Author Topic: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.  (Read 19290 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 12:09:51 am »
So essentially the bows/xbows most designed for long ranges with higher shoot speed are also the most inaccurate at those ranges (unless of course you use the glitch of shooting just before the reticules reach their smallest size and releasing (so no shots tracking opponents) and it will shoot dead on straight everytime, which is much easier with siege/heavy xbow or if you have low wpf, the longbow.  So the system favors glitching to get accuracy and those who use it legitimately are punished with randomized shots.
Does this work with throwing as well?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2011, 04:49:05 am »
God forbid.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
>_>
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:41:33 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2011, 08:42:57 am »
Does this work with throwing as well?

I think it works with all ranged, but the timing is easier the slower the draw speed (you want the second last shrinking point of the reticule as it goes down to its smallest size), so sniper xbow is the best and for bows the longbow.  Wasn't even an issue for archers except 13 powerdraw 1 wpf builds until the patch slowed down the draw rate.  I don't use it myself though i tried it a couple times to see if it worked and it worked with both sniper xbow and longbow (post-patch), with longbow you can often get the same effect by just clicking once and not holding down the mouse key to aim so it just fires off as soon as the bow is drawn in dead center of the reticule.  The problem with throwing right now is the draw rate is the same as archery was pre-patch if not faster so your timing would be really tough to pull off.  The point was that people using that glitch were not really benefitted before (except 1 wpf xbow users who still are), but now with bows BOTH with a slow draw speed and a bad tendency to veer off at an angle within the reticule, those people having practiced this a lot can shoot far more accurately than legitimate uses of the bow and with higher powerdraws.

All I am requesting is that we get rid of the randomization factor for archery so that is shoots like how the xbows currently shoot.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2011, 08:50:20 am »
Great idea educating people in how to do it -.-

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2011, 10:23:18 am »
Oh, and yeah it is really fucking hard for throwing, thank the heavens.
I really hate the glitch when used by xbows with 1 wpf, but let's stop and think about this for a second.

Scenario: You are really far away, running. You get shot and die to a headshot from someone using the accuracy exploit.

Ok. Let's examine this a bit. A person had perfect timing, perfect prediction on your movement, and perfect aim, calculating the exact drop amount to hit your head.
He didn't make a mistake in ANY one of those, if he did, he would have missed. It is literally the most skillful the shot could be.

Oh, and if they are anything close to mid range? If you try to hit a fancy timing window you are not only an asshole, you're a dead one.
If it does hit? Your still an asshole. Don't exploit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:25:02 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »
Ok. Let's examine this a bit. A person had perfect timing, perfect prediction on your movement, and perfect aim, calculating the exact drop amount to hit your head.
He didn't make a mistake in ANY one of those, if he did, he would have missed. It is literally the most skillful the shot could be.

More likely:

Scenario1: (Battle)
Round begins both team start... every ranged player shoots into direction of the other team.
Accidently some people got hit cause it was hard not to hit anything in this moment.
People start camping and shoot 5-10 Bolts with 1WPF at each other. One of those again hit by accident the enemy´s head... probably because you missed the target you where aiming at.

Scenario2: (Siege)
Ladder-> 0wpf crossbow -> shoot down -> profit :P

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2011, 06:01:03 pm »
Meh, Miley has proven to me many times that she can blow my head off with a 1 wpf crossbow and regularly... urksome when I have 154 wpf or more with an heirloomed bow... and being outshot by a dedicated 2her  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2011, 07:41:10 pm »
Meh, Miley has proven to me many times that she can blow my head off with a 1 wpf crossbow and regularly... urksome when I have 154 wpf or more with an heirloomed bow... and being outshot by a dedicated 2her  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats kind of the point, by nerfing regular legitimate archery and xbowing, the glitching use became far more viable.  The  2 slot item patch should help a lot against these hybrids, but it would be nice if 1 wpf uses of weapons had a bigger nerf to damage than just doing 85% (not sure if true with other than melee weapons) of full damage like maybe only 50% of base damage.  The reason i even mentioned it is that at this point its actually rather prevalent so a significant population knows and uses it and maybe it something that can be programmed out in the next patch.  I am kind of tired of fighting against non-dedicated masterwork sniper xbow users that can pinpoint shot 1-2 shot kill me (and yes its actually more accurate than normal, you don't need absolutely perfect timing especially with slow weapons like longbow and sniper xbow) and when I tested it on the longbow and sniper xbow its similar to Horse archery with that almost magnetic curve to the nearest target, which makes it more accurate than a traditional archer.  I don't use it because I think it removes a lot of skill which is a fun part of cRPG, but I've seen the number of people using it steadily increasing since the patch (just observe their firing patterns), with entire clans using it with their xbow as a secondary 1 wpf weapon.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2011, 05:53:30 pm »
Funny thing. not only I can't use my fav 1h weapons with my shielder build.

Now I have only 12 ammo with my xbow... haha!

Good joke...

And it rains MORE often? Great!

Quitting cRPG. In no time.

Bye.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2011, 06:01:38 pm »
Funny thing. not only I can't use my fav 1h weapons with my shielder build.

Now I have only 12 ammo with my xbow... haha!

Good joke...

And it rains MORE often? Great!

Quitting cRPG. In no time.

Bye.
Use a hammer! There are a few 1h weapons that take no slots(like the hammer).
But yeah perhaps the Rhodok Sharpshooter build is official impossible now.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2011, 07:09:21 pm »
Great idea educating people in how to do it -.-

Maybe then it will become an issue and will be removed in the near future rather than be some under the radar exploit.

The glass isn't always half empty, man!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:42 pm »
Maybe then it will become an issue and will be removed in the near future rather than be some under the radar exploit.

The glass isn't always half empty, man!

Any bowmen who is worth his or her salt already found this by accident, unless you lump in the "dabblers" who experiment with the class only for a short time, or the lucky unobservant few (bless them).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2011, 12:03:57 am »
Any bowmen who is worth his or her salt already found this by accident, unless you lump in the "dabblers" who experiment with the class only for a short time, or the lucky unobservant few (bless them).

Thanks, i never noticed it and i did play an archer for 5 generations from gen1 and up. Im still having trouble making it work though :(

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2011, 04:22:01 pm »

I can name several decent to skilled archers/crossbowmen (including myself) that did not know of this patch.