Author Topic: Revert to Vanilla!  (Read 6392 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Revert to Vanilla!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »
30str robocop 10 PT 10 PS lets go! Unless you go robocop yourself everything will one hit kill you, yay i also think this is very fun.
Wrong, wrong, wrong...
30str would give 30 extra hp, not even twice the amount of a 0str build... str got less than half as much influence on how fast you die than armor does.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 06:53:32 pm »
Who cares if everyone was on a plated charger.

I would. plate armors dumb down the game if everyone uses them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 07:01:37 pm »
+1
stagnation!!

The combat system is gruesome since 2010 ..buggy , childish and laggy
No possible change after 2 years.

Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »
Lets just wait for m&b 2, Dont despair.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 08:38:47 pm »
+1
I don't see what you all crying about.

I love Crpg as it is. I look back on the old days with great joy, but i also know that permanent gold will ruin the mod if implemented now.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 08:59:16 pm »
That's the case in nearly all games. If you look back, you know how much you enjoyed the game back then and would probably still right now.. but the developers put so much time into this game and all its new features.
I love the game as it is now and I look forward to anything new!

I enjoyed crpg two years ago, but now it's far better. And not only because anything new is better.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 03:35:49 am »
+1
Well in regards to that thread TurmoilTom posted, I definately think that there should be two versions of cRPG, with two independent character bases (retro c-RPG would start from scratch).

Why? No, I'm not fucking retarded. Because, lots of players liked old-school, and stopped playing with the implementation of upkeep and slots.

The sole purpose I got Warband, was because I heard about cRPG. And I still to this day, think that vanilla was the best game I've ever played.

Fuck the shit called balance, and 'fairness'. it was more fair back then, because saving up to get decent gear actually had a point, and was a benefit that came with playing the game for a longer period of time.

It was a lot more fun overall, and I still think half of the dicks against it in this thread never experienced it.

#BRINGBACKTHEGOLDENAGE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 08:28:10 am »
I think most of the changes which were implemented were actually good ones. Yes, you have less choices than before, but you need a certain level of restrictions to keep a game fair. And you need to keep multiplayer games fair (=balanced) to keep the community. If one or more certain builds prove as OP, the game will be broken after some time.

I think the biggest problem cRPG has at the moment are a) the game mode of battle, which is favouring only certain classes and playstyles, and b) the upkeep system, which doesn't work at all.

While smoothritch has basically said everything about point a), I just want to mention briefly that the upkeep system never worked properly (favorising classes which only need cheap equipment, like archers, while classes like heavy cavalry are at a complete disadvantage), and with the marketplace it got broken totally. That's why the devs started to "fake" a working upkeep balance with tweaking the viabilities of items, and the community adapted, that's why we have the shitty equipment variety now. Change upkeep to something which works, and things will improve a lot.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:13 am »
Arbalests and swiss halberds went together so well. get rid of the slots pls
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 10:17:22 am »
^Well it worked didn't it Joker                                                        (This is sarcasm but isn't spiteful, you are partially right partially wrong)

Lost an entire continent and half of the player base.

The game speed is low due to low average wpf and a buggy mod. The only way to end a duel is to trigger an "instant-kill" or wait for the server to fail completely... in your favor. Bring back benefits to long term players and make leveling difficult.

It frustrates me that looms are more common than ordinary weapons reset the whole damn game if you have to. Save cRPG.

More importantly wth was wrong with looney tunes axe and the long voulge...  If they wanted realism why don't they do any of the more progressive suggestions (armour soak, break block on more weapons,  1.5 slot weapons, twin hitbox weapons the list goes on) . If they want skill than the middle ages is not a good time period for high realism.

Why no new items the servers are already buggy so who gives.

What about the helmet opening closing mod why hasn't that been used. Why don't we have that war-hammer.

Why hasn't chadz asked Lounge chair carnage one of the largest mount and blade syndicates in the world why no one plays cRPG?????

If you think this mod is even a shadow of its former self you are delusional. We used to have 40 people a night in AUS now we have 0 if you think that is acceptable than you are one perverted little man.

see you in native. Owens the betrayed
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:20:37 am by owens »
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 10:45:24 am »
^Well it worked didn't it Joker                                                        (This is sarcasm but isn't spiteful, you are partially right partially wrong)

Lost an entire continent and half of the player base.

The game speed is low due to low average wpf and a buggy mod. The only way to end a duel is to trigger an "instant-kill" or wait for the server to fail completely... in your favor. Bring back benefits to long term players and make leveling difficult.

It frustrates me that looms are more common than ordinary weapons reset the whole damn game if you have to. Save cRPG.

More importantly wth was wrong with looney tunes axe and the long voulge...  If they wanted realism why don't they do any of the more progressive suggestions (armour soak, break block on more weapons,  1.5 slot weapons, twin hitbox weapons the list goes on) . If they want skill than the middle ages is not a good time period for high realism.

Why no new items the servers are already buggy so who gives.

What about the helmet opening closing mod why hasn't that been used. Why don't we have that war-hammer.

Why hasn't chadz asked Lounge chair carnage one of the largest mount and blade syndicates in the world why no one plays cRPG?????

If you think this mod is even a shadow of its former self you are delusional. We used to have 40 people a night in AUS now we have 0 if you think that is acceptable than you are one perverted little man.

see you in native. Owens the betrayed

Why does owens still post here? Native gets so boring for you that you have to go back to what you consider to be the forum of a dead mod and try to make it die?

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 11:31:18 am »
^No I miss cRPG and want a playable version of it in AUS.

That is all.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 11:48:54 am »
+2
the changes in the slot system, leveling, the user interface, animations, everything has streamlined, aka dumbed down the game, probably to make it more accessible to a broader playerbase.

yet the only game mode that features real cRPG gameplay is the shitty and stale battle mode, that everyone is sick of, with all of the cookie cutter gear and builds to maximize your playtime in a shitty 1 life round filled with headshots, couches, kiting, and heavy armor.  new and old players alike are simply sick of it.  old cRPG at least led for hilariously OP characters with wacky weapons and insane loadouts, which made the generic battle gamplay unique in its own way.  now its bland native multiplayer with over-simplified mechanics which is basically babby's first medieval counter-strike, but with grinding and conformity. 

this man the OP doesn't just want old cRPG back, he just wants a change in our current cRPG to make it less stale, to get player interest back up, to enjoy logging into his high gen characters and having a community excited about something again.  the solution is to not look backward, but to move forward.

develop and implement a proper conquest mode, with siege flags all over the good battle maps, with strat tickets and respawns working like battlefield.  my suggestion here: http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/conquest-gametype-combine-strategus-siege-and-battle-into-1-bad-assed-mode/

its all already in the game.  just waiting for someone to reach out and put it together.  this gamemode would save cRPG and make it as appealing as any modern game yet with tons more depth, and make veteran players think twice about selling their looms for cash and quitting for good.  just so.

Im going to be childish and state that this quote was me.....a year ago...predicting this.

Nyah nyah told yah so!!  :lol:

ps: Well....almost a year.  :mrgreen:
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »
I don't see why we couldn't have a separate Old CRPG or 'Golden-Age CRPG' client/game completely separate from New CRPG.