Author Topic: Team wounding..  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (GyB) Got your Back
  • Game nicks: Pharaoh_GyB
  • IRC nick: Birds
Team wounding..
« on: April 16, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »
I would just like to say.. I think the system is effed... with the "Revenge Tking system." If I am shot in the back, from an allied archer, and no appology is given, I don't see the problem in me, Hitting them in the back, No appology. Why should I have to take there shit, and if an admin doesn't do nothen about it, why can't I do somthing? Doesn't make sense. The reason I bring this up, Is becuase I was fighting Nindurr_ATS in the 80 man Battle server, and it was 1v1, and I proceed to get shot, in the back, by my allied archer. I then get slashed in the face and killed. Thankyou archer. Here's what really pissed me off, I typed in team chat, so the BlackRose guy could hear it, "Can You appologize for shooting me in the back and getting me killed?" No reply. I was raging. So I typed in all chat, I'm going to Hit every archer in the back that hits me, no appology. I don't see the problem in that, I can "accidently" hit you too. That is all....

Pharaoh.
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: Team wounding..
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 04:58:28 pm »
Making this thread won't help your situation. But I also dislike when someone doesn't apologise for teamwounding or killing. Especially when it was obvious.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 04:59:34 pm »
I know it won't.. but it makes me feel better about the morons out there ... andlol atleast now i know people will see..
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 05:00:35 pm »
Players are not required to apologize, it is considered good conduct to do so, and if you dont apologize chances are, you either didn't realize you did it, or you dont care. If someone teamwounds you or teamkills you intentionally, you report it in public chat and an admin will deal with it. You have no god given right to get revenge on the player in question. If you can't deal with the fact that accidently team fire happens sometime, you need to stop playing video games.

I don't understand the point of this topic, the rules are clear, someone should just close this.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:01:30 pm »
Well.. I'm going to accidently hit them aswell.

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »
It's warband nindurr... Not life and death. If I get revenge... so be it.

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 05:15:27 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Nice gf btw

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 05:17:03 pm »
Well.. I'm going to accidently hit them aswell.

Remind me to screen shot you regularly and remember this charming comment.

You once took out my horse on an alt and never apologized, yet I never raged... Despite that blasted horse being the vast majority of my build...

In the famous words of Aldryk: Deal With It
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »
It's warband nindurr... Not life and death. If I get revenge... so be it.

it sux to be shot/hit by team mates but it happens accidentally all the time

if it makes you rage then i have to advocate taking a little break (a few minutes?) cos i used to be exactly like you but just taking a minute to chill lets my mind re-assess the situation and realise that it's not worth a revenge tk/td  and its not worth me getting banned/kicked just to feel a little better

if, however it is some griefer doing it to you then call him out, im sure there's plenty of NA admins who will deal with it

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »
Lol... destin I took you your horse becuase you were not on it.. and it ran me over.

I would be less... upest.. if people just appologizes... thats all..
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:40:13 pm by okiN »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 06:24:38 pm »
accidental teamhitting happens - I have been hit countless time by melee, throwers, and archers/xbows, and myself I take risky shots as well and when I swing my 1 WPF Claymore in melee, it is better for teammates not to be around, lol ;-)

None of this is intentional.

What pisses me off more are the intentional teamhitters and griefers - their first action in a round is to turn around and shoot a teammate in the back or slash away at your horse (before it moved or bumped anyone... ) or throw some shit into someones back (preferably archer's back, the haters must hate... ).

There are several chars that do this constantly and intentionally, are careful only to hurt, not to kill, so they  maintain a reasonable k/d ratio, and nobody cares... must be a privilege of certain circles. In those cases I have started to ignore the "no revenge tk"-rule as well: if some tard attacks me more than once and obviously not by chance, I defend myself.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Rhuell

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: Most names that start with Rh, and a couple of others.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 06:43:35 pm »
woot

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 07:28:30 pm »
 I have started to ignore the "no revenge tk"-rule as well: if some tard attacks me more than once and obviously not by chance, I defend myself.
[/quote]

Agreed... (: lol.. I don't usually rage.. well... lol but anyways i don't ever team hit in spawn i dont ever team hit intentionally, It's only when poeple are greedy and try and "help" me but end up killing me. In Real life, Do you think  an archer would shoot at a guy if two people are fighting? cmon...

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 08:12:08 pm »
Archers are really confident about their skills of actually hitting their target. Which obviously is wrong, because they cant predict the movement in an ongoing fight.
Usually archer suck at melee, they chose to be archers because they have bad response times. There is some very noticeable exceptions, who are capable of taking anybody in melee too.

Many people get killed by the secondary effect of a friendly archer shooting at your opponent, that happened to everyone.

I agree that we need some kind of punishment for teamkillers be it accidental or on purpose, rather waiting for an admin.
Not sure if the goldloss is still in place when you tk someone, but how about RESETTING the multiplier for the one who tks. Even install a 0.5 and 0 multiplier (0 for when they tk twice in a certain amount of time)

One problem with that would be the inventory screen at the end of each round, because theres a lot of unintentional teamkilling going on.

If you like my idea, feel free to bring it to the suggestion forum. I myself rarely get tked by archers when in fight with another melee, because those fights are rather short. And most of the archers dont want to piss me off anyways, I can be very persistant following a target through enemy territory :)

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 08:19:11 pm »
Yea, it happens...a lot. Not just archers but throwers as well. Just last night I was fighting a peasant of all people and I got shot 3 times in the back plus a thrower put a dart in my leg. Peasant one-shotted me. Did I rage? Nope. Just kept on trucking.