Author Topic: Horsearchers.  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Horsearchers.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 04:37:03 pm »
HA is like every class, if it is played by skilled player it is OP and if it is played by some less skilled player than not many people QQ about it
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 04:42:42 pm »
HA is like every class, if it is played by skilled player it is OP and if it is played by some less skilled player than not many people QQ about it

You may be right. But It's like the only class I suck really bad in.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »
+1
I once shot atleast 8 arrows in some dorfbauer dude, didnt even sctratch him.
Bodkins btw..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 04:50:52 pm »
I once shot atleast 8 arrows in some dorfbauer dude, didnt even sctratch him.
Bodkins btw..
Happens all the time to me today I headshoted a guy and hitted 3 bodkins more in his body. Just to see a cav bumping and stabbing him from behind :(

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 06:37:25 pm »
+1
I havent played HA and probably never will but I can tell that everytime one hits me, even with my low armor I lose just about 20 - 30% HP. As low as their damage might be, HA/HX is pretty much the only thing that can keep an archer like me busy from focusing my fire on enemy inf/cav.

The fact that friendly inf cant get them, friendly cav probably wont get them either and that you cant run away from them, engaging HA/HX first is mandatory as ranged or they will get you sooner or later. They can do an excellent job at harassing enemy ranged and if done correctly are capable of saving their unshielded teammates from being shot to pieces. From an external point of view I have to say though that they are granted little room for errors and are easily dehorsed/killed if they dont know how to dodge or how to use the map layout to their advantage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »
I mostly cant kill an Archer cus of the accuracy and when the Archer has high athletics I wont be able to bump him and then shoot him.
Mostly Archers kill me :(

But yeah I can keep em busy for a bit :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:32 pm »
+1
Because it is UP, only the people that are dedicated to HA are still playing it. Because they play it a lot they tend to be pretty good, and as such you mostly see noobs that rage spec out of it and good HAs. Atleast that is how it is on NA.

What? Murchad is the only decent HA and even he is stupid to keep at it. He is so much better than that class lets him be that its ridiculous  :rolleyes:

I havent played HA and probably never will but I can tell that everytime one hits me, even with my low armor I lose just about 20 - 30% HP. As low as their damage might be, HA/HX is pretty much the only thing that can keep an archer like me busy from focusing my fire on enemy inf/cav.

Even putting HX in the same sentence with HA shows just how ignorant you are of these classes, making your statement about losing 20-30% hp from a HA shot as dependable as a crack whore holding your wallet.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 08:02:10 pm »
+1
What? Murchad is the only decent HA and even he is stupid to keep at it. He is so much better than that class lets him be that its ridiculous  :rolleyes:

Duke_Of_Disco_ATS, Mongorian_ATS, whatever his name is now.. that dude is really good at the class, probably the best regular HA on NA, though he doesn't play very much.  He would get tons of kills every map.  If Rohypnol specced into HA he'd probably perform just as well as he does as HX, its lower damage but the accuracy is the same and has a higher rate of fire.  This makes it really good for shutting down HX's or ranged players.

I did a gen or two as HA, and its really not that bad.  Its just difficult and takes some practice to effectively lead your shots.  Eventually they are gonna add in momentum of your horse affecting damage you do with mounted ranged weapons, which will buff the class.

You should focus on suppressing light cav and harassing other ranged classes with a maneuverable horse like an Arabian.  This lets you juke enemy cav and ranged very effectively while letting you slow down when necessary to get the best accuracy, but generally you need to stay moving so you don't get lanced or shot.

If you are using a horn bow and tatar or especially bodkin arrows you are hitting pretty hard trust me, unless they are heavy armor with high IF.  The class simply isn't that strong against heavy infantry and cav, but is great against lightly armored horses and players and the horse lets you choose who you fight.  Just get good at leading your shots, juking ranged, and killing as many horses as possible.  Once you get better aim, you will be able to shoot the rider pretty easily and you will shut cav players down hard.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:32 pm »
I regularly survive HA headshots...
Buff all (including HX and HT) mounted ranged, it's UP as fuck.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:19 pm »
I regularly survive HA headshots...
Buff all (including HX and HT) mounted ranged, it's UP as fuck.

Dieng by HX in 1hit they don't lose any damage on Horse like Archers do...

But in the other points I agree with you.
its lower damage but the accuracy is the same and has a higher rate of fire

Is it rly same accuracy? Well when I was HX it was pindot with a very dedicated build  :rolleyes:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »
+3
HA is effective at being annoying, but they deal so little damage i usually put my shield down and try to charge the since an arrow usually only does about 5% of my health ^^
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »
something is wrong when horse crossbow is better then horse archery.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 10:23:04 pm »
Dieng by HX in 1hit they don't lose any damage on Horse like Archers do...
You're crazy, I've been riding fullspeed at HXs and still come out with over half my HP left while playing on NA which is filled with them, normally HAs will have me end up on far lower HP, admittedly I've never played a HX 'cept a few times on siege with an arbalest and 0wpf on my main.
From my observations though HX is at best slightly better than horsearchery, they both need buffs, maybe HA more than HX but still, one half decent ground archer and both the two best HA/HX are dehorsed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »
+6
It's a delicate situation. Ranged players from horseback are pretty much the only ones that can stay completely out of harms if they want to, while still dishing out some damage. Yes, they're weak, maybe too weak (depends if they have looms or not, major difference), but buff them too much and you'll get hell.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:56 pm »
It's a delicate situation. Ranged players from horseback are pretty much the only ones that can stay completely out of harms if they want to, while still dishing out some damage. Yes, they're weak, maybe too weak (depends if they have looms or not, major difference), but buff them too much and you'll get hell.
Ranged players on the ground can pretty much already do it 'cept they get a tiny amount less speed in exchange for a bunch of of other buffs.