Author Topic: Zero Slot Weapons  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
Zero Slot Weapons
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:28:13 am »
+2
I suggest that some zero slot weapons be added that are actually somewhat useful for killing people.  When I play c-rpg I often hear people bitch about kiting archers.  However, as an archer with a warbow and 2 stacks of arrows, the only option is to fight with a steak knife, a broken tree branch, a hand rake or a carpentry hammer.   These crappy weapons combined with the fact that most archers will not have wpf in a melee weapon or points in powerstrike, mean the only option is kiting. 

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
Re: Zero Slot Weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:32:42 am »
So archers should be able to kill anyone at all ranges?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 12:33:21 am »
+1
Have you met this little bastard yet?

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 12:35:33 am »
Look at my 1.5 slot weapon suggestion it needs some traffic and fixes your "problem" without being unfair or unbalanced.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 01:20:36 am »
Look at my 1.5 slot weapon suggestion it needs some traffic and fixes your "problem" without being unfair or unbalanced.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:32:18 am »
Have you met this little bastard yet?

(click to show/hide)

HAVE YOU MET MY MASTERWORK LITTLE BASTARD? NO
WELL THEN

I'll have to introduce you when you meet :D
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 05:44:30 am »
+2
Unless you plan on surviving an entire round with about 40-60 enemies you don't need many arrows. There are some decent 0 slot weapons. Also archers who go for a pure archer build shouldn't be effective in melee in the first place. My build is with a horn bow a quiver of bodkins and a longsword. That suits me just fine shooting 15 arrows and picking up whatever I can find.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »
^read before you post mr. Chan.

I suggest .5 slot for short swords and for the old rus bow model to be made into a new 1.5 slot bow. I also suggest 1.5 slots for shorter spears, bastard swords and the light lance.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:58:23 pm »
+7
Even if archers get better 0 slot weapons, they won't stop kiting. There also needs to be a mechanic that prevents kiting.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »
I suggest that some zero slot weapons be added that are actually somewhat useful for killing people.  When I play c-rpg I often hear people bitch about kiting archers.  However, as an archer with a warbow and 2 stacks of arrows, the only option is to fight with a steak knife, a broken tree branch, a hand rake or a carpentry hammer.   These crappy weapons combined with the fact that most archers will not have wpf in a melee weapon or points in powerstrike, mean the only option is kiting.
Nobody forces you to have a retarded archer build, a hybrid is actually viable. Better 0 slot weapons won't change anything, kiters gonna kite, 1 arrow will still hurt 5 times more than a melee hit with 0 PS and 0 wpf. I think you got the order of that wrong anyway. They have the option of kiting, therefore they do not get WPF or PS.

I'll just leave this here, http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/how-to-make-archery-more-fun-for-everyone/75/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:48:05 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »
+4
And I suggest that the hunting xbow becomes 0 slots so the poor melee guys have something to shoot after kiting archers.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 04:15:11 pm »
+2
If it's 10v10 and one archer is kiting 8 people, there's nothing wrong with that.  Those 8 people could go and attack the other 9 people on the enemy team.  The only time a kiting archer would EVER be a problem, is when they're the last one alive.  Otherwise suck it up buttercup, you're doing something wrong if there's more than a few enemies left and you're chasing someone who's faster than you.

Archers should have to make that difficult decision of deciding to go pure archer, or be a hybrid...just like every other class.  a pure 2h can be very useful in melee/duel's, but a 2h/thrower hybrid is going to be more versatile in more situations, but his 2h isn't going to hit as hard or as fast as if he went pure 2h.  That's the beauty of c-rpg, you get to make those tough pro/con decisions.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:34:50 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 04:18:46 pm »
+1
If it's 10v10 and one archer is kiting 8 people, there's nothing wrong with that.  Those 8 people could go and attack the other 9 people on the enemy team.  The only time a kiting archer would EVER be a problem, is when they're the last one alive.  Otherwise suck it up buttercup, you're doing something wrong if there's more than a few enemies left and you're chasing someone who's faster than you.

So you are suggesting that no one should attack them all round because they can't catch them, but they are only a problem when they are the last one alive?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »
So you are suggesting that no one should attack them all round because they can't catch them, but they are only a problem when they are the last one alive?

no I attack archers all the time, but it depends on the situation.  If one starts running around the map and you're following them, you're probably not being very useful to your team.   An archer's strength is hitting people from a distance.  Even as a melee infantry (when I'm dehorsed) if I encounter 10 enemies by myself, I'm usually going to run and try to find some teammates to help me fight the horde.  Live to fight another day when the conditions are more in your favor.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »
Well, time to get athletics 8 i guess...