Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 133083 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1051
  • Infamy: 1149
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #990 on: October 18, 2015, 02:55:02 pm »
Right now euro seems to be best option, because it looks like they haven't updated conversion rates or something like that. But when I bought my package, best option was USD and there wasn't VAT on digital goods.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #991 on: October 18, 2015, 05:08:17 pm »
They left euro artificially low after the introduction of VAT.
For some reason, they haven't changed it.

Also they did briefly lock currency to your home region, as they don't convert to USD (intitially anyway); so built up disproportionate amounts of euros.
They might bring that back at some point.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 19, 2015, 11:31:41 pm »
That Santa Monica office will be downsizing soon I believe. Smart posted some "insider" info about them having issues with that office. Slowly but steadily game dev team is being relocated to currently best place on Earth for making video games, which is United Kingdom. Most big game studios have huge offices in UK (think it has something to do with lower tax for game industry jobs). Rest of the crew will be located in Frankfurt (since its basically part of old Crytek). Number of USA employees will become smaller in next few months.

As for feature creep, I honestly love it. Just wish they make it work in the end. Going deeper and deeper into mechanics is what I love about this project. If they succeed, I wish that in few years they make "expert" mechanic option for most actions available in game. For those who prefer simple, straightforward games to blow half an hour and "have fun", there are titles coming out from EA, Activision, Ubisoft... or in other words: want instant gratification online, play Battlefront and collect them power-ups.

youre an idiot
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2005
  • Infamy: 480
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 20, 2015, 02:08:42 am »
+1
There are different kinds of idiots. Like those who spent 30 bucks on Star Citizen, which would be me. There are those who pay money to be part of online group of losers, known as Goons. How are you enjoying Line of Defense? I've read on certain forum it ain't dat bad if you give at a shot (or ten... of vodka).

Next time you want to call somebody an idiot, do yourself a favor and do a push-up instead. Will help you shed that extra weight that has negative effect on your psyche, making you feel miserable among other things.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 20, 2015, 09:27:12 am »
+2
While I can only agree on the sentiment, not everybody has a mind so weak to be disturbed by such things, Leshma.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #995 on: October 22, 2015, 03:45:08 am »
5 more posts to 1k, do it for Chris Roberts  :D :D :D
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #996 on: October 24, 2015, 01:21:52 pm »
+2
1.3 has been released.
- Mainly technical stuff, result of merged major dev branches.
- Couple of new guns and mounts to support the larger one on Hornets and the Cutlass.
(S2 mass driver and S4 ballistic cannon)
- Balancing

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15025-Star-Citizen-Alpha-13-Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.0 update:
- They cracked the issue with breaking large ships into multiple pieces.
- Eva needs more work
- AI and ship systems has made progress
- FPS animations have been been improved. (ADS stop, start, reloads)
- FPS enviroments improved and being worked on (lighting & art)
- There will be background traffic to give the world a busy feel (Traders and UEE craft)
- Improved ship UI, new engineering screen.
- Some kind of 'screen focus functionality', allows you to look at screens around your station.

Blockers

-  Characters are missing interior sections of their helmets.
-   Ballistic weapons can cause a crash and we have various other stability issues to fix up.
-   The “Push and Pull” system seems to be conflicting with another control system because it’s currently catapulting the player in to deep spaaaaaaaaace!
-   Particles seem to stop rendering in some gravitational areas, but not all! Needs further investigation!

More indepth bullets on what's changed on RSI, I only summarised the blocks of text.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15024-Development-Update-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Star-Marine

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1305
  • Infamy: 1896
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 24, 2015, 02:33:33 pm »
Was worried about lightning, it looked awfully inconsistent so far. Now it is beautiful, based on this:

Star Citizen 2.0 Alpha should come to PTU soon, maybe even next week if we're lucky but I'll say it will take about a month to deliver to PTU and few weeks to fix bugs before they release it live.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:39:32 pm by Leshma »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 24, 2015, 09:15:28 pm »
The locations look so amazing, which is a huge deal. Just imagine exploring the space and coming to get some supplies or whatever from a place like that, no loading screens... then heading out again to kill some RETARDS.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #999 on: October 25, 2015, 10:05:28 pm »
Will I be able to throw myself out of the airlock? If not there is no point in playing

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1570
  • Infamy: 2620
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 26, 2015, 02:10:44 am »
+1

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1001 on: October 26, 2015, 12:25:58 pm »
https://archive.is/xisWD

lol'd

He can´t be that battleproof internet veteran he´s japping about, otherwise he would know that you can´t fight the internet  :mrgreen:
They´ll be even more pleased to hear that he won´t give up, like a pinata with infinite candy in it  :lol: :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2477
  • Infamy: 674
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 26, 2015, 01:49:11 pm »
He has Goons on his side :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mikademus/flamewar

Derek Smart has decades of experience doing this shit to stay relevant in gaming industry (because his games are such garbage, no one would ever remember him if not for his big mouth). But I think he's going too far this time. Unlike two decades ago, today there are cyber laws in USA against this kind of behavior. For example, he started uncovering personal information of some of the people who made fun of him on the Internet. Making fun of anyone isn't illegal but posting personal information of people who prefer to stay anonymous is. We'll see if they'll sue him or not.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #1003 on: October 27, 2015, 09:25:59 pm »
Im pretty exited for the upcoming Avenger variants ... It also sounded like they might keep the current skin for current Avenger owners for "nostalgia" purposes; thus, i'd have to decide if i gonna keep it or if i upgrade to a new variant.
Stays to find out how fast they can get them out with their shiny new ships modeling pipe line  :rolleyes:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1577
  • Infamy: 1092
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:38 pm »
They said old skins/models of ships will be part of the game, like old car models. Not sure when will that happen but it is in plans.

Star Citizen 2.0 PTU won't come out this week (surprise, surprise). They also released lore excerpt which mentions that Star Marine has been released, while in reality it hasn't yet. Story is play on id software, John Carmack and John Romero.