Author Topic: Team wounding..  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Re: Team wounding..
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 08:34:26 pm »
In Real life, Do you think  an archer would shoot at a guy if two people are fighting? cmon...

actually the "don't shoot into melee"-rule is flawed. I have decided a lot of melee fights by stunning the opponent with an arrow, so my teammate could finally end that fight and finish the guy off.
Sometimes it goes wrong, but if you wait until they move away from each other briefly, the risk is not that high. Problem are archers (and even worse throwers) machinegunning into totally unpredictable  clusterfucks without even aiming... seen that a lot recently...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 08:43:53 pm »
I would just like to say.. I think the system is effed... with the "Revenge Tking system." If I am shot in the back, from an allied archer, and no appology is given, I don't see the problem in me, Hitting them in the back, No appology.

I'll be the first one to say that I teamhit plenty, just like anybody. Sometimes it's a situation where I can't avoid it and nothing I could do would stop the teamhit, but probably most of the time I just fuck up. Either way, I try to always apologize, but sometimes things happen in-game and I can't stop to take the time, in which case, I try to remember to do it later. I'm sure that sometimes I just don't even notice it happen. It's unfortunate, but nobody's perfect.

I also get teamhit plenty, just like anybody. If it looks to me like a situation where it could easily have been avoided, but there's no apology, I usually ask for one just like you did. If I don't get it, then I might think the guy's a bit of a jerk, and if he mouths off at me then chances are I'll sass him right back, but that's about it.

Why should I have to take there shit, and if an admin doesn't do nothen about it, why can't I do somthing? Doesn't make sense.

We're not the all-seeing eye. I'd suggest you try doing a better job yourself, but if you can't understand something this basic about how rules work, it's probably for the best that you're never given admin rights.

The reason I bring this up, Is becuase I was fighting Nindurr_ATS in the 80 man Battle server, and it was 1v1, and I proceed to get shot, in the back, by my allied archer. I then get slashed in the face and killed. Thankyou archer. Here's what really pissed me off, I typed in team chat, so the BlackRose guy could hear it, "Can You appologize for shooting me in the back and getting me killed?" No reply. I was raging.

Well, you can guess that he was probably trying to help you. A lot of guys have trouble telling when it's safe, though, and especially archers and lancers are prone to taking unnecessary risks, because the way their weapons work makes it particularly easy to hit the teammate instead of the enemy. Sure, he should have apologized, but maybe he didn't notice he'd hit you. Maybe he didn't think to apologize and didn't see you talking. Maybe he was a bit of a dick and thought it was your fault for getting in the way. Whatever the case, if you rage, then you're the one making a mistake. Controlling your own temper is your responsibility.

So I typed in all chat, I'm going to Hit every archer in the back that hits me, no appology. I don't see the problem in that, I can "accidently" hit you too. That is all....

Second mistake. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you ever make good on a threat like that, don't expect mercy from any admin who sees you.

It's warband nindurr... Not life and death. If I get revenge... so be it.

You start out fine, but arrive at the wrong conclusion. You're damn right it's not life or death, which is why you need to chill the fuck out and deal with the occasional teamhit, because it's not like they're going to stop happening. If you can't abide by the rules yourself, expect to be banned sooner or later.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:57:42 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (GyB) Got your Back
  • Game nicks: Pharaoh_GyB
  • IRC nick: Birds
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »
An eye for an eye. I dont get revenge... just even. I never killed the guy or team hit him.. for that fact... and.. i was tked earlier in the round because a guy i thought was enemy was beihind me.. oi was typing sorry and he started throwing at me an dkilled me.. yes.. i was mad... smae thing happened to him... but no warning...

I do control my anger i think... just bottles up after awhile...

After awhile,,, i just made a post about it.. and how i feel about it.. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:36:02 pm by okiN »
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 09:13:03 pm »
An eye for an eye.

What was that thing about the thing making the whole world blind, again...?

I dont get revenge... just even.

Cute. :P

I never killed the guy or team hit him.. for that fact... and.. i was tked earlier in the round because a guy i thought was enemy was beihind me.. oi was typing sorry and he started throwing at me an dkilled me.. yes.. i was mad... smae thing happened to him... but no warning...

It's good that you didn't. As for the guy TKing you and getting away with it -- there's only so many of us, and we can't be everywhere. If it happens again and you want him to get what's coming to him, keep a cool head and take screenshots that clearly show what's happening, then post them with a ban request. If you start making your own rules and TK him back and an admin happens to see it, then you'll be the one getting banned, and the other guy will still get off scot-free.
Don't.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 09:21:52 pm »
Nindurr was there and did nothing about it.. just.. .said ill be watching* lol.. I know.. im sorry for ... geting up set about people getting away with teamwounding and not appologizing about it... that's my only problem.. i asked for an appology... and still nothin.. i mean.. why can people talk shit.. but once they get hit its the person who took action on it... looks like a dick.

actually the "don't shoot into melee"-rule is flawed. I have decided a lot of melee fights by stunning the opponent with an arrow, so my teammate could finally end that fight and finish the guy off.
Sometimes it goes wrong, but if you wait until they move away from each other briefly, the risk is not that high. Problem are archers (and even worse throwers) machinegunning into totally unpredictable  clusterfucks without even aiming... seen that a lot recently...

I have too.. i play on bluebunny.. but i was clearly infront of the guy and he still shot at me.. i dont understand.. how he can just.. do what he wants becuase he's an archer.. if i was an archer and i shot into melee and hit my own team... (which i have before on BLueBunny but still appologized for) Then i would expect the guy to do somthing... idk.

I guess.. i don't usually rage at people when they appologize.. I usually say hey np it happens.. but .. when archers or someone just is that ignorant... it gets under my skin.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:36:47 pm by okiN »
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 09:28:30 pm »
You know, if you think of extra things to say and you're the only one talking, it's a lot less messy to edit them into your last post than to keep adding new ones. :P
Don't.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 09:29:57 pm »
oh.. lol  :lol: Idk how to edit. lol new to the forums things.. i can't quote people right yet either... lol

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 09:32:56 pm »
It's the "modify" button on each of your own posts. If you click it, you can add in new stuff, or change/delete the old. Quoting is pretty easy, just hit the button on the post you want to quote. If you don't want to get the whole thing, then remove the parts you don't want which fall between these dealies:

Code: [Select]
[quote]  [/quote]

First one marks the start of the quote, second one the end. You can write your own post around or after the quote, and if you want to quote the same post in multiple parts, copy/paste those bits to split it up.

Went ahead and edited those posts together for you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:41:07 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 09:42:47 pm »
If it happens again and you want him to get what's coming to him, keep a cool head and take screenshots that clearly show what's happening, then post them with a ban request.

err - and how exactly would one do that? Usually the griefer hits/throws/stabs from behind and runs. Nothing to see, you are lucky if you manage to read the nametag yourself as he runs off. Nothing in the log either, unless he actually kills you instead of taking 2/3 of your life or killing your horse.

Only thing you can do is report it in public chat that asshat XY is teamwounding as usual, and in a few lucky cases there is an admin on who cares about this kind of shit. Usually there is not.
We had sessions where a whole team agreed to tk a certain player on sight, because the nut would not stop teamwounding, admin was off, and so were votes....

Sometimes it is rather funny, but recently it sucks, esp. on NA.

The only solution would be admins actually taking teamwounding reports (not just TKs) seriously and then watching those players so they witness themselves what is going on. And then take action - unless those kids know they really risk a permaban, they won't stop.

but i was clearly infront of the guy and he still shot at me.. i dont understand.. how he can just.. do what he wants becuase he's an archer..

don't know what exactly happened in your case, but SOMEtimes it is not intentional - a lot of people do not realize that most archers are in 1st person view when shooting and focusing on their target. So NEVER walk or stand in front of an archer that has his bow drawn and is aiming... he CAN't react in time, and you will be hit. Happens a lot, and in those cases I am not too sorry as well - guys standing in front of me while I shoot ask for it (e.g. xbows or other archers who do not respect that this shooting position is already taken and have to push you away... or players who have not yet discovered the a and d keys and are too lazy to run behind me instead of in front ). Walk behind him, or if the ass stands with his butt pressed against the wall give him a friendly nudge or whistle...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 09:44:34 pm »
If I've tk'd someone I make sure to say sorry at some point that round, depending on what's going on around me.  If I team wound someone stupidly and obviously, I'll try to do the same, especially if my arrow stun contributed to their death.  Sometimes though if I hit a friendly in a big fight or something and no one died, I probably won't say anything unless it was REALLY dumb of me.  There's often too much going on in those situations to take the time to apologize especially when it didn't effect the fight. 

I shoot into melee all the time, and would say I have a 66-80% chance of hitting the person I'm trying to hit.  Yes, I do hit my teammate occasionally and I usually just say screw it at that point and bring out a melee weapon, but getting a successful hit in can really throw the enemy player's block off and can be the key to killing them. I'm not going to stop doing it, but I am going to continue to practice shooting as carefully as I can.

There are archers who seem to shoot into melee with impunity, and that's a problem.  But if you're careful shooting into melee is a gamble worth taking.  From time to time you're going to screw your teammate, but you're going to end up helping much more often. 

Oh and yeah I don't feel too bad when I'm obviously drawing an arrow about to shoot and someone runs RIGHT in front of me as I let it fly.  I'll still apologize but... it won't be heartfelt :P
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 09:51:10 pm »
No offense Mamba, but I have never heard of you, and thus will gleefully shoot near you if I deem it appropriate. being able to chase someone with determination is not worthy of note, as it is hardly unique and often is a deliberate tactic for a "rabbit" to lead off and distract a melee or three into following him.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 09:54:14 pm »
The only solution would be admins actually taking teamwounding reports (not just TKs) seriously and then watching those players so they witness themselves what is going on. And then take action - unless those kids know they really risk a permaban, they won't stop.

Quite a few admins do this. The problem is that to watch a player he either needs to be near the admin or the admin needs to be dead so he can spectate the offender. Admins are players too. I don't mind sitting out a round or 2 to keep an extra close eye on someone, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be spending all my game time in spectator mode. Generally speaking if someone reports somebody else, I'll warn that person, keep an eye out for him and punish him more severly if I catch him breaking the rules.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 10:06:23 pm »
err - and how exactly would one do that? Usually the griefer hits/throws/stabs from behind and runs. Nothing to see, you are lucky if you manage to read the nametag yourself as he runs off. Nothing in the log either, unless he actually kills you instead of taking 2/3 of your life or killing your horse.

Only thing you can do is report it in public chat that asshat XY is teamwounding as usual, and in a few lucky cases there is an admin on who cares about this kind of shit. Usually there is not.
We had sessions where a whole team agreed to tk a certain player on sight, because the nut would not stop teamwounding, admin was off, and so were votes....

If it's an ongoing problem but there's nobody who can fix it on the server, you should try to fetch and admin from IRC. If that doesn't work, then like I said, screenshots are an option. For a single driveby teamhit or teamkill, though, there's obviously not a whole hell of a lot anyone can do about it, unless there just happens to be and admin right there who clearly sees the whole thing. It's too bad, but no system is perfect. Revenge attacks are still not allowed.

We can't act on hearsay, and team wounding whether it's clearly accidental, intentional or just seemingly intentional to the victim, happens all the time. If a name keeps coming up then obviously we'll do our best to keep an eye out for them, but this isn't the Big Brother world of 1984. We can only watch so many people. If someone keeps team wounding again and again, though, it'll get more and more likely that an admin will catch him at it.

Also, I missed this bit:

i was clearly infront of the guy and he still shot at me.. i dont understand.. how he can just.. do what he wants becuase he's an archer..

He can't, but the point is, it sounds like it was probably an accident. Most likely he thought he had a clear shot, but then you happened to move in the way, or he aimed it a little wrong, and he screwed up. But there's no way of being sure that he meant to hit you, which would make it a rule violation. If it keeps coming up as an issue with one archer playing in a stupidly reckless way, chances are we'll warn them, and punish them if they keep doing it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:09:23 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 11:00:20 pm »

We can't act on hearsay, and team wounding whether it's clearly accidental, intentional or just seemingly intentional to the victim, happens all the time. If a name keeps coming up then obviously we'll do our best to keep an eye out for them, but this isn't the Big Brother world of 1984. We can only watch so many people.

Sure - btw I am not  bitching at admins, I know that job is tough and usually unpaid and you can not sit in spec all day.

The problem won't be solvable anyways, I just wanted to mention it in this thread -  because there are some names that have been "hearsaid" over and over for weeks and not just by me and are still there... esp. the anti-archer-mobbing (cav almost the same) on NA is a bit absurd recently, and I am not talking about single incidents, but regular and clearly intentional teamwounding, esp. from some thrower-chars and from some archer-hater-makes-archer-char-to-give-archer-bad-name bs chars.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:27:26 pm by Hirlok »

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 08:59:59 am »
That "hit every archer" thing is a real dick move. Punchbacks are meh - sure, if someone runs up and starts kicking me, I'm gonna kick him back - but if you're gonna retaliate, make sure you know who you're going for. Getting wounded by some random archer while fighting? Who knows who that was.