Author Topic: 豚 聖戦 [Buta Seisen]  (Read 18655 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: 豚 聖戦 [Buta Seisen]
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:38 pm »
Even if FCC isn't actually neutral, others may be.

This behavior corresponds to both allied and completely neutral behavior.

First of all, you can't interpret "portion of the roster" at all. That will vary with faction size, and the mercenaries have no control over that. All your number means is that TKoV players are highly valued fighters.

Secondly, you don't actually know if they signed up for only one side or not. Sometimes they sign up for both, but the one who cares more, or spends more of their time at work browsing the cRPG website, will get more people who sign up for both sides.

You must be new here son, but when you have a faction sign up en masse against you, it is ALWAYS with hostile intent. If a single clan signs up en masse then they are throwing a significant investment into seeing you win(or lose) that battle and most people take that in bad light. Small numbers, yes that's not a big thing, but significant numbers matters.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline A_potted_plant

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

A lot of the time, I at least listen to Kesh because he's the usually the only one who's paying attention to anything in strat.  Naturally, that will favor people who Kesh favors because a lot of us really don't care who we're fighting.  I mean, a lot of the clan has their own biases (Frodo easily comes to mind.  I'm pretty sure he hates everyone), I for example will rarely ever sign against LLJK, but I find a lot of the time, aside from recommendations on who to fight for (Since a lot of us still like TKoV, for example, many will likely not sign against them), a lot of us simply sign for both sides to get accepted.  Malicious is an easy example of this, as he routinely fought against us in strat.  Blondekhan as well, because he's usually too late to be accepted because he doesn't know when battles are happening until he notices TS is mostly empty.  Redarrows will fight anything...

I mean, we're all people here.  Of course we're going to have our preferences.  And yes, we're not at all that neutral, but I don't think anyone here will willingly sign for somebody with the intent to sabotage them (well, I wouldn't put it past Kesh.)

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2012, 12:02:45 am »
I was addressing the same people as were misconstruing the actions, and referring to your quote. It's apparent that the Josho Shogunate categorically defines that behavior as threatening, as you suggested, and I merely added the alternate viewpoint (which happens to be my own), which has not yet been represented.

Which behavior? This?
(click to show/hide)

Or this?
(click to show/hide)

Or just specific clans signing up exclusively against our faction? Yeah all of this stuff is kinda threatening. Two members of the FCC have declared war, they have exclusively merced against us, etc, etc. I just simply asked if the FCC was allied with LLJK, because it seemed they were more upset about the war than even LLJK was. It was just a question, not a statement. Then it turned to all of this  :rolleyes:.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2012, 12:13:47 am »
+2
As much as I like this, I actively went to your TS to get mercs for a battle as a go between for another faction and Kesh told me straight up: Sorry we aren't going to put people against this faction A cause we are friends. Guess what, 6 FCC signed for the Faction A side while 1 signed up for the Faction B side but did not show up.

Based on this experience, your "merc policy" is not as "Free" as you would wish. You STILL put Diplomacy behind who you merc for over fun.

Now as for mercing in general. If you have a large portion of your clan fight for 1 side or another(by large i'll use TKOV for the example. 80 members, if 10 sign up against someone, that is a large chunk of their member base and should be constituted as a hostile action), I see no reason WHY you shouldn't consider that a hostile intent.(since roster sizes cap out at 55 i think, 1/5 of a roster being of a single clan is hostile intent)

interesting. well feel free to try again and if kesh whines, just call him a jerkface and point him at the FCC merc policy thread.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2012, 12:14:54 am »
A lot of the time, I at least listen to Kesh because he's the usually the only one who's paying attention to anything in strat.  Naturally, that will favor people who Kesh favors because a lot of us really don't care who we're fighting.  I mean, a lot of the clan has their own biases (Frodo easily comes to mind.  I'm pretty sure he hates everyone), I for example will rarely ever sign against LLJK, but I find a lot of the time, aside from recommendations on who to fight for (Since a lot of us still like TKoV, for example, many will likely not sign against them), a lot of us simply sign for both sides to get accepted.  Malicious is an easy example of this, as he routinely fought against us in strat.  Blondekhan as well, because he's usually too late to be accepted because he doesn't know when battles are happening until he notices TS is mostly empty.  Redarrows will fight anything...

I mean, we're all people here.  Of course we're going to have our preferences.  And yes, we're not at all that neutral, but I don't think anyone here will willingly sign for somebody with the intent to sabotage them (well, I wouldn't put it past Kesh.)

Well, I guess that means that as a clan you guys wouldn't put stuff beyond the ability of kesh to do :lol: Anyways, I'm veering off topic now and I believe the FCC recruitment policy is generally good, but yes, you guys will sign up for TKOV, CHAOS, ETC more readily than lets say....HOSP. I myself have a policy of Apply both sides and fight for gold.(no one ever pays. People need to pay more or i'll call down the nukes with my ghosts!)

Currently, the only faction that I'd merc for above all else would be NORDS as they are the ONLY ones to actually pay me for my services. Regardless of who they fight, They got MY sword for that. Will fight any day for the Goat Lord too now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:20:12 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2012, 01:11:57 am »
+2
You must be new here son, but when you have a faction sign up en masse against you, it is ALWAYS with hostile intent. If a single clan signs up en masse then they are throwing a significant investment into seeing you win(or lose) that battle and most people take that in bad light. Small numbers, yes that's not a big thing, but significant numbers matters.

I am new here, but I'm not your son, and neither of those trivia are relevant. SWF has signed up for both sides "en masse", but it just so happened that we were all taken by a single side because that side was more vigilant on the roster page (or less aware of how bad we are) than the other side.

I'm saying that unless you can prove someone's application was tilted by selecting only one side, your argument doesn't really hold water. This isn't specific to this community; this is a logical analysis of the tools on the website. You don't have all of the data necessary to support your claims until the roster indicates whether or not each mercenary applied for both sides. Maybe that would be a good feature, or maybe not; either way, that's not the current situation.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:53 am »
Auphelia, I applied to your battle, but I had to cancel my application.  I've been banned for a day, so I do apologize.  Good luck.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2012, 03:46:28 am »
+1
As much as I like this, I actively went to your TS to get mercs for a battle as a go between for another faction and Kesh told me straight up: Sorry we aren't going to put people against this faction A cause we are friends. Guess what, 6 FCC signed for the Faction A side while 1 signed up for the Faction B side but did not show up.

Based on this experience, your "merc policy" is not as "Free" as you would wish. You STILL put Diplomacy behind who you merc for over fun.

I mean, a lot of the clan has their own biases (Frodo easily comes to mind.  I'm pretty sure he hates everyone), I for example will rarely ever sign against LLJK, but I find a lot of the time, aside from recommendations on who to fight for (Since a lot of us still like TKoV, for example, many will likely not sign against them), a lot of us simply sign for both sides to get accepted. 

You asked us to sign up for a fight.  I assumed it was for tkov (you were not part of either side's clan) and asked if anyone wanted to fight in the tkov battle.  Realizing my misinterpretation of what you asked you corrected me on which side.  I told you we don't really merc against TKOV we have fought alongside them so much.  I apologized, you said it was fine, you were not even in the clan on the other side, just thought you would ask.  I said sorry againm about the confusion and you left.  Like Potted plant mentioned - a lot of us really like TKov and you picked the one clan you don't want to ask FCC members to sign up against because we have way too many close friends in TKOV and at best we will sit out.

Not really anything diplomacy related like you are saying just a matter of being well-liked by our clan members.  Like we have mentioned before - what works for individual FCC members is be nice to FCC members and become friends or at least ask politely and they will sign up for you or just outright buy their services with average pay (25-100 gold seems pretty reasonable to me, more/less based on performance)

P.S. I thought it interesting you intentionally omitted that it was tkov.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2012, 04:33:52 am »
You asked us to sign up for a fight.  I assumed it was for tkov (you were not part of either side's clan) and asked if anyone wanted to fight in the tkov battle.  Realizing my misinterpretation of what you asked you corrected me on which side.  I told you we don't really merc against TKOV we have fought alongside them so much.  I apologized, you said it was fine, you were not even in the clan on the other side, just thought you would ask.  I said sorry againm about the confusion and you left.  Like Potted plant mentioned - a lot of us really like TKov and you picked the one clan you don't want to ask FCC members to sign up against because we have way too many close friends in TKOV and at best we will sit out.

Not really anything diplomacy related like you are saying just a matter of being well-liked by our clan members.  Like we have mentioned before - what works for individual FCC members is be nice to FCC members and become friends or at least ask politely and they will sign up for you or just outright buy their services with average pay (25-100 gold seems pretty reasonable to me, more/less based on performance)

P.S. I thought it interesting you intentionally omitted that it was tkov.

Well you are correct in everything said. As said, I was go between, and that was the reaction i got. But considering strat iterations, etc, you signing up for tkov is not surprising in the least. I wanted to avoid naming factions and the battle, hence why i left it ambiguous so that people didn't start pointing fingers at 1 faction etc.(cause anyone reading that could have assumed several different factions.)

Still will come in and ask you guys for mercs. Though I wish people would pay me the gold I request for strat battles. I mean 1g isn't hard to do, not like you can't make that in 1 hour....

Offline MAID_AMELIA_BEDILIA

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Servant to the almighty GODKING of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2012, 04:45:17 am »
+5
I always ask for exactly 65,535 gold.  Someday someone is going to pay it  :cry:

As for you, samurais!  Good fights!  Your two-handed hero-armed heroes are a blast to fight!  I'd sign up for you if only your enemies were not one of BIRD CLAN's most loyal vassals!
What if the internet was actually full of really nice people, and the nicest thing they could do was not comment?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2012, 05:30:08 am »
Well you are correct in everything said. As said, I was go between, and that was the reaction i got. But considering strat iterations, etc, you signing up for tkov is not surprising in the least. I wanted to avoid naming factions and the battle, hence why i left it ambiguous so that people didn't start pointing fingers at 1 faction etc.(cause anyone reading that could have assumed several different factions.)

Still will come in and ask you guys for mercs. Though I wish people would pay me the gold I request for strat battles. I mean 1g isn't hard to do, not like you can't make that in 1 hour....

Looked up and found the fight you did for me.  Paid you 50 gold.  Thanks for reminding me.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2012, 05:40:18 am »
+5
VELUCAN EMPIRE YOU ASS FACES

and we dont give a shit who merc against us

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2012, 06:29:59 am »
I always ask for exactly 65,535 gold.  Someday someone is going to pay it  :cry:

As for you, samurais!  Good fights!  Your two-handed hero-armed heroes are a blast to fight!  I'd sign up for you if only your enemies were not one of BIRD CLAN's most loyal vassals!

So LLJK is your most loyal vassals?  :?

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:09 am »
+1

orly? Nice to know that someone's being honest.