Author Topic: Zero Slot Weapons  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Zero Slot Weapons
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:42 pm »
So you are suggesting that no one should attack them all round because they can't catch them, but they are only a problem when they are the last one alive?

Show me this happening. Like ever.

You know it is actually possible for me to stumble across a method for time travel too? I mean, I haven't actually done it yet, but we should certainly entertain that possibility in our daily lives and decisions, you know?

"No, I'm not leaving for work yet. There is a chance I'll discover time travel and get there before I left in the first place. I'll just sit right here and wait, thanks."

Doesn't make sense? Neither does "Nerf archers because it is literally impossible to catch them by any means."
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:30 pm »
no I attack archers all the time, but it depends on the situation.  If one starts running around the map and you're following them, you're probably not being very useful to your team.   An archer's strength is hitting people from a distance.  Even as a melee infantry (when I'm dehorsed) if I encounter 10 enemies by myself, I'm usually going to run and try to find some teammates to help me fight the horde.  Live to fight another day when the conditions are more in your favor.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 10:24:36 pm »

You know it is actually possible for me to stumble across a method for time travel too? I mean, I haven't actually done it yet, but we should certainly entertain that possibility in our daily lives and decisions, you know?

"No, I'm not leaving for work yet. There is a chance I'll discover time travel and get there before I left in the first place. I'll just sit right here and wait, thanks."

Doesn't make sense? Neither does "Nerf archers because it is literally impossible to catch them by any means."

Except he said nothing about nerfing archers.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »

You want me to show you an example of an archer kiting? Yeah clearly I am crazy.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:59 pm »
You want me to show you an example of an archer kiting? Yeah clearly I am crazy.

An entire Battle server and NOBODY could catch the archer on foot.

Yeah! You're crazy!

Except he said nothing about nerfing archers.

That is his intention, whether you like to acknowledge it or not. He certainly isn't going Gaga over this 0 slot suggestion. He is complaining, pure and simple.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:33:16 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »
+1
I suggest that some zero slot weapons be added that are actually somewhat useful for killing people.  When I play c-rpg I often hear people bitch about kiting archers.  However, as an archer with a warbow and 2 stacks of arrows, the only option is to fight with a steak knife, a broken tree branch, a hand rake or a carpentry hammer.   These crappy weapons combined with the fact that most archers will not have wpf in a melee weapon or points in powerstrike, mean the only option is kiting.
Protip:
Take 1 quiver and any kind of 1 slot melee weapon as you like instead of taking 2 quivers and a useless steak knife ;)

If you QQ like this , i'll QQ that i cannot throw my long maul and long spear or my shield etc...

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »
An entire Battle server and NOBODY could catch the archer on foot.

Yeah! You're crazy!

First of all, have you ever seen aderyn play? Second of all, I was responding to huesby's post in which he said that kiting archers were only a problem if they were the last alive and don't chase them if they aren't the last alive.

Maybe if your archer build had more then 3 athletics you would be able to outrun most of the melee players in the server. Instead you are too busy roleplaying an old man, down to being slow and having poor motor skills.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 11:09:40 pm »
While I do like the 1.5 slot suggestion, I think neither this one, nor the 1.5 slot suggestion nor Teeth's suggestion will help. Unless melee is the more effective way to fight for an archer than ranged, archers will always decide to run and to increase the distance to enemy infantry.

I am sure you know what will come now:

Change the game mode of battle from killing the enemy team (= you need to kill the archers, too) to conquering and holding flags (= you just need to protect yourself from archers). Kiting won't be a problem any more because infantry won't have to run for archers and archers won't have to react with kiting.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 11:16:27 pm »

Thanks, I thought it was all obvious too.  Don't like posting the obvious, but if people insist, I will continue to.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 12:23:33 am »
+2
Just to be clear here we are talking about nerfing cav right?

Also I used to own him as cav
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 03:05:12 pm »
+1
I want 0 slot throwing swarm of termites  to destroy arrows in guiver :shock:

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 05:37:35 am »
Zero slot weapons are actually really cool. I've killed 2H and polearm users 1v1 with my +3 knife. It's not even the "best" zero slot weapon. You can also fit 5 or 6 PS into an archer build without totally gimping your archery. The hand axe, khyber knife, and hammer are criminally good for their price point.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far