Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23393 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 12:39:58 pm »
Twas about bloody time.  :wink:

Also, @Darkkarma: basically it will force you to stay near your shielding teammate if you want to survive longer, which kinda makes sense. We are fighting medieval battles here, not some "im gonna Rambo everything on my own" medieval unrealistic shooter. At least this mod should thrive to get things done "properly".

I'd agree, if realism were an anyway reliable form of deciding how a game should be balanced. We're essentially taking it from where dedicated meleers hug shielders/and cover from poorly balanced weapons resulting in hybrids, to forcing actual dedicated rangers to hug shielders in order to even survive. Dedicated xbow/archer was a pretty impractical choice before with the low requirements and easy to hybrid style of xbows. Ironically, they are about to be even MORE impractical for an entirely different reason.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:19:06 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 12:49:19 pm »
DarkKarma, i think you'll see that dedicated range will be fine. The melee hybrids of them will suffer a little bit. We'll see ho wit plays out... If they have an heirloom and character re-stat then everything will be fine and nobody will get royally screwed for heirlooming completely non compatible weapons as of the patch.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 12:57:38 pm »
think 1st, write 2nd - the new patch will be awesome
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 01:00:01 pm »
Beau, it is your point of view. I TOTALLY DISAGREE.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »
Well im not gunna be able to use my heirloomed pike and long maul combo but i don't care.

You see the way i look at it is if you have had the chance to use it together when the Devs feel you shouldn't be able to then clearly you are benefiting from something you shouldn't, else why would they stop it.  Also do you really want all the people who have heirloomed OP weapons like Barmaces / side swords to get to choose the next Uber cool weapon after the patch. No, if you like your weapon stick with it. Fuckers.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »
DarkKarma, i think you'll see that dedicated range will be fine. The melee hybrids of them will suffer a little bit. We'll see ho wit plays out... If they have an heirloom and character re-stat then everything will be fine and nobody will get royally screwed for heirlooming completely non compatible weapons as of the patch.

Heirlooming was meant to be RARE and SPECIAL (dixit chadz, and I approve that). I think that instead of giving the heirloom tokens back, many will be "stolen" again.

See now I don't buy that for a second. This is going to hurt alot ofdedicated hybrid players such myself. I can respect that they wanted to cut down the major issue of hybrids, (mainly with crossbows and their not so steep wpf requirements) But come on, I mean, as far  as i'm concerned this is going to seriously destroy alot of hybrids and dedicated crossbowmen as well.

I'll be forced to just using a bloody one hander or extremely low end polearm, I mean, as a crossbowman, I can count on going into melee the vast majority of time. I may not be a melee force, but I can at least hold my own. I can't run around and kite guys in a Loki-esque style and , continually hit my targets while on the move. Once I miss and i'm being pursued, i'm going to HAVE to melee assuming I don't 1 hit him or have about 30 feet to work with.  My melee capabilities are going to be hit VERY hard with this patch(not to mention the item I heirloomed for the soul purpose of going with my bow is now effectively useless as far as that is concerned. Simply steepening ranged wpf requirements for xbows would seem to be alot simpler. Better yet, why not make it dependant on powerdraw like bows? It would seriously cut back on the amount of hybrid users as well as not screw over the  dedicated crossbowmen out there.

A similar skill steepening could be done for throwing so that it's not as practical. I mean, I get it, right now it's not a mater of "should I hybrid" rather than "why shouldn't I hybrid?" But come on, we're not all lance tankmen fighters that can balance out two melee weapons and still have 60 wpf in crossbow and be effective.

All in all, this seems like an extremely short sighted fix.

I guess xbowers and archers only able to use bloody one-handers or low end polearms is balanced, as it is the case in Native for most factions. A simple short sword can be a deadly weapon in the correct hands, and is the greatest choice for those really roleplaying an archer/crossbowman.

And, WTF is happening, are they actually releasing "patch notes" ??? And it seems they have wrote it BEFORE the patch release ??? Can someone write a link to that wonderful thread ?

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 01:18:24 pm »

+1
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 01:26:22 pm »
Also do you really want all the people who have heirloomed OP weapons like Barmaces / side swords to get to choose the next Uber cool weapon after the patch. No, if you like your weapon stick with it. Fuckers.
Speed bump mentality is not how you do anything, let alone something with the purpose of being fun.
"To prevent a handful of people from having a little more, we make sure EVERYONE has less."
Hope that works out for you. And no, I am not one of the abusers of some OP weapon like a barmace.

Also, the whole point of balance is to eliminate "the next Uber cool weapon".
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 01:34:44 pm »
The truth is, being a hybrid its a trade-off; you have to split points.
That's the opposite of the truth, I'm afraid. The rapidly escalating cost of high wpf is the reason why everyone has gone hybrid: all you are trading is an insignificant difference between 150 and 160 wpf to go from 1 to 75.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »

If you're on the correct end, sure.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »
Beau, it is your point of view. I TOTALLY DISAGREE.

the last post was not meant specially on you but overall on most of the people :)
its like always imo, everybody complains before the patch only to find out that the changes are awesome after the patch is released. there will be way more variety in hybrids. every hybrid will have to choose what he prefers (not like now when you can take the best of both - aka sniper + 2h weapon, cav with heavy lance+shield+lhb or 2h, archer+superbow+superpolearm, skirmishers with jarids+huscarls+1h etc...)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:53:16 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 01:53:47 pm »
every hybrid will have to choose what he prefers (not like now when you can take the best of both - aka sniper + 2h weapon, cav with heavy lance+shield+lhb or 2h, archer+superbow+superpolearm)

and that is why would be  great

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:35 pm »
the last post was not meant specially on you but overall on most of the people :)
its like always imo, everybody complains before the patch only to find out that the changes are awesome after the patch is released. there will be way more variety in hybrids. every hybrid will have to choose what he prefers (not like now when you can take the best of both - aka sniper + 2h weapon, cav with heavy lance+shield+lhb or 2h, archer+superbow+superpolearm, skirmishers with jarids+huscarls+1h etc...)

That doesn't sound like much of a hybrid to me, man. It sounds like a person with a last resort alternative. Unless we're talking about some of the best here, a one hander alone isn't going to stand much of a  chance against a rhade, harmless,  or a goretooth. Also, regular  hybrid archers with their 50 max wpf would probably disagree with that "best of both worlds" analogy. They're going to be even a bit worse off when it comes to being able to defend against melee fighters, ESPECIALLY sword and board users.  Again, I don't see why we couldn't achieve the same results with steepening wpf requirements or making certain weapons need an additional requirement.

It's still of course way too early to tell, and I may be proven wrong, but Hybrid builds in alot of cases are being changed from "Why not" to "Why bother?" It's going from one extreme to another.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:21:27 pm by Darkkarma »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 02:18:01 pm »
lol

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »
Good point!