Author Topic: Mega-Alliances: Who's To Blame, What To Do?  (Read 9823 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Mega-Alliances: Who's To Blame, What To Do?
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2012, 01:06:18 am »
+3
+13 for that post.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2012, 01:09:03 am »
+3
+13 for that post.

Should be higher, comedy gold right there from my number one fan.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:56 am »
+8
Was he trolling or is he that much of a nutbar?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
+2
Was he trolling or is he that much of a nutbar?

He is with utmost conviction in that Loki donating money to the servers to keep them floating when Classical made it public he was out of funds and without them they would be shutting down forcing our Saudi Oil Prince to divert funds towards bribing LLJK is true. All things considered this is his best theory personal experience he has ever shared in my opinion.

Join NA Fallen, we are literally rolling in cash... Literally.

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2012, 02:21:28 am »
+1
He really needs to take a break from this game and the forums for a while.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2012, 03:23:26 am »
+3
Yeah, he should probably make a trip to saudi arabia for relaxation.

Just ask Loki, I'm sure he can arrange something...

On a totally unrelated note, please buy our official fallen corporate game: http://oilrush-game.com/

We get major saudi oil royalties from that shit...

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2012, 05:02:32 am »
+7
oil money.
Turtles

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2012, 06:14:47 am »
+3
oil money.
Want some? Come get some!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:24:30 am by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:19 am »
+14
There is a lot of weird stuff being said in this thread, so let me clear some stuff up.

First off, my goal was always to destroy the Northern Empire.  I spent a lot of time working on the project between strat 1 and the start of strat 2.  Figuring out who would be where on the map and who would be interested in such a plan.  When strat 1 ended the Fallen Brigade leadership had a long meeting about what our goals were in strategus, taking over the entire map was impossible due to game mechanics, so we decided that being a source of chaos in the game would be considered winning to us.  The best way to create chaos, we decided, was to attempt to break-up the 2 mega alliances.  The Northern Empire and UIF.  UIF in strat 2 was a little nebulous at the time, they were saying they were disbanding but all the signs pointed to being bigger and stronger than strat 1.  DRZ was claiming that they were working solo again and so I decided to take them at their word and see if they would be interested in a joint strike against the Northern Empire.  Specially because of their place NW on the map and they wouldn't have any space to expand unless it was into NE territory.

LLJK, I could never figure out what their goals were, what their motivation was, or even who was leading them really.  All we knew was that their were a lot of them, they seemed fragmented, but a force to be reconned with.  I worked with LadyGAGA in planning some schemes to take DRZ territory and hand it over directly to LLJK in strat 1, but strat 1 died literally a day before the plan was to be implemented.  In Strat 2 I just didn't know what the fuck they were doing.  They were trying to join UIF then the NE, or at least this is what they were telling me.  So we ended up mercing for them for 50k strat gold a week.  When they couldn't or wouldn't pay up I went to ATS_Ecko and got 150k strat gold for agreeing to not merc for LLJK.  Not really intending to live up to our end of the agreement one way or the other. I could have cared less.  LLJK was doing a hell of a job fending off multiple aggressors at once.  We just laughed and laughed, we couldn't believe that Ecko had given us 150k gold for essentially nothing.

When BRD and the Mercs finally came to a peace settlement, BRD had a fat army but nowhere to take it.  So I just suggested that they attacked ATS and they would have our full support.  That's when the full invasion happened.  We moved a 10k army up into Tsardom territory to prepare for the attack, but I didn't want to blow our cover just yet.  Eastern Tsardom was shitting their pants asking what we were doing with the army.  I told them we were going to take a neutral castle just to the north of our territory.  I'm not sure how much of that they bought.  But Ecko_ATS came to me panic strickened, asking what our intentions were.  I told him that we would send our 10k army to help fight off BRDs brazen attack against the Northern Empire and that Ecko should get Eastern Tsardom to move all of their troops to help against BRD.  Eastern Tsardom leadership was obviously split on what to do.  They moved about half of their armies to the west.  The Fallen Brigade then quickly split our army into 3 smaller armies and took most of the Eastern Tsardom villages without a fight.  I even managed to convince eastern tsardom not to show up for their own battles, so we took the villages without a fight.  I don't even think most Fallen Brigade members knew that part.  We than sat a 10k army on top of Eastern Tsardom's last village, which held their last remaining army.  Basically in seige mode.  We then funneled as many troops and supplies (including ATS's 150k gold) into BRDs armies.  When NE was no more, I just happened to be in a teamspeak with all the leaders of chaos, hospitaller, occitan, ats and goretooth.  They all pleaded that we let them keep  Yruma castle and one other village (I forget the name).  I told them that they would get nothing and that they would be scattered to the four winds.  Goretooth was claiming that he would usurp Ecko and take the remaining loyal hospitaller and ATS members and form a new clan under his leadership.  When I told him no, he went berserk swearing and crying and swearing that he'd fight me to the end of time.  It was the best in life to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of Goretooth.  But in retrospect,  I think it would have been a smarter move on my part to allow these guys to keep the castle and reform; if not to keep them on my side, at least not have them be bitterly hateful enemies.

Strat 2 was a lot of backstabbing, lying, manipulating for sure.  The Fallen Brigade had truly taken it's place as the only evil clan in strategus, and we had become the most hated clan in all of strategus.  That is something I am still very proud of.

As for the middle eastern oil tycoon.  We did actually have an oil baron in the Fallen Brigade, but he wasn't from Saudi Arabia, he was from Qatar.  And we did pay for the LLJK servers for a time, after they were announced to be the official servers and Zealot was saying he couldnt pay for them anymore and that the ATS servers would come back online.

LLJK was always paranoid of me, always thinking I was scheming against them, but I never did.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2012, 11:15:39 am »
+1
I like how well you did in strat 3  :lol: i got my revenge
Hearing you crying to me in strat 3 was awesome. Looking forward to it again if you come back.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:21:31 am by Goretooth »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2012, 12:18:43 pm »
+1
So Smooth was right. GGARABFANS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2012, 12:38:08 pm »
+2
So Smooth was right. GGARABFANS

No, he is pretty much still batshit crazy about the money used as bribes. Classical made it very public with multiple posts even in the stickied donation thread that he was running out of money, so naturally we wanted to keep them financed as they ran smoothly. Pretty standard troll tactic of using a single shard of truth to create some warped fantasy. Now excuse me while I take a shower in $100 bills.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:07 pm »
+6
So exactly why did I get a diplomacy forum warning for posting in general discussion?

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2012, 01:23:30 pm »
+1
So exactly why did I get a diplomacy forum warning for posting in general discussion?

This is exactly my thought...
I will gladly stop posting in the DIPLOMACY forums on all topics I have been posting offtopic in (which there is: - )
For further information about this i would be thankfull :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:35:50 pm by Mike_of_Kingswell »
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:26 pm »
+1
This is exactly my thought...
I will gladly stop posting in the DIPLOMACY forums on all topics I have been posting offtopic in (which there is: - )
For further information about this i would be thankfull :)
Read this thread you buggers!: http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/your-warnings-should-actually-inform-what-exactly-was-violated/

More precisely, my post.

There is no sight in my third eye