Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23427 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2011, 02:08:26 pm »
It's Gnjus, just shoot him in the back when he's in his glorious melee combat and feed on his rage.  :twisted:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2011, 04:21:39 pm »
You're so bitter, Gnjus :o

Sure, lets pretend for a moment that i am.....and now please tell me which part of my post was wrong ?

You can call me bitter all you want but you know I'm right.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2011, 04:33:04 pm »
Hm, well, I remember a decent amount of guys I played alongside during strategus battles, but apart from that, you're pretty much right in your observations. :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »
i wonder if the 2 slots will deal with the pike in the pocket people ^^

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2011, 04:46:49 pm »
+1

aside of that i see no reason why there shouldn't be a reset (except for pissing majority of players off and a few stacked looms of noob barmace - still not valid reason why the others should suffer too)
I mean a character reset as we had before, not a database wipe...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2011, 04:50:07 pm »
i wonder if the 2 slots will deal with the pike in the pocket people ^^

Pikes are gonna be drop only, meaning that if you have pike in your hands, whenever you switch to other weapon or try to sheath the pike, you will drop it on the ground.
For slower people - no more pocket pikes. ^^

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2011, 05:12:12 pm »
Yay! I can make a dedicated piker alt! Just think of the armor I can wear regularly if the only weapon upkeep is that cheap pike! This could be fun! I do enjoy piking aroung.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2011, 05:45:36 pm »
This limits shielders to "nothing" unless you want to take throwing axes. When I've fought on foot, I've always had an axe on my back for if my shield broke; I never realised before how OP and abusive I was being. Again, why not just give everyone three slots instead of four?

For every person doing things fairly like you, several are greatly abusing the capabilities of equip slots. Also, a shielder with a broken shield just manual block with their sword. It actually works quite well, especially pierce and blunt damage ones!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:52:22 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2011, 06:02:47 pm »
Pikes are gonna be drop only, meaning that if you have pike in your hands, whenever you switch to other weapon or try to sheath the pike, you will drop it on the ground.
eh?
Drop only?
Who thought this up and why did they think this was someohow going to add to gameplay?
I do not use pikes, I think they are cheap cos I am an elitist snob, but this seems punitive.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2011, 06:33:58 pm »
...and what would a dedicated archer know about teamwork ? Back in Strategos you were able to solve most of the battles on your own, i bet you never even remembered the names of the people who fought alongside you, they were here only to die while you sharpshoot your enemies from a safe spot 2 miles away from combat, mostly headshots.......i sure hope the developers dont have any intensions to bring that kind of "teamwork" back to us..........

Oh and protip: watch my squad when there is at least 5 or 6 of us online......it will help you to understand the meaning of teamwork, whether we camp or charge, and we do both.
Too bad this mod still allows your kind of dedicated archer Rambos to be rather successful, but even such scumbags cant do much against proper teamwork.

Yes, I saw this «crushtrough teamwork» at second floor of ruins (or ruined fort map, or river).
But you speak about «teamwork» and I about «tactics». See difference?
«Halp me», «take my pike», «shoot this cav» or «backpedal and I shoot him» - its about teamwork.
«Crossfire», «cavalry flanking», «pikiner line», «tactical retreat», «advantage ground defence»,  timed maneuvres, uses of cavalry, infantry, ranged, obstacles simultaneously - its about tactics.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2011, 08:15:48 pm »
Hah! Didn't I say I'd retire and give up cavalry only for cavalry to get a buff? Here it is! It won't be that much of a buff, though, because too many people now have got good a timing a swing to take out a horse with a sword or axe.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2011, 01:42:06 am »
There is one thing that scares me in this slot system.Most of people while playing ranged will not use melee weapon=more running away,more gay jumping.

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2011, 04:23:44 am »
There is one thing that scares me in this slot system.Most of people while playing ranged will not use melee weapon=more running away,more gay jumping.

They can run but they always usually die. And if they are not stupid, they will just keep a 1H melee weapon besides their bow and some arrows. On Sterling_Archer, I always carry a soldier's cleaver besides my arrows and bow.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2011, 06:14:47 am »
I'm clearly enjoying this post of rage since the last patch I've mostly only used 1 slot of the four disponible. (Except while playing archer. Duh arrows take slots.)

Also even with archery, finally the lesser arrows will get some use. While playing my archer with 2 stack of bodkin arrows I've rarely missed some, even with me being the last survivor.

chadz you rule!  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:18:12 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2011, 07:22:49 am »
Twas about bloody time.  :wink:

Also, @Darkkarma: basically it will force you to stay near your shielding teammate if you want to survive longer, which kinda makes sense. We are fighting medieval battles here, not some "im gonna Rambo everything on my own" medieval unrealistic shooter. At least this mod should thrive to get things done "properly".

Your "point" to Darkkarma fails utterly since it relies on some implied sense of historical realism.  Also successful trained x-bowmen in said historical reality were equipped with melee weapons they were well trained in the use of, and had deployable pavise shields to use for cover.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?