Author Topic: Chill with the elitism please  (Read 11049 times)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Chill with the elitism please
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2011, 08:17:09 pm »

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »
HI RHADE is this your shiny bald head  :o ? this is from your steam profile btw.  :wink:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yeah, I photoshopped my epic war face onto a picture I found for maximum rape.

People stalk me and find pictures of me like it's a bad thing, but idk, I think I'd say I look better IRL than 95% of the fat kids here so it really doesn't bother me. Haters gon' hate etc etc
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:21:25 pm by Rhade »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »
Yeah, I photoshopped my epic war face onto a picture I found for maximum rape.

People stalk me and find pictures of me like it's a bad thing, but idk, I think I'd say I look better IRL than 95% of the fat kids here so it really doesn't bother me. Haters gon' hate etc etc
Yer photoshop skills are ... lacking.
Take that layer yer head is on...
shrink that head better
adjust colour to better match the rest of the body.

alternatively, send to someone.
Good idea though!
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:24 pm »
Yer photoshop skills are ... lacking.
Take that layer yer head is on...
shrink that head better
adjust colour to better match the rest of the body.

alternatively, send to someone.
Good idea though!

The whole point of it was for the picture to be extremely obviously photoshopped, adding to the lulz. It wasn't a serious tryhard picture, it's a funny picture lol

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2011, 11:42:32 pm »
I absolute agree Phew, but somebody tell me why is my destrier so useless in turns ?  :)
And why I can not charge pikers with it ?
Do I really have to make a champion sumpter horse to have a decent horse, with proper stats and an affordable riding requirement ?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2011, 11:47:20 pm »
I absolute agree Phew, but somebody tell me why is my destrier so useless in turns ?  :)
And why I can not charge pikers with it ?
Do I really have to make a champion sumpter horse to have a decent horse, with proper stats and an affordable riding requirement ?

Troll.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2011, 12:54:16 am »
Sometimes I feel like you Phew, I can't block well (but I like to think I'm always improving a bit) so I suck in most situations 1vs1, specially if the enemy is a shielder (not only because he can block better, but rather because I can't judge fast which side is he going to hit with the sword).

This game has a very good community, I think only one time someone has said "Damn you spammer" to me or something like this. I asked him: "Why do you say that? Did I do something strange?" And he even replied "No no dude, I was just angry with me, not your fault".

There are always bullshit in games, try not to bother that much!. You'll make a very good player even if you don't manage to kill/survive properly if you have a grasp of tactics, try to be useful in maps, and so on. And even if you think you'll suck forever, well, you'll suck less with time. But there is going to be better people than you. Don't expect to be one of the guys on the top of the scoreboards forever, because that's almost impossible unless you dedicate a lot of time and effort.

There are a lot of guides there if you want to improve a bit on blocking, my advice is to go to nditions server (native) to play against bots, of if you think that's not needed, a bit of duel servers.

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2011, 01:15:07 am »
I call everyone a spammer. =)

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2011, 02:05:07 am »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000883/

+1 :)

Rhade I disagree with you on one thing, and thats about the absolute significance in the connection between man and stars.
 Humans exist at all because stars do. All iron and heavier elements were/are formed in stars. The iron in hemoglobin is little bits of star. We are alllll star chitluns, bits of star dust coursing through our veins.

This next part is just my opinion about 'talent' so don't read it unless you wanna.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:29:05 am by Rextard »

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2011, 03:05:23 am »
I pride myself on my ability to kick a spammers ass... But honestly, if you don't parry and we (And by we, I mean the collective group of whoever goes 2h) do, and they want to be an ass about it, there is only one thing to do. Piss them off even more.   :)
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2011, 03:44:06 am »
A lot of people take this game very seriously.  When I play archer they constantly say mean things and it makes me feel real bad.  I can't play for 5 minutes without hearing about how archery takes no skill.  I worked hard to get what meager shooting and running away skills that I have.  And then they just say that it isn't skill and that anyone could do it even better.  Just point and click adventure they say!  But it's more than pointing and clicking, because people zig and zag around and it can be hard to point on them.  The worst part is that when I play poorly they say I suck and when I play really good they say I really really suck! 

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2011, 04:29:04 am »
A lot of people take this game very seriously.  When I play archer they constantly say mean things and it makes me feel real bad.  I can't play for 5 minutes without hearing about how archery takes no skill.  I worked hard to get what meager shooting and running away skills that I have.  And then they just say that it isn't skill and that anyone could do it even better.  Just point and click adventure they say!  But it's more than pointing and clicking, because people zig and zag around and it can be hard to point on them.  The worst part is that when I play poorly they say I suck and when I play really good they say I really really suck!

The issue, if you actually read the thread, that I have with players like you is that you take the easy way out and don't care to really improve or strive at all.

You simply circumvent the system that requires the most skill and take the easy path with no intent to risk or challenge yourself at all (running away from melee at all opportunities).

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2011, 04:35:26 am »
The issue, if you actually read the thread, that I have with players like you is that you take the easy way out and don't care to really improve or strive at all.

You simply circumvent the system that requires the most skill and take the easy path with no intent to risk or challenge yourself at all (running away from melee at all opportunities).

Complete fail on Sarcasm detection...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2011, 05:15:06 am »
Complete fail on Sarcasm detection...

It's text.

I was just being sarcastic, too, so you're actually the one who failed on sarcasm detection.

Got em.