Author Topic: Chill with the elitism please  (Read 11051 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Chill with the elitism please
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2011, 05:16:52 am »
It's text.

I was just being sarcastic, too, so you're actually the one who failed on sarcasm detection.

Got em.

Complete fail on Sarcasm detection...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Doesntmeananything

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2011, 06:05:14 am »
It's text.

I was just being sarcastic, too, so you're actually the one who failed on sarcasm detection.

Got em.

Common Sense says, 'Being good at a game doesn't automatically grant you the right to be pretentious and presumptuous.'

You just look silly. Honestly, this is such a small thing, such a trivial matter, yet you can't even admit it. It's horrible, really. And speaks volumes indeed.

I suggest you take a good look at the topic of this thread. Look at it, until it starts making sense.
If I wore a kilt, I wouldn't wear highly polished shoes.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2011, 06:35:39 am »
Common Sense says, 'Being good at a game doesn't automatically grant you the right to be pretentious and presumptuous.'

You just look silly. Honestly, this is such a small thing, such a trivial matter, yet you can't even admit it. It's horrible, really. And speaks volumes indeed.

I suggest you take a good look at the topic of this thread. Look at it, until it starts making sense.

I think you need to relax and lighten up a bit, I was having a bit of a joking happy fun time and you need to turn it into a Dr. Phil life lesson moment. I suggest you read my responses to the topic and the general agreement from them and THEN post.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2011, 07:34:32 am »
I think you need to relax and lighten up a bit, I was having a bit of a joking happy fun time and you need to turn it into a Dr. Phil life lesson moment. I suggest you read my responses to the topic and the general agreement from them and THEN post.

Your responses are exactly what made me to post here. Everything you've posted in this thread was just proving my point, and I ultimately decided to voice my 'concerns'. I was pretty convinced, too, as I have a nasty habit of usually not bothering. Take subjectivity into account as well, so you can't argue that I was not relevant.

And perhaps the overall tone of my post wasn't conveying that most expressively, though I surely think that there are certain hints indicating that, but I wasn't particularly foaming at the mouth and cursing left and right when I was writing my thoughts. In any case, your solicitude towards my emotional health is very welcome.

Also, you have quite a strange idea of fun.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2011, 07:48:45 am »
Your responses are exactly what made me to post here. Everything you've posted in this thread was just proving my point, and I ultimately decided to voice my 'concerns'. I was pretty convinced, too, as I have a nasty habit of usually not bothering. Take subjectivity into account as well, so you can't argue that I was not relevant.

And perhaps the overall tone of my post wasn't conveying that most expressively, though I surely think that there are certain hints indicating that, but I wasn't particularly foaming at the mouth and cursing left and right when I was writing my thoughts. In any case, your solicitude towards my emotional health is very welcome.

Also, you have quite a strange idea of fun.

I'm glad you have such a moral and philosophical high ground that you feel obliged to rescue me from my obviously incorrect and wrong approaches on the subject. Perhaps you should spare me and write a book?

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2011, 08:07:52 am »
I'm glad you have such a moral and philosophical high ground that you feel obliged to rescue me from my obviously incorrect and wrong approaches on the subject. Perhaps you should spare me and write a book?

Rescue? God, no. Life will inevitably teach you, though I'm secretly hoping it will do it the hard way. I'm just glad that you're so eager to display you character here for everyone to see and ridicule.

However, will you chill with the elitism, please?

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2011, 12:17:25 pm »
Rescue? God, no. Life will inevitably teach you, though I'm secretly hoping it will do it the hard way. I'm just glad that you're so eager to display you character here for everyone to see and ridicule.

However, will you chill with the elitism, please?

He gets his lulz from reading responses like this!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »
There's nothing wrong with just going whack-whack-whack, especially on siege.

I do everything i can to maximise my opportunities to do it.

It's the most efficient way to kill, you're usually just standing in one place so are placing no-one in your team in danger and you're covering one position well.

Game's can be frustrating, especially after you've played for so long on a particular day or a series of things happen that annoy you.

Also some people are just ass-hats in that way.

Im definately a rager but i don't do it as much as i used to and I dont type anything at all now.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2011, 09:03:45 pm »
There are a lot of guides there if you want to improve a bit on blocking, my advice is to go to nditions server (native) to play against bots, of if you think that's not needed, a bit of duel servers.

Oh, I've spent hours trying to parry the bots also. With combat speed and difficulty maxed, I can't parry 1h bots more than 50% of the time.  I'm not sure I'm capable of improving this skill.

What I HAVE gotten better at is anticipation. I've noticed that at least 75% of the time, if someone parries my right swing, they will respond with a right swing of their own.  Wo if my right swing is parried, I now instinctively parry left. But I'm still not responding to what they are actually doing, just making an educated guess based on probability. Bots seem to be random in their swing selection, so they are harder to parry than average players.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »
Oh, I've spent hours trying to parry the bots also. With combat speed and difficulty maxed, I can't parry 1h bots more than 50% of the time.  I'm not sure I'm capable of improving this skill.

What I HAVE gotten better at is anticipation. I've noticed that at least 75% of the time, if someone parries my right swing, they will respond with a right swing of their own.  Wo if my right swing is parried, I now instinctively parry left. But I'm still not responding to what they are actually doing, just making an educated guess based on probability. Bots seem to be random in their swing selection, so they are harder to parry than average players.

the bots are pro pro pro on the hardest settings

it's like trying to duel the special bots some duel servers have

all you need to do is be good enough to get a positive k:d on a duel server (without cheating)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2011, 04:16:31 am »
And I honestly don't care about manners because it's a subjective belief system that only corresponds to you, and when someone else does something "wrong" that you were brought up to take offense to yet they weren't, they're somehow in the wrong and you're in the right. Yet, to them, they did nothing wrong as you're attempting to condemn them and convert them to your feelings of why they are.

Obviously that's a rather dramatic approach, but the point is I'm not going to march to someone else's drum of what they deem "appropriate," I'm an adult capable of making those decisions myself, and shouldn't need to be lorded over by a bunch of other people who's e-feelings get hurt because someone came along and said something that made their little feelings hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I usually am pleasant and nice with people in the hope of them returning it as I think a lot of people prefer that but I can also easily and handily handle a situation where someone is being unpleasant as well. Enforcing "manners" is just, basically, enforcing an opinion with an iron fist and I can't agree with that.

This is the same logical argument I use to justify and defend date-raping pre-teens.  +1 to you broskeeter.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2011, 06:25:40 am »
The issue, if you actually read the thread, that I have with players like you is that you take the easy way out and don't care to really improve or strive at all.

You simply circumvent the system that requires the most skill and take the easy path with no intent to risk or challenge yourself at all (running away from melee at all opportunities).

I think the attitude people have a problem with is in the quote above.  Who's to say that someone who plays x build (archer in this case) is taking some easy way out/ isn't taking a style that takes skill?  It's this arbitrary notion of "skill" being narrowly defined to dueling skill in this case.

I think there are truly some major things "good/elite" players need to have regardless of game, and that's awareness, adaptation, and then execution.  If someone isn't good at one aspect of the game yet great in another, why should you be the one to say they are taking an easy path or aren't as skilled as you?

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2011, 12:31:33 pm »
I say play the way you want, to me it's all about experimenting with whatever build you wish to use. The only thing I would ever ask of people is that they remember that just because you have great equipment and awesome armour, doesnt necessarily mean that what you do is particularly skilled.

The good players shine through regardless of what they use.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2011, 01:15:42 pm »
Phew, i've fought you and you're pretty annoying with that Bardiche. But you aren't that hard to kill, so i dunno why people rage on you for using that weapon. They must be pretty bad.