Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: Cube World
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 02:17:59 pm »
What has the developer said about moddability?

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 12:59:25 am »
What has the developer said about moddability?

Nothing as far as I know.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »
Apparently its in closed alpha now for people interested, not sure how to get it though, think its just through registering on the website.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 09:51:25 pm »
You can get it from https://picroma.com/ but the shop is down atm

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 12:13:56 pm »
Graphics suck, not buying this.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 04:47:31 am »
Graphics suck, not buying this.

Good, bundle of sticks.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »
Shop is open now

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 01:03:10 am »
here's the current and future features

https://picroma.com/cubeworld

hated mcraft cause was centered on digging and collecting stuff , this is more adventure oriented , saw some streaming footage and think it's funny.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 02:12:29 am »
I'm so stoked but I'm waiting for my friend to come on before I play.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 07:52:22 am »
I tried it for about an hour yesterday, I bought it because my RL friend was bothering me about it to join him. It's a pretty cool game, I think the combat system is nice and could be great if they keep working on it. Should be pretty fun in PvP as well.

I do hope they put in some better textures for the cubes. I'm not against cube-like graphics, but minecraft at least has better textures.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 05:02:03 am »
That bloody whirlwind magic spell is a real bugger! I've been playing with my brother & a good mate, one as a healer & the other as a warrior (naturally I'm an archer), great fun despite some rage worthy moments with instant target switching attacks when fighting bosses just wiping one of us out (usually the warrior who is fond of bouncing around because he put so many points into his first skill)

I hope people are finding a similar problem with the agro, no matter how hard we try, on the longer fights I always gain the mob's attention (I can only assume because I'm dealing the most damage) and particularly on boss fights where I end up leaping around like a nutter, having invested heavily in the second skill (sniping is great for groups of mobs, but terrible for bosses past the first three or four barrages, you just get obliterated) in order to avoid the attacks.
The poor warrior is on knockdown & "wtf is behind Tenne" duty because my brother was rather awful at it, his way of informing me I was backing into four monsters was to go "mmmmwweeweeemwemweee!" into his microphone.

Anyway, needless to say, I've written my experiences of moments that amused me so I'd give this a thumbs up, but only if you have a couple of people to play with, it's a different experience solo.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 10:02:15 am »
That bloody whirlwind magic spell is a real bugger! I've been playing with my brother & a good mate, one as a healer & the other as a warrior (naturally I'm an archer), great fun despite some rage worthy moments with instant target switching attacks when fighting bosses just wiping one of us out (usually the warrior who is fond of bouncing around because he put so many points into his first skill)

I hope people are finding a similar problem with the agro, no matter how hard we try, on the longer fights I always gain the mob's attention (I can only assume because I'm dealing the most damage) and particularly on boss fights where I end up leaping around like a nutter, having invested heavily in the second skill (sniping is great for groups of mobs, but terrible for bosses past the first three or four barrages, you just get obliterated) in order to avoid the attacks.
The poor warrior is on knockdown & "wtf is behind Tenne" duty because my brother was rather awful at it, his way of informing me I was backing into four monsters was to go "mmmmwweeweeemwemweee!" into his microphone.

Anyway, needless to say, I've written my experiences of moments that amused me so I'd give this a thumbs up, but only if you have a couple of people to play with, it's a different experience solo.

Yeah it is pretty great. I like that the game is not too easy. Developers have stopped making challenging games, this is a nice change.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 01:20:36 am »
+2
I've been playing for a few days couple hours here and there.

So far, I love it. I got a level 16 Rogue and 16 Ranger. I'm favoring ranger more at the moment but a good reason could be because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsU-LqJi5sQ

It's a hang gliding glitch for rangers that makes your hang glider go really quick. Also theres a crossbow glitch at the moment where you can spam your right click ability as fast as you can click it which is OP. I'm sure all of this will be fixed but I'm enjoying the base mechanics of the Ranger so I'll probably stick to it even have these bugs get fixed.

The combat is fun, I always wanted a game LIKE minecraft but more combat focused. The developer Wollay also seems 110% more interested in his game than Notch did, he has a lot of plans for the future for this game so I'm excited to see how it plays out. My only problem is apparently from what I heard leveling only gets easier the higher you get and the starting levels being the toughest.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 03:23:46 am »
I've been playing for a few days couple hours here and there.

So far, I love it. I got a level 16 Rogue and 16 Ranger. I'm favoring ranger more at the moment but a good reason could be because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsU-LqJi5sQ

It's a hang gliding glitch for rangers that makes your hang glider go really quick. Also theres a crossbow glitch at the moment where you can spam your right click ability as fast as you can click it which is OP. I'm sure all of this will be fixed but I'm enjoying the base mechanics of the Ranger so I'll probably stick to it even have these bugs get fixed.

The combat is fun, I always wanted a game LIKE minecraft but more combat focused. The developer Wollay also seems 110% more interested in his game than Notch did, he has a lot of plans for the future for this game so I'm excited to see how it plays out. My only problem is apparently from what I heard leveling only gets easier the higher you get and the starting levels being the toughest.

I think I'm going to start the investment into hang gliding... I didn't realise that I could keep the speed while on one of those though, I used to just jump each time I landed to keep the speed going & to outrun my party. I hope that stays though, because getting around is quite the pain in the arse :D

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »
Want to buy it so hard T.T stupid ddos attacks made them disable user registration  :cry:
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."