Author Topic: New Players need some love  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: New Players need some love
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Oh thats so sweet and romantic! +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
This should be saved and posted in every one of these threads.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 01:26:31 am »
+1
OP quit or hit at least level 27 and stopped whining? :D But seriously I think Dexxtaa sums these threads up nicely :).

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:49 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Sig.  It will be out of context for a lot of people but it's such a beautiful and inspiring piece of prose. I love you.

edit:: NVM couldn't fit into sig.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2012, 03:11:19 am »
+2
OP quit or hit at least level 27 and stopped whining? :D But seriously I think Dexxtaa sums these threads up nicely :).

I think you didn't catch my irony there. Totally agree with Dextaa on a personal level.. My point is that he talks from and too a certain group of players.

US THAT FOUGHT AND STAYED.

And we are becoming fewer and fewer and fewer by the day..

The point I'm trying to hammer through here, is that cRPG should ALSO cater to ANOTHER group of players if we want to increase the lifespan of cRPG.
WE won't suffer, cause we already have the skills, levels and looms we will ever need.

cRPG needs to make it easier for new players.. Let's be honest. Crpg was vastly easier when we began. When I started, hardly anyone could block i.ex...
I seriously don't know if I would stick to it if I started today. Miles and miles behind all the others, both in looms and skill... Let's face it, I spent the last 8 months grinding up to lvl34. I had all the looms I needed before that.. To reach my level and looms you would need to play approximately 20 generations.

Some first generation bonuses won't hurt us at all.. Even giving them some loompoints wouldn't be a problem if they couldn't be traded.

OP has a point imo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:15:28 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2012, 03:22:10 am »
Awesome post Dexxtaa, I also see Thovex's point...

Leveling bonuses FIRST GEN wouldnt be bad.
Faster leveling FIRST GEN and/or starting at lvl 10 or so wouldn't kill anything....not sure it would SOLVE anything either though :)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2012, 03:37:55 am »
+2
Hmm I guess it wouldn't hurt to get more fresh blood to the battlefield. More noobs to slay :twisted:. I'm not sure if crpg is losing much players at the moment but I say the more the merrier. What do you suggest Thomek? For once we agree on something (well at least we are not in complete disagreement :D).

As the M&B Warband itself gets older and older it naturally becomes harder to gain more players to mods because the game is not the newest hot topic in the bigger gaming blogs and forums anymore. I was thinking about giving gen 1 some free xp. Approximately up to level 25-30... As you probably guessed this suggestion has a big BUT(T). People have tendency to abuse such options. Old players trying to multiaccount to grind easy looms in this case. Sure we can catch some of those but I'm not completely 100% sure if it's always detectable... People are clever basterds when they want to find weak spots from systems. Sure it would put more pressure to the multiaccounting surveillance and banning. Otherwise good idea that has been suggested before countless times.

Maybe extra wpf/athletics/something boost for the first 8,7mil xp in first gen? Would not be extremely effective, but would give some chance to a new player to perform better against us veterans. Also grinding to over lvl 31 with first gen would be useless because the bonus would cease to exist after you hit 31. Opinions?

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2012, 07:43:25 am »
+4
Watch OP become the next big cRPG name.

Then he'll look back at this thread, mouse hovering over the "delete thread" button, and scoff at his former self, asking for a gentler learning curve.

A muttered "silly me" emerges from his lips, as he realizes how those hours spent dying at the hands of other combatants has taught him lessons he couldn't have learned otherwise. Lessons of patience, of perseverance and of communication.

The mouse moves away from the delete button, and he browses the rest of the forums, eager to find the next new fighter to the mod, and enthusiastically give them advice and empower them to be patient. Because in time, this young fighter will learn the same lessons he did; the lessons no one could tell him, but must be experienced.

He replies to the young fighter complaining about being killed too easily, and links this thread with the appended comment "I too, was once in your place. And you - such as I before you - will rise."