Author Topic: Chill with the elitism please  (Read 11226 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: Chill with the elitism please
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 04:34:04 pm »
Did a member of Chaos, one of the top five egotistical clans of all time, just +1 this thread?

What's that supposed to mean!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:20 pm »
+1 - but actually: let the l33t kids boast their skillllllz, ignore them, mute them, if it becomes too annoying, and kill them whenever the opportunity is there...  ;-)

Usually they have just a fast comp, a fast line/low ping, and play all day - no wonder they top the boards.

I play on a dead slow machine, have 200 ping on good days, 300 on bad, therefore can't block shit without a shield, and still have a hell lot of fun and sometimes even decent results... ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »
+1 - but actually: let the l33t kids boast their skillllllz, ignore them, mute them, if it becomes too annoying, and kill them whenever the opportunity is there...  ;-)

Usually they have just a fast comp, a fast line/low ping, and play all day - no wonder they top the boards.

I play on a dead slow machine, have 200 ping on good days, 300 on bad, therefore can't block shit without a shield, and still have a hell lot of fun and sometimes even decent results... ;-)

What a crock Hirlok! I spend half my time on the siege server taking cover from your arrows!

The other half is spent pulling those arrows out of my armor.

I have a pos computer, too. Ping is alright for me though. Makes melee a bitch, but I refuse to be a ranged butt.

*koff koff*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
lol Dex - you are actually one of the less annoying ones... ;-) And always happy to decorate your armor with some feathers... harrharr...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »
Aye, Dexx is actually one of my top favorite players for attitude, always brings extra fun (when he is not admin abooze via fog).  :P
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 05:23:50 pm »
Man if you cant chamber block ten people atacking you at the same time and spin trust them in the face while doing that you totaly suck and should uninstall this game because you are ruining the gameplay experience for others by sucking so much.  :rolleyes:
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »
I'm way too good to be seen in a thread like this.

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »
Thanks for saying what a lot of us feel. I played M&B about a year ago, got Warband but tried multiplayer maybe once, and started with crpg in February when bed-ridden for a week. So, I'm way behind the learning curve but am figuring things out.

I've found the community a little difficult regarding us new folks for all those reasons you've mentioned. I had was told to F-off when taking a ladder to a spot I've always gone to and someone in heavy armor wanted to be first on it. The internet culture of being terrible human beings is pervasive everywhere, but more so in this game to me anyways. I've muted most the chat as it gets rather revolting.

Gaming is so dependent on how long you've played therefore having an elitist attitude means you've done nothing with your life and time other than play a video game which has no value anywhere except in wasting time.

This game by far has the most complaining I've ever seen with more yelling at each other than working together. Must be a result of the past decade's "reality" TV programming.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:00:40 pm by AzureSkys »

Offline Mokkal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mokkal
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 06:23:19 pm »
This game by far has the most complaining I've ever seen with more yelling at each other than working together. Must be a result of the past decade's "reality" TV programming.

Cool idea, find something you dont like then blame it on something else you dont like totally random.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 06:46:57 pm »
^Thats why the other day when I joined a team with the searaiders on it I rejoiced because they usually make good use of teamwork and tactics and its nice to see. :D
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 06:56:08 pm »
If you don't feel like trolling the elitist idiots (which should be easy when they are QQing about you) then just take it as a compliment.

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 07:49:03 pm »
Cool idea, find something you dont like then blame it on something else you dont like totally random.

I didn't articulate that point well, sorry for the disjointedness. I'd just watched a History Channel show I thought would be interesting but rather it was all over-hyped drama repeating all the lines where the guys involved yelled at each other rather than really showing the industry and work they do. It was then fresh on my mind. So many of these shows have been on now that all we see are people screwing each other over, screaming at each other, and twisting things to make drama where there is none. Thus, it seems to be a common theme in any medium whether TV, games, or what not.

I guess I'm old or old fashioned, but it just seems that folks are so quick to get bent out of shape over simple things and jump immediately to furious-mad-insulting-everything-from-your-dog-to-your-mother mode. I've not played many multiplayer games in some while, so I guess I'm just not used to how things are now.

Still love the game, though, and much respect to those I've seen who play it well.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »
You're all scum.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2011, 08:11:58 pm »
"Killing 'elite' players with spam is the most fun a girl can have... '

+1

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHA
sorry
that is really funny if it is true.

Just another troll attempt.

Gaming is so dependent on how long you've played therefore having an elitist attitude means you've done nothing with your life and time other than play a video game which has no value anywhere except in wasting time.

So tired of hearing this.

How is it that people have been playing since beta, and are still absolutely terrible? How is it that I have seen players start playing and not even a week later are destroying entire servers? It's talent, a certain set of base attributes about a person (timing, reflexes, critical thinking, ability to work under pressure) that sets them apart. You can spend your entire life working at singing but you'll never be a recording artist if you don't have the talent.

Yet people who fall short of being elite love to beat up on those who are by throwing the "you're good so you must play a lot" line, therefore vindicating their own shortcomings because it simply can't be because they just aren't good.

Despite what some might think, I'm not an asshole or a mean guy at all, I'm a real chill guy and like to game with my friends. I just tell it straight, and honestly, people have just as much of a right to ask you to stop embracing being mediocre as you have a right to ask people to stop being elitist. It's two sides of the same coin, and I don't think you'd appreciate me making a thread asking the community to stop welcoming mediocrity in gaming with open arms. Not trying to attack you or the OP, but if you think about it the two positions are two sides of a different coin -- one isn't right, one isn't wrong, but if you validate one you have to yield to the other's validity as well. Just let people play; if you want to be average and just be accepted for that, then let the "raging elitists" play how they would like to play without condemning them for it, either.

I know this may surprise you, but I know some guys who play on absolutely terrible machines with ~130 ping and absolutely wreck people after only a few weeks of playing, so I'm sorry, but your excuse of "I don't have an amazing computer and 2 ping and play all day, or else I'd be t3h best!" doesn't really work.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:43:42 pm by Rhade »