Author Topic: Operation: Whoops  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Ipsum

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SWF
  • Game nicks: Ipsum_SWF
Re: Operation: Whoops
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 01:28:15 am »
+1
You have 5 hours to reinforce, pretty sure lock-in period is lower than that.

The point is, you need real troops in garrison to defend yourself against raids, population are not real troops, they are supplements, you really should be arming them and counting on them except to guard against some possible ninja siege.

BTW A 6 man clan could have easily earned at least 75-100k by now if they've played smart, so have had the time and gold to recruit and outfit around 1000 troops at an "armed level", enough that a raid would have been a non-issue. Apparently they have not played very smart, have nowhere close to that.

SWF has no friends, no army, and picked a fight with a clan 9 times larger. They can regroup, can make friends with an enemy of KUTT, rebuild their troops and gold stocks and plot their revenge, lots of clans have done it.

You have no idea what you are talking about because literally everything in this post is false

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 03:43:08 am »
+1
As a single trader I have acquired close to 240 troops(or the equivelent had I been recruiting) since the start of strat. Multiply that by 6 and you could have over 1200 troops by now.

Or assuming you guys only did half that(600) and the gold you would make 2400 gold per person(or 7200 gold) by now.

Assuming all things properly, you could have produced 600 troops and 7200 gold by strat ticks alone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 04:52:20 am »
You can't transfer any troops more than would leave you less than 100 (e.g. 136 troops you can only transfer 36) to a fief or person.  So a lot depends on when they changed their troop count to over 100.  Considering no guidelines were given (except very vaguely) on Strat 4.0 and this is a new clan, odds are later rather than earlier.

Furthermore, they were under constant harassment with 2 previous battles which would have used up significant amounts of gold in equipment and upkeep of troops (upkeep is another number both of you failed to calculate in, especially if they have to hold them mostly in their fief because of threat of constant attack).  Very limited trade opportunities (and may not be well understood as  anewer clan to strategus) as caravans would likely have been attacked by their more numerous enemy. 

So all in all they shouldn't be written off as "not playing very smart" by people who have played several version of strategus and don't have to organize with 5 other members who may or may not be less active due to work or school.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:28 am »
+1
Well trying to go it alone is pretty tough, why doesn't FCC help them out?

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 06:05:19 am »
+1
I thought we were gonna lose. Those practice daggers, man, I swear.

So fucking OP. I'm not even joking.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 06:06:31 am »
You can't transfer any troops more than would leave you less than 100 (e.g. 136 troops you can only transfer 36) to a fief or person.  So a lot depends on when they changed their troop count to over 100.  Considering no guidelines were given (except very vaguely) on Strat 4.0 and this is a new clan, odds are later rather than earlier.

Furthermore, they were under constant harassment with 2 previous battles which would have used up significant amounts of gold in equipment and upkeep of troops (upkeep is another number both of you failed to calculate in, especially if they have to hold them mostly in their fief because of threat of constant attack).  Very limited trade opportunities (and may not be well understood as  anewer clan to strategus) as caravans would likely have been attacked by their more numerous enemy. 

So all in all they shouldn't be written off as "not playing very smart" by people who have played several version of strategus and don't have to organize with 5 other members who may or may not be less active due to work or school.

FYI my gold/Troop counts takes into effect Strat ticks only and IGNORES the first 8 hours of Bonus Gold. Also ignores the 4k from the village.

Everything I typed ignores trading and it's various effects. So yes, if they WERE smart they could have 7200 gold without trading and 600 soldiers without  moving from the village. Even giving them 2 days to set strat ticks they can make 450 troops and 5k gold.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 06:14:01 am »
+2
Well trying to go it alone is pretty tough, why doesn't FCC help them out?

We agreed to have a border skirmish over Ismirala castle with Kutt where if they take it they can keep it without retaliation and vice versa if we retain possession, but also part of that agreement was that neither side would attack each other's remaining fiefs (excluding Ismirala castle).  Giving monetary or equipment support to SWF would violate the spirit of that agreement.  We hold true to our word.

However, I did merc for them as an independent person just because I thought the whole raid thing on a tiny clan fief was a bitch move done because SWF kept winning stand-up legitimate fights (testing out raid feature my ass).  But now they stole all their equipment using a glitch in the system so nothing can be done about it except keep pressuring chadz to get rid of the glitch.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 06:14:59 am »
+8
The fact that SWF has held on this long, and that Kutt felt the need to raid them, shows how successful they have been.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 07:08:57 am »
+3
We agreed to have a border skirmish over Ismirala castle with Kutt where if they take it they can keep it without retaliation and vice versa if we retain possession, but also part of that agreement was that neither side would attack each other's remaining fiefs (excluding Ismirala castle).  Giving monetary or equipment support to SWF would violate the spirit of that agreement.  We hold true to our word.

However,I did merc for them as an independent person just because I thought the whole raid thing on a tiny clan fief was a bitch move done because SWF kept winning stand-up legitimate fights (testing out raid feature my ass).  But now they stole all their equipment using a glitch in the system so nothing can be done about it except keep pressuring chadz to get rid of the glitch.

Well, I wouldn't say Stand-up or legitimate fights, they agreed to hand over the fief in exchange of the fief sumbuja, if I remember correctly. Which they decided it better to piss off a clan 9 times larger than them...  If I do say so myself that isn't very "smart". On the issue of raiding being a glitch, I agree 100%, remove it or at least change it in some form, maybe make raiding effect only supply and demand while giving each side 30% to 40% of there total troop count to defend/ attack and the only equipment lost would be the equipment used to attack/defend. I honestly don't know what I am talking about but as it is, Raiding is completely bogus.

The fact that SWF has held on this long, and that Kutt felt the need to raid them, shows how successful they have been.

Yes, good effort guys.

Offline Ipsum

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SWF
  • Game nicks: Ipsum_SWF
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »
Welp, we tried. Have fun with all of our random crap I guess. We had so much that we couldn't even find the good weapons on the list.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 06:56:01 pm »
+1
Besides lemmy even the cowardly BRD clan didn't raid you like some quavering pussy bitches we wanted some legit fighting action. I don't think enough of Brd's members are bundle of sticks enough to ever decide to raid unless it is a revenge for a raid. Raiding is a bullshit mechanic that just cheapens and lessens the fun of strategus and should just be removed.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:00 pm »
For the record, that five-hour period didn't happen for us at all, so we were never allowed to reinforce for any of our three sieges or one raid, and we were not able to reinforce even the first minute after the next siege was declared. We were just lucky that it took KUTT six years to get enough equipment to raid us so we could learn that recruiting troops in a village is ungodly slow and that you get to choose between earning gold and recruiting troops. We did get some good gear off of our first and second attackers, but other than that, we could only afford to buy "Practice <weapon>".

Something that would be helpful for new clans: any documentation. At all. Anything. The outdated forum posts that rarely get updated and aren't from anyone who actually knows don't count. It would also be nice if we either had a cooldown period between attacks, or a way to transfer troops/equipment/gold to and from our village for a short time after being attacked. As it is right now, we can be (and have been) DDoS'd, although by different people and, I assume, unintentionally, except for the raid-siege combo.

Just out of curiosity, why do raiders get to keep all our stuff? Stealing gold and killing troops and even population would make sense, but I don't understand the value of this part of the mechanic.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 08:08:37 pm »
Besides lemmy even the cowardly BRD clan didn't raid you like some quavering pussy bitches we wanted some legit fighting action. I don't think enough of Brd's members are bundle of sticks enough to ever decide to raid unless it is a revenge for a raid. Raiding is a bullshit mechanic that just cheapens and lessens the fun of strategus and should just be removed.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Like I said before, they had their chance to come out of this peacefully, I figured we'd throw the Raiding mechanic at them that most likely they weren't familiar with.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 08:22:00 pm »
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Like I said before, they had their chance to come out of this peacefully, I figured we'd throw the Raiding mechanic at them that most likely they weren't familiar with.

More LEBENSRAUM for KUTT!

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 11:00:06 pm »
+1
Don't blame KUTT for using a cheap tactic; it's up to the developers to take Low Strong out of the game if it breaks it.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)