Author Topic: NA Diplomacy Announcement from the Knights Hospitaller  (Read 12310 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
NA Diplomacy Announcement from the Knights Hospitaller
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:16:37 pm »
+1
I hereby deliver this message on behalf of the Knights Hospitaller

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

God Wills It!
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: NA Diplomacy Announcement from the Knights Hospitaller
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »
+22
Sigh.. Building the big alliances before anything has even happened in strat 4yet
Leader of BS

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:20:28 pm »
+15
And thus the retarded mega alliances begin :/

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 05:23:06 pm »
+4
At least NA getting the same shit as EU  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »
+3
I guess this would make sense, since you already decided that BRDFCC and TkoV were your enemies.

May your union ever bring you joy.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »
For the record, and not that I should need to explain anything to anyone, but this was a long negotiation that was reached in agreement mainly for respecting land claims (i.e. we'd be giving up any claims in the Tundra).  Shouldn't have to spell it out any clearer than that.

Also for the record, Hospitallers are not at war with anyone.  We haven't been attacking FCC/BRD (they attacked our fief and faction members) and we're not at war with TKoV.  We have attacked people that have loitered too long in our lands, but that was after multiple days of warning to leave.  TKoV even said they couldn't get a hold of their member we attacked in our lands.

If you do not have any trade negotiations with the Knights Hospitaller and are loitering around and not doing business and then leaving, you may be attacked, but we would most likely attempt to contact the person lingering. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Mayzer

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Trueborn Stratian
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Mayzer_of_Chaos, Harbinger_of_Chaos
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »
+3
For the record, and not that I should need to explain anything to anyone, but this was a long negotiation that was reached in agreement mainly for respecting land claims (i.e. we'd be giving up any claims in the Tundra).  Shouldn't have to spell it out any clearer than that.

In my opinion, respecting land claims and a full alliance are two very different things, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Should be a fun Strat 4!
Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. The Harbinger has come.

If you wish to contact me, search for Mayzer on Steam. I'm the one with the Minecraft avatar.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »
+8
Should I take this as a threat? KUTT did say that if we wouldn't ally with them vs hosp then they would ally with hosp vs us. does that mean that this alliance has formed in order to threaten FCC? or is it for other purposes?

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:43 pm »
+1
Should I take this as a threat? KUTT did say that if we wouldn't ally with them vs hosp then they would ally with hosp vs us. does that mean that this alliance has formed in order to threaten FCC? or is it for other purposes?

Well, Lordark already implied he wants to go to war against us.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:19 pm »
Well, Lordark already implied he wants to go to war against us.

Well he's not the final decision maker.  FCC attacked our fief and our faction members, but we have not declared war against FCC, and have no plans of doing so in the near future.  You attacking us could (and most people probably would) take it as an act of war, requiring no declaration from the people being attacked. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 06:40:51 pm »
+5
Well he's not the final decision maker.  FCC attacked our fief and our faction members, but we have not declared war against FCC, and have no plans of doing so in the near future.  You attacking us could (and most people probably would) take it as an act of war, requiring no declaration from the people being attacked.

You mean the randomly assigned fiefs in the middle of our territory - just like you attacked a dozen different fiefs in your respective territory that mostly went undefended as they were randomly assigned?

Also, really???  The 2nd and 4th largest factions unite into a mega-alliance of 35% of NA player base (45% and 1st and 3rd if you include each of their various vassals (Norse Horde, Papal Guard, Astralis, Chevaliers for Hospitallers already made them bigger than any other 2 clans with 5 cities and countless fiefs).  Before a war has ever even broken out.  Both clans are frightened out of their minds of ever standing on their own 2 feet and desperately sought a mega-alliance against who???  The only clans that are anywhere even near their size are FCC and TKOV, most of NA is smaller factions doing interesting battles.  Why are Hospitallers always chasing after some alliance with most of the playerbase allied to them???  Scared of ever just fighting and warring without absolute guarantee of winning with 10:1 odds???
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:53:40 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »
+9
Do all the other clans want to be my friend?
Leader of BS

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »
You mean the randomly assigned fiefs in the middle of our territory - just like you attacked a dozen different fiefs in your respective territory that mostly went undefended as they were randomly assigned?

Also, really???  The 2nd and 4th largest factions unite into a mega-alliance of 35% of NA player base (45% and 1st and 3rd if you include each of their various vassals).  Before a war has ever even broken out.  Both clans are frightened out of their minds of ever standing on their own 2 feet and desperately sought a mega-alliance against who???  The only clans that are anywhere even near their size are FCC and TKOV, most of NA is smaller factions doing interesting battles.  Why are Hospitallers always chasing after some alliance with most of the playerbase allied to them???

And every one of the fiefs in our territory we discussed with the people who owned it and came to agreements with 100% of them before we took the fief over.  We figured that wasn't too much for FCC to do with their land claims.  That being said, that's the exact reason why I don't take you attacking our fief as an act of war, because it was randomly assigned, and was in your territory that you were claiming, and more importantly, farther away from our lands than we were willing to try and hold.

We allied for mutual beneficial reasons.  Mainly KUTT wanted Yruma Castle, but didn't have anything to offer that would interest us.  We were able to come up with a trade alliance with them, mutual defense pact, and an agreement that if either side is fighting a battle, we would sign up mutually for them (or at minimum, not sign up against them).  That's really all the agreement stands for.  We don't have any enemies we are going to be nation building against, it's not like we're planning on marching across the NA lands and start taking over as much as we can.

KUTT is happy in the Tundra, and Hospitaller are happy in the steppe.  We have no plans for aggressive expansion, this was just something that was mutually beneficial to both parties.  Also, NH and Astralis are not Hospitaller vassals. 

It should not be taken as a threat to anyone, and will obviously strengthen the defensive capabilities of both factions.  I fail to see all the doom and gloom people are postulating about. 

Would appreciate if you guys would stop thread shitting in the diplomacy forum section, there are rules stickied if you need any helpful reminders.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:55:17 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 06:55:21 pm »
+6

We allied for mutual beneficial reasons.  Mainly KUTT wanted Yruma Castle, but didn't have anything to offer that would interest us.  We were able to come up with a trade alliance with them, mutual defense pact, and an agreement that if either side is fighting a battle, we would sign up mutually for them (or at minimum, not sign up against them).  That's really all the agreement stands for.  We don't have any enemies we are going to be nation building against, it's not like we're planning on marching across the NA lands and start taking over as much as we can.

KUTT is happy in the Tundra, and Hospitaller are happy in the steppe.  We have no plans for aggressive expansion, this was just something that was mutually beneficial to both parties. 

It should not be taken as a threat to anyone, and will obviously strengthen the defensive capabilities of both factions. (AGAINST WHO???? no one is your size already hospitallers)  I fail to see all the doom and gloom people are postulating about. 

Mutually beneficial in that now we can ensure permanent boring deadlock as UIF NA side forms where you ally with almost everyone else or you can eventually choose to fight against factions 1/10th your size.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 06:57:44 pm »
Against any potential enemies that would threaten either faction?  So you can only come to diplomatic terms with another faction if you have enemies?  That's news to me.  Have none of you ever played EU3 or any seen any medieval diplomacy in movies or TV or books?  The Tudors comes to mind, as does A Song of Ice and Fire. 

People are reading too far into this.

And it's not like I didn't come and discuss this with you Kesh.  You certainly had options to come to diplomatic agreements with both KUTT and Hospitallers, but you chose not to.
 - Stolen from Macropussy