly.

For all the BRD members trying to make this a scene, go talk about 9/11 or illuminati conspiracies for fuck sake.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:55:19 am by SittingBull »

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:31 am »
+1
Release Al-Adin!
Ride your carpets once again! For the rules! For Strategus! For the equus!
(sorry NA guys, but it would be very fun to see, I do not know what is going on to be fair)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2012, 11:34:10 am »
Don't worry. I'll trade Tazjunat back for Tazjunat, sooner than Hosps take Tulga at this rate. It's not like i'm staying there. I just want to be compensated for what I lost due to your little stunt, you're welcome to it after I loot it, have very little interest in fighting you anyway. You seem to lack armies for proper fights.

I'm still mad as hell over not getting to fight those 800 hosps hiding there because of your trade.

Also, usually when you trade stuff, you receive something in return. Tulga still seems remarkably blue.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »
+1
Just found out about this thread.

Really, for all you people trying to pour negative propaganda trying to make this more shady than it is - take a look at Tazjunat now. 100 fief population, no reinforcements, attacked by a 2200 man Weebo army. If our intention was to try and buy some time to prepare a better defense - it clearly hasn't worked. It was better off before, honestly.

Just because you fucked up and had only 1 guy on each side hired for the transfer (safest to do 3 just in case) and that 1 guy forgot to show up, doesn't make it legit, just makes it stupid.  And the intent was to give it to someone hospitallers thought shogunate would not attack as his whole theme was "protect small clans in the desert" and also to fulfill their bargain before they could no longer fulfill it.  (Hospitaller_Aderyn quote this morning:  "Why would hypocrasy not bother me? He states he's gonna get rid of major alliances in the desert, and when hosp gives away all their lands in the desert he starts attacking the smaller clans that's trying to live there while not attacking for example tkov. ")  Knew exactly what they were doing.  Losing desert anyway to TKOV, hero_party, and shogunate - so rush the transfer in hopes they wouldn't attack tazjunet and the other fief (being astralis property then) and allow hopsitallers to actually give the 2 villages necessary for Tulga before they lost both fiefs in a matter of a day or two.  Northern Empire pulled this exact crap with a castle they gave to mercs as we were going to attack it.

Just be honest, you have been waiting 2 months to do this "exchange" and then the exact day a 2200 man army arrives in your fief you decide to do it when most of hospitallers didn't even know this was going down including some of their leadership because it was so rushed, which is why 400+ troops were left in it. 

Yeah, thats not a conspiracy talking - thats just straight up an obvious red flag similar to what happened with Fallen in early Strat 3.0 when Hospitallers bitched at cmp for 15 pages demanding action be done.  You didn't explain the timing at all, just cop out and say it was just some "bizarre coincidence" for timing.  Explain your actions rather than attack the people demanding you play legitimately.

P.S.  If FCC had done this you all would be screaming bloody murder and this thread would be 3x as long, so don't give me shit about witchhunt or conspiracy.  Explain your actions legitimately, which you really have not explained why it was so rushed most of hospitallers, including leadership had no idea this was going down, 400+ troops accidentally left in it, and just barely beat the time of a 2200 man army attack??
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:00:59 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo