Author Topic: 1.5 slot items  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: 1.5 slot items
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »
+1
Light Lance, Bamboo spear & others 2.5 slots? And no more hoplites with Ashwood and 2 slot shields...

I think it should be selected more by weight than length.
Remember that polearms only get the rear horses if they are 141 length or more. Presonally I want all the shorter spears to be 1 or 1.5 slots (since they cant rear horses).
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 05:02:27 pm »
That might be a little bit too much, but its along the lines of what I would like.
Not sure about 1hers though, might be too high a treshold. (90 length and 1.5 weight might be better, things like nordic war sword, or some axes fit here i think, also niuweidao).
About 2hers, also bastards, katana, axe (under 2 weight) might be 1.5 slots.

Definetly yes.

About poles, ok mostly, not sure about the swiss halberd, but some should be 1.5, what about the boar spear, iron staff and maybe jousting lance?

I don't know about the cav lances, they are a touchy subject. A lancer without sidearm is kinda meh, but a lancer with a poleaxe on his back is just plain OP and retarded. The swiss halberd is already a decent duelling weapon tbh, and there's no reason to give that one 2 slots specifically

Light Lance, Bamboo spear & others 2.5 slots? And no more hoplites with Ashwood and 2 slot shields...

I think it should be selected more by weight than length.

We could very well have 1.5 slot shields too. The huscarl and steel shield should stay 2 slots though, if not more.

Also, all equipment with a 2.5 or higher slot value should be unsheathable, all above or equal to 3 unbalanced (let the poleaxe/GLA/glaive aboozers cry when nerfed by the holy reality check hammer).

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »
^ sorry Kafein I have to interject on the shield front.

NO .5 slot shields as a hoplite or man at arms should never get a shield and lance and bastard sword in one package.

I would therefore try my best to avoid shields getting involved thanks a lot anyway for the thought though.

"It is a fairly elegant solution to all this bastard sword one slot nonsense." (wefyb)

I maintain however that light lance, spear, double sided lance and that kind of thing should be 1.5 slot. You could say balance over length. It would be more acceptable for bamboo spear to become 1.5 than ash-wood pike wouldn't it?  I would leave decisions like that to the devs and hope they do the right thing by the community. The purpose is to open new pathways in character design and to try to make the game better.

Remember if x-bows, hybrid-archers and hybrid-cav become a larger threat it in melee polearm and 2H will suffer without any mechanics changing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:56:51 pm by owens »
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 11:59:42 pm »
Also light lance must be 1.5 slots because it is where my idea came from.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 12:05:08 am »
+1
NO .5 slot shields as a hoplite or man at arms should never get a shield and lance and bastard sword in one package.

I maintain however that light lance, spear, double sided lance and that kind of thing should be 1.5 slot. You could say balance over length. It would be more acceptable for bamboo spear to become 1.5 than ash-wood pike wouldn't it?  I would leave decisions like that to the devs and hope they do the right thing by the community. The purpose is to open new pathways in character design and to try to make the game better.

Remember if x-bows, hybrid-archers and hybrid-cav become a larger threat it in melee polearm and 2H will suffer without any mechanics changing.
Kafein did not suggest 0.5 shields, but 1.5, as an intermediate stage, compared to the current 1 to 2 jump.
I think the bamboo should stay at 2 slots (very long), not sure about the other ones.
x-bows hybrids would probably not be more effective since I don't think any crossbow would go under 1 slot, and I am not sure about how many slots per quiver of arrows/bolts.
hybrid archer's biggest problem is not the slots, but the need to sacrifice most of their WPF and many skill points for this (instead of 18/21 go 15/21 or 18/18 for example).
Hybrid cav would have to adapt. The heavy lance should go to 2.5 slots, the lance stay at 2 and not sure about the other ones, and we would be preventing them from getting a secondary top tier weapon (2.5 slots), which would harm them. They could however go for a worse lance and get a better dismounted weapon, being able to get a 1.5 slot light lance and a 2.5 top tier dismounted weapon (though no shield).  Its all about the balance.
As I said before, choose either great at one thing, or good at two (lancing on horse or on foot in this case) (well, or mediocre at 3, or even worse at 4, etc).

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 12:20:50 am »
^sometimes a good weapon can make up a lot for wpf.

An archer with a 1.5 slot bow and 1.5 sword will do more damage than a 1 slot bow at range and less than a 2 slot weapon in melee yet hopefully more than a 1 slot melee.

You are correct in saying that we should be able to make that choice that atm we cannot make, although I have said it a few times...

Thanks for the input
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:29:15 am by owens »
PK is back

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 06:14:19 am »
I'm not sure this is practical.  I hope it is.  It sounds awesome.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »
I agree with this on the grounds that it is completely ridiculous that a heavy bastard (and bastard and longsword and katana and maybe a few others) take(s) up the same amount of slots as a flamberge, which is 1.5x the length and twice the weight.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 06:45:01 pm »
this is a really good idea

regarding the balance i think with Nx0.5 slot weapons it will be easier to achieve then now
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:58 pm »
BUMP

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 08:57:14 pm »
MAKE STEEL BOLTS 1.5 SLOT

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 12:59:25 am »
^not if it was up to me sorry.

I would also be apprehensive about making unsheathable weapons more than 2 slot. Although in a lot of ways I don't care because I don't play cRPG any more.

I just hope chadz has a plan because ATM cRPG is not very good.
PK is back

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 05:35:49 am »
bumparooni

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:42 am »
Bump
PK is back