Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 4240 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Cube World
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:08 pm »
I think I'm going to start the investment into hang gliding... I didn't realise that I could keep the speed while on one of those though, I used to just jump each time I landed to keep the speed going & to outrun my party. I hope that stays though, because getting around is quite the pain in the arse :D

You only need 1 hang gliding skill to do that, the glitch is based of your number 2 skill which fucks with the momentum of the game.

Equip glider, run backwards and hit 2 and you'll go flying.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »
Want to play it. Can't buy it due to the site's problems. Shit sucks.

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »
Really diggin' the weapon customization. By the way, does someone have a server up that I could hang around?  :P
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 06:15:08 am »
You only need 1 hang gliding skill to do that, the glitch is based of your number 2 skill which fucks with the momentum of the game.

Equip glider, run backwards and hit 2 and you'll go flying.

Yep, once I tested it out and worked out the best way to do it I made sure I waited for the perfect time to do it while playing with friends, jumped off a cliff in tandem, one either side of me. "Nice synchronised jump, we'll make it together for once" - I couldn't resist and launched (I had 32 in the jump skill at the time, no need to invest in movement skills now) to the sounds of confused grunts as I squeaked "Wheeee!" down the mic.

Really diggin' the weapon customization. By the way, does someone have a server up that I could hang around?  :P

Not directly related, but you'd be welcome if this comes to fruition; Trying to get a server to run on my VPS. So far we've only managed to break the "four player limit" and spawn multiples of one person (I have a video but realised that my brother had been messing around with the naming his pet, it allegedly stopped him from choosing "Epona" for his horse but allowed "Rapist" and as such he spawned multiple pets named "Rapist Horse", immaturely hilarious in the video)

It allowed us to run 8 players simultaneously before the server had had enough on 9, it was done by typing /connect IP while on the server, the old connections apparently stayed open. The party bar only showed four people, myself, "Jikuu", "Caldure" & "Caldure" while there were in fact four Caldure's & two Jikuu's before it crashed out. So I reckon if I can get it to run on the VPS, 8 people would be able to be connected at once.

EDIT: Just watched the video back again and realised that after the ninth connection that brought down the server, the fourth player became some unnamed level 1 warrior.

Still telling silly stories that no one cares about, means I'm still enjoying it!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:20:59 am by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 06:25:39 am »
Yep, once I tested it out and worked out the best way to do it I made sure I waited for the perfect time to do it while playing with friends, jumped off a cliff in tandem, one either side of me. "Nice synchronised jump, we'll make it together for once" - I couldn't resist and launched (I had 32 in the jump skill at the time, no need to invest in movement skills now) to the sounds of confused grunts as I squeaked "Wheeee!" down the mic.

Not directly related, but you'd be welcome if this comes to fruition; Trying to get a server to run on my VPS. So far we've only managed to break the "four player limit" and spawn multiples of one person (I have a video but realised that my brother had been messing around with the naming his pet, it allegedly stopped him from choosing "Epona" for his horse but allowed "Rapist" and as such he spawned multiple pets named "Rapist Horse", immaturely hilarious in the video)

It allowed us to run 8 players simultaneously before the server had had enough on 9, it was done by typing /connect IP while on the server, the old connections apparently stayed open. The party bar only showed four people, myself, "Jikuu", "Caldure" & "Caldure" while there were in fact four Caldure's & two Jikuu's before it crashed out. So I reckon if I can get it to run on the VPS, 8 people would be able to be connected at once.

EDIT: Just watched the video back again and realised that after the ninth connection that brought down the server, the fourth player became some unnamed level 1 warrior.

Still telling silly stories that no one cares about, means I'm still enjoying it!

Be careful, the 3rd skill for the Scout class crashes servers. I didn't figure this out for a while with my friend and we were completely confused until I realized what was happening.

Offline Weren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 07:30:53 pm »
Not directly related, but you'd be welcome if this comes to fruition; Trying to get a server to run on my VPS.

Alright thanks. PM me the IP or something if/when you succeed.  :)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »
The miserable jerks DoSing the Cube World servers need to sod off, so that I can buy this while it's still cheap.

Offline Weren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:48 pm »
+1
The miserable jerks DoSing the Cube World servers need to sod off, so that I can buy this while it's still cheap.

Here is a site that could come in handy if you are in that phase: http://direct.cyberkitsune.net/canibuycubeworld/

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 10:15:26 pm »
God damn this game is fucking amazing.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 03:57:56 pm »
I could keep a server up, would not be up 24/7 but close because my computer is on untill i go to sleep ^^
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Weren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 04:01:48 pm »
I could keep a server up, would not be up 24/7 but close because my computer is on untill i go to sleep ^^
IP? :P

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 05:36:13 pm »
Since I was finally able to buy it, I would like to join, too.I bet this game is only half as fun alone.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »
Ok i got the server up now, IP is 81.170.137.187

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »
Would anyone be interested in buying my Cube World account ? (account email, username, password can all be changed) - i have no time and people to play this with
I'd be willing to sell it for ~10€ (5€ cheaper than original price).

PM

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 07:54:18 am »
Would anyone be interested in buying my Cube World account ? (account email, username, password can all be changed) - i have no time and people to play this with
I'd be willing to sell it for ~10€ (5€ cheaper than original price).

PM

Keep it man, you may get it again in the future and regret it.