Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 111219 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #840 on: October 02, 2015, 12:53:32 am »
The article is about what the people that left experienced. They where verified to have worked there and not some random strangers.

They might be a bit bummed I won't deny it, however, something is not right. Robert has been spending way too much money sponsoring the game hiring actors for the game AND sponsors, hiring writers to create alien languages, a lot of actors voice acting in the game and so on. You can check the official site showing most of these. They are not invented.

As for the ships. They are practically wasting more time selling new ships, modelling them from the outside AND inside (They need to be huge to fit quite a few people) than working on the game. They must be running out of money as a bunch of articles suggest and want to get more by selling these ships with absurd prices.

If the game releases IF, the game is going to be a mess with all those people having all these p2w cash shop ships from the start.
Yes, they're verified ex-employees. So what? Again, do you understand how big companies work? They function a bit differently from a three man family business where everyone knows everything.

"Something is not right" because in your opinion Roberts has spent "too much money" (even though you don't know how much money he has spent) on some elements of the game that you don't consider important.

1) "Selling" the ships takes ridiculously little time
2) I don't know if you're aware of this, but space ships are a big part of Star Citizen. They aren't making them just to make money, they're making them because they need them in the game. They're not making them instead of making the game. They're part of the game. If they work on the ships, they work on the game. Do I need to go slower?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #841 on: October 02, 2015, 01:07:43 am »
He hasn't released any report regarding money spent so all is speculation.

As for the rest, you clearly didn't ready what the ex employees said nor are you a graphic designer. Creating ships is not a 5 minute job, specially in such a scale Star Citizen want's to be. Look, it's clear you are not going to find any flaw in the development since everything is going great in your eyes so this is my last message to you.

Grow up and then we can have a real debate.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 02, 2015, 01:14:15 am »
He hasn't released any report regarding money spent so all is speculation.
Yes, exactly my point, very good.

As for the rest, you clearly didn't ready what the ex employees said nor are you a graphic designer. Creating ships is not a 5 minute job, specially in such a scale Star Citizen want's to be.
No, I read it, and I understood it -- as opposed to not understanding it, like you. Who claimed creating ships is a five minute job? What the fuck are you even on about? Do you understand it's a SPACE GAME, you move around space IN SHIPS. They are an ESSENTIAL part of the game.

Look, it's clear you are not going to find any flaw in the development since everything is going great in your eyes so this is my last message to you.

Grow up and then we can have a real debate.
Classic -- run out of arguments, resort to ad hominem. I'm fine with people discussing flaws, but unfortunately the retarded opinions of <100 IQ people such as yourself believing everything you read on the internet doesn't count as the ultimate truth.

But sure, don't reply to me. Big loss. Maybe you can go exchange a few emails with Derek Smart about how much Star Citizen sucks in your little minds.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #843 on: October 02, 2015, 02:05:05 am »
"Success makes enviers."

And even if they were right: nobody would never. EVER. want to say "ok, Chris, just stop with your game now and fire all your employees."

I don´t care if the game won´t be perfect compared to the amount of money spent on. It´s a huge project and it´s exciting watching it. And success or not, everybody wants to see the outcome.

Walking up to the company and start talking bullshit while it´s still in development isn´t the way to go at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2015, 09:55:58 am »
+1
"Success makes enviers."

And even if they were right: nobody would never. EVER. want to say "ok, Chris, just stop with your game now and fire all your employees."

I don´t care if the game won´t be perfect compared to the amount of money spent on. It´s a huge project and it´s exciting watching it. And success or not, everybody wants to see the outcome.

Walking up to the company and start talking bullshit while it´s still in development isn´t the way to go at all.

If talking about my posts, all I said I was sceptical that everything is going according to plans.

If they where really going according to plans you wouldn't have game packages selling for almost 18 THOUSAND dollars https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/The-Completionist-Digital

I also hope the game releases. I'm however, still surprised some people don't see how all this focus on making new ships to sell them instead of, I don't know? Be a part of the game for FREE is not worrying on their financials. Talk about a power creep cash shop.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 02, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
+1
If they where really going according to plans you wouldn't have game packages selling for almost 18 THOUSAND dollars https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/The-Completionist-Digital

I also hope the game releases. I'm however, still surprised some people don't see how all this focus on making new ships to sell them instead of, I don't know? Be a part of the game for FREE is not worrying on their financials. Talk about a power creep cash shop.

You're just wildly speculating. As Xant said, it's a fucking space game, spaceships are a huge part of the game, so saying something like "wasting time on making spaceships instead of actually making the game" is absurd. So they're adding to the game by building more spaceships AND they earn money with it - why does this immediately mean they're out of money and that this is a desperation act? They could be trying to secure funds for more features or to further improve the game, or fuck, even buy more bugattis for themselves.
And in the end, which big project EVER goes exactly according to plans?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 02, 2015, 10:50:02 am »
+1
Really? The game is supposed to be in space? I had no idea!

All I said is the focus is more on making money NOW on these ships rather than previewing what will be in the game.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 02, 2015, 11:19:01 am »
All I said is the focus is more on making money NOW on these ships rather than previewing what will be in the game.

Yeah that's what you're speculating. Who says they aren't working on other parts of the game? What's wrong with making money now?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 02, 2015, 11:30:13 am »
Yeah that's what you're speculating. Who says they aren't working on other parts of the game? What's wrong with making money now?

I'm not saying they are not working on other parts, I just said they focus more on advertising the new ship on sale. There's nothing wrong in making money (If people are now accepting cash shop ships that might take weeks to months to acquire ingame) if the game was released. This game is still in alpha, has been funded over 80 million dollars and still requires so much money to develop it.

That's what's wrong for me.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #849 on: October 02, 2015, 12:15:33 pm »
There is no game. I find it really funny that some people "invested" thousands of dollars into virtual stuff that doesn't even exist virtually, the release of an actual, playable game still in limbo with no idea when or even if it will ever exist. It's like a con artist getting the mark deeply invested. Once you've sunk resources into a project it becomes harder and harder to objectively realize when you are being milked and exploited. See sunk costs for details.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1047
  • Infamy: 1733
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 02, 2015, 02:58:51 pm »
On October 10th will be annual event they organize that is called CitizenCon. Depending how many stuff they announce and reveal there (not just fancy trailer but actual gameplay), we will know how far along project truly is and is there any merit in accusations tossed at them.

While it seems plausible, problem is in people who are spreading FUD. Namely, crazy people like Derek Smart. Not sure is he actually crazy, but he is one hell of Internet troll. Seems to me he actually wanted to run the whole show (dunno where he got the idea he's entitled to it) and when he was denied he went kinda mental on them. Of course, gaming sites which are dying at very fast rate, are picking anything with a little bit of controversy matter the source. Click bait articles or not, they have to survive because kids went to watch youtube gamers instead of reading what they have to say.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 02, 2015, 03:50:57 pm »
+1
There is no game. I find it really funny that some people "invested" thousands of dollars into virtual stuff that doesn't even exist virtually, the release of an actual, playable game still in limbo with no idea when or even if it will ever exist. It's like a con artist getting the mark deeply invested. Once you've sunk resources into a project it becomes harder and harder to objectively realize when you are being milked and exploited. See sunk costs for details.

Yeah, "there is no game", despite the fact social module just got released, FPS is really close to being released, they've demoed multicrew working, demoed huge maps, they've got a date for the release of AC 2.0 which will seamlessly integrate all of these things...

Like CR himself said:
Now that most of the base technology is in place we will be able to get with the Large World and MultiCrew milestone a game experience that will allow you to seamlessly go from foot, to boarding a fully realized spaceship with your friends, take off, fly thousands or millions of km in space, exit your ship in EVA and explore derelict space stations or wrecks, engage in FPS combat, return to your ship, engage in space combat and return to your home base to share the tales of your adventures with your other friends. All with no leading screens, all at AAA first person fidelity that you can’t even get on a next gen console. This is the core of the Squadron 42 and Star Citizen experience that we will continue to iterate on and add content to, but even the first release will be more “game” than most commercially released space games.

You can talk about con artists and sunk costs all you want, but the facts are against you, and people like you are just being cynical because you think it makes you cool, like you're oh-so-critical, because it seems like a mark of maturity and sophistication, like you've seen everything and know better. Or because putting something down feels like pushing yourself up.

But in the end it's nothing but mental masturbation.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:57:13 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #852 on: October 02, 2015, 04:34:36 pm »
If talking about my posts, all I said I was sceptical that everything is going according to plans.

I was talking about that Smart guy, no offense Vexus :) It´s understandable that a huge amount of money like that and the ongoing investments are making some people thoughtful, but it takes huge amounts of cash and time to build up a proper foundation, especially for a huge game like this. Just be patient and believe in them. If it lateron fails horribly, then it´s okay to rant about it. Because then it should be ranted about it  :lol:

And in the end, which big project EVER goes exactly according to plans?
I´ve read the development of "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" lately, holy crap, that was an Odysee. Like, in the beginning it was planned as a first-person game, only set inside of ganons castle...

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 05, 2015, 04:50:40 am »
lmao, a CitizenCon? should rename it Citizens Conned

watching ppl try to defend their own weak-minded gullibility over star conflict was hilarious at first, but is becoming increasingly pathetic and embarrassing.

are you even able to get your money back for these fake ships? or did you agree to some ALL "DONATIONS" ARE FINAL  clause when you bought the deed to some luxury space sedan that you'll be able to pilot with your internet buddies just any day now..

"No crowdfunding monies are used for any private purposes - these allegations are completely false and defamatory," Roberts stated. "This is pure innuendo for nefarious purposes and I guarantee that anyone making this claim will be unable to show any proof of it as it simply hasn't happened. Ever since Wing Commander came out I've been lucky enough to be financially independent, driven nice cars and lived in nice houses. That's due to money earned through royalties, the sale of Origin to Electronic Arts, Digital Anvil to Microsoft and prudent investing. So why are people making a deal about me having these things now? I also find the continued attack on Sandi fairly alarming. Why is she being singled out? Because she's my wife? A woman? Yes, she's also an actress and there's nothing wrong with her also engaging in one of her passions after hours or outside of work. We let employees play games of D&D in our conference room in the evenings or weekends."

lmao, his wife is spending all your money
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:02:00 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #854 on: October 05, 2015, 10:22:33 am »
+1
For once our cynicism intersects, Smoothmy old friend. Maybe I'll eat my words eventually when the incredibly ambitious 5 games rolled into one releases to resounding popular and critical success, but for now there's way too many red flags to take this seriously.