Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 28108 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:13 pm »
+1
did you guys saw this? love they do everything from scratch with their experience from warband. And more modding friendly sounds nice of course, too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...Oldest italian board member Nikephoros, on April 2012 flight to Ankara/Taleworlds office to make this interview about rumors around starting works of Mount&Blade2...
...unfurtunatly there was not possible to spread out it for "over order" but since it was given the official announcement recently, now is the time to allow all to read it...

...remember that following questions was make on April2012, than some answers in the current state should be change or completly different:...
D: You have done a great job improving the combat system from M&B WB. Between the horizontal strokes of M&B and animations more elaborate WB - in which you added the possibility of kicking - there is an abyss. How are you going to do with M&B2? It will be simple evolution, or plan to totally revolutionize the system of strikes and blocks?
R: We are re-doing everything again, we are not using anything from the old games. As for the game mechanics, I know for sure we are going to work on the parry system. We implemented it into the later versions of Warband. We are also rewriting all the animations for blocking, for example. Blocking was nice, but you know, was a little “blocky”, back then. There are some attacks that you can’t just stop with an upper block, you have to divert it, we are taking care of stuff like that. It’s going to be an evolution, as you said, not a revolution. The combat system is going to be essentially the same, but it’s going to be improved. A lot. We changed programming language and everything…

D: And what about the module system?
R: there won’t be a module system anymore. It’s going to be a lot more accessible, the whole structure of the game is being rewritten, tenths of times, for the modders to do whatever they please. We created a new game from scratches. What has started as a husband and wife project has expanded, as you know, and the new code began accumulating on top of the old code. It became a little clumsy, it is natural. Have you messed with the shader file, for example?

D: I didn’t have the courage. But I remember seeing the zombie texture around the folder, a few times.
R: exactly. Many things right now are hard coded, like animations, that can’t be changed without the help of a developer. You won’t have as many limitations in M&B 2.

D: Regarding the map, will there be a new map? Will the world change, will it remain the same? How’s it going to be for single-player lovers?
R: the game, in terms of campaign and the world itself has changed like three times from now, but we are pretty confident we are going to keep this version. Let’s just say we are going to expand what you already know about Calradia.

D: You know there had been many successful modifications for the game, and one of the best known is the Strategus – cRPG, which allows the players to have some sort of multiplayer campaign. Will there be any feature like that in the game to come?
R: at this stage a multiplayer, competitive or cooperative looks still pretty difficult to make.

D: Warband opened a completely new market and a completely new fanbase for the M&B franchise. It also created a new genre for multiplayer games, a niche that some other software houses are trying to exploit. How is Taleworlds going to deal with the competition?
R: Ah, the competition… let’s just say we’ll carry on doing what we can do best: offer some historically plausible, rock-hard gameplay. That’s what we are trying to keep for the multiplayer.

D: Are you going to focus more on a more accessible playability or are you going to keep on going on the track opened by Warband?
R: Of course, there won’t be anything like a Viking battling a space marine (although it would be awesome n.d.r.), but we won’t be focusing on a specific year. No French vs. English, for example. We are going to expand, stretch and bend it a little. Let’s just say that.

D: still about the multiplayer, there is a diffused concern regarding TW’s support of the multiplayer community. In regards especially to “official” community sporting events, like the NC and the ENL, and in general the competitive side of the gaming. Will there be in M&B 2 a more stable and organized supports for clans, players, maps?
R: we have been talking about it a lot by now. The Nations’ Cup support, or the new website, which is a little old by now, but was intended to work as some sort of portal page, where you could register your profile, your serial, see the games you owned and stuff like that. Our best effort was put in creating a stable community that supported us, and for which we could produce stuff for. We are also working on some sort of official ladder, a series of official tournaments.

D: what about players IDs? Will there be a system to officially recognize player names and clans?
R: we are really thinking about it, we like the idea of a player account usable for the forums, the community, the game, the data being gathered in some separate database, accessible from other computers, for example. We are working on it.

D: And now for a particularly interesting point concerning the Italian community: will there be an official Italian translation?
R: the only translations done until now were done by players, so probably yes. The localizations were made by players who approached us, then the translations would be revised and corrected, and finally accepted.
And it is because the community OWNS the game. There have been contributions, suggestions that have been put into the game. This sense of property is maybe one of the reasons why we have such a loyal and affectionate community.

D: Still, there has been a recent controversy, which can be somehow told like this: the attitude has changed a lot since the very beginnings where community-developers interaction was the norm, to this day.
R: We are a lot bigger now. When I got hired first, there was five people at TW. Now we are 25. Working on a bigger, better, stronger game. We don’t really have much to show now, not just yet. There has been no official press release, you know, but the word is out there. But once we are ready to show something to you guys, we’ll get back on track, receiving millions and millions of tons of feedback and comments. We are going to get back on track. We are not a huge, faceless corporate company: the community is all we’ve got.
We’ll get back on track, I promise.

D: the most important question of all: in M&B2 will there be dinosaurs?
R: *laughs* only if you dig deep enough!

D: speaking of phisics, how will the players interact with the environments in M&B2?
R: It’s still very early to talk, but we would like the game environment to be interactive as much as possible. The ideal would be to have the player pick-up, destroy and throw stuff. We are rebuilding, or should I say building, a physics engine from scratches.

ciauz^^,
Jab

Offline Izual

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Roaming Shogun
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kaede_Nagawara, Lord_Comstock_de_Sussex
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2012, 04:38:07 pm »
Yup, posted on previous page.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 10:00:24 pm »
+3

Put this shit on kick starter, i'll give them a few hundred bucks
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BD_Baby_Wolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Boobs!
    • View Profile
    • Arideas
  • Faction: Guards
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Baby_Wolf
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2012, 11:14:25 am »
They finally revealed the release date! They say, it's going to come out the same day as Half-Life 3............ :/
Would be nice, though, to know if it's gonna be multi-player and whether they're planning linux release for this one.
Augment your reality, the easy way!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2012, 11:17:06 am »
+1
They finally revealed the release date! They say, it's going to come out the same day as Half-Life 3............ :/

So... december 2010?

Offline BD_Baby_Wolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 47
  • Boobs!
    • View Profile
    • Arideas
  • Faction: Guards
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Baby_Wolf
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:53 am »
So... december 2010?

more like 2009 i'm afraid :/
Augment your reality, the easy way!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2012, 08:19:39 am »
+2
Bonerlord, awesome.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 12:15:17 am »
All who bitches about name Bannerlord. You are ignorant dudes just go and learn english:

Banner a body of men or troops who follow a banner; a group of knights.

Dictionary of Collective Nouns and Group Terms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Love how you call people ignorant and tell them "just go and learn English" when you didn't add a large E in English and when you just shortly earlier admit to not even knowing what a Bannerlord is yourself until you bother Googling it yourself.
Nah... I dont care what does mean "Bannerlords" in english, its sounds good for me, that's enough! Its like if i would translate text of Painkiller by Judas Priest in Russian it would sounds like stupid words, but it sounds COOL and i dont care of meaning!!! :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:35:58 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 02:05:09 am »
Love how you call people ignorant and tell them "just go and learn English" when you didn't add a large E in English and when you just shortly earlier admit to not even knowing what a Bannerlord is yourself until you bother Goggling it yourself.
Yeah, english is not my native language. And yes i used internet to find out definition of word "Bannerlord". And so? Now i know it - what does mean Bannerlord in context of medieaval game - Lord Of Knights. So stop bitching guys about name of game, and about my English! :P

P.S. Called ignorant those english speaking ppl who just don't know all definitions of word "banner"!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:10:00 am by Firebrand »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 12:22:16 pm »
+3
Hmm, seems that ONCE AGAIN I will have to crush all opposition and be the 1 true king of Calradia. For it's my right, and all will be my serfs.

Cause I love warband MP and crpg, but without singleplayer Mount and Blade like 5 eons ago, we would never be where we are.

Im torn betweeen "Hell yeah" and "Taleworlds stop stealing my life"
I don't know enough

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2012, 01:19:36 pm »
+3
Hmm, seems that ONCE AGAIN I will have to crush all opposition and be the 1 true king of Calradia. For it's my right, and all will be my serfs.

Cause I love warband MP and crpg, but without singleplayer Mount and Blade like 5 eons ago, we would never be where we are.

Im torn betweeen "Hell yeah" and "Taleworlds stop stealing my life"
Amen.

Multiplayer is good and all, but single player was what made me fall in love with mount&blade. Here's hoping the SP part becomes more badass!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »
+1
I just hope they add more and more meaningful quests, the ones we have in Warband became boring two years ago.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2012, 09:21:06 pm »
+4
Perhaps we might even see tournaments that do not consist of circling around the map stabbing all the AI stuck at the walls. The singleplayer had so much faults but was still so awesome, they can make so much obvious improvements that will really make it glorious.

Multiplayer on the other hand, is rather polished apart from the huge fuck ups in the balance department. So scared that they will break something, well at least they have the right fanbase focused attitude.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 704
  • Infamy: 429
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2012, 09:24:39 pm »
I just hope they add more and more meaningful quests, the ones we have in Warband became boring two years ago.

Warband SP is dynamic, time actually matters in that game. Kinda hard to create custom quests with triggers and shit like in other games. That and the low budget are the reasons why quests are crap.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 12:52:21 am »
+4
Goggling

It's googling, you illiterate bastard.

Btw, I still want to have to knock out the lord I'm supposed to free when doing a jailbreak quest.