Author Topic: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.  (Read 19392 times)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2011, 04:33:46 pm »
People that heirloomed sideswords won't be affected at all. A lot of people that heirloomed Barmace don't hybridize, so it won't affect the ones that just went pure 2 hander.

:mrgreen:

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
People that heirloomed sideswords won't be affected at all. A lot of people that heirloomed Barmace don't hybridize, so it won't affect the ones that just went pure 2 hander.

:mrgreen:

That is my point. It will not hurt anyone except for hybrids. And even that would be fine, but taking away shields from hybrid shielders is not fair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 04:50:17 pm »
They didn't take it away, now you can't use the best range in the game AND have a shield.

You want your shield, use a weaker crossbow.

otherwise you would use your shield to get to an optimal range position, then go to town using the best range weapon in the game. Effectively making you a super range tank, and if you can't understand why that should be changed then quit now and save everyone the grief of explaining it to you over and over again.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2011, 04:52:36 pm »
No.

Last night two separate individuals, both wearing heraldic mails with tabard I shot (without rain) at relatively close range twice in the center of the body with a masterwork sniper xbow and steel bolts, neither one died.  The first one I asked and he said he had 7 ironflesh.  Even with 7 ironflesh and 21 strength, that would require a 95 pierce weapon to have its damage reduced to less than 35 damage for him to have survived the 2 hits.  Considering how slow it is, its strange that the highest level xbow's damage actually is nowhere near what it says it is against even medium armor.

Also, is anything else coming out with this new patch regarding retirement or polearm stun or throwing??
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2011, 04:53:56 pm »
Well, the only real issue I see is that you can't even play the classic vanilla Warband crossbowman -- board shield, 1h and xbow. You have to have both a small shield and a weak xbow to make it possible to have those three item types and a stack of bolts. So that's kind of a bummer. I guess it's better than nerfing xbows outright, though.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:55:18 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2011, 04:57:20 pm »
In all honesty this patch will allow for the rebuffing of certain weapons since it would actually be a trade off.

Xbow was nerfed because of the WPF problem and because the xbow could be used with any other build.

Now you would have to be dedicated and have only the option of a 1h weapon so it would justify returning the weapons to their previous levels.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »
They didn't take it away, now you can't use the best range in the game AND have a shield.

You want your shield, use a weaker crossbow.

otherwise you would use your shield to get to an optimal range position, then go to town using the best range weapon in the game. Effectively making you a super range tank, and if you can't understand why that should be changed then quit now and save everyone the grief of explaining it to you over and over again.

That is not the case. If using weaker xbow with top shield is ok, so why using top xbow with weak shield and weak 1h is not OK. In close distance you are not ranged, you have to defend manually. That is why the wpf requirement should be added, not an artificial slot manipulation. 

I guess it's better than nerfing xbows outright, though.

i am not so sure...

In all honesty this patch will allow for the rebuffing of certain weapons since it would actually be a trade off.
Xbow was nerfed because of the WPF problem and because the xbow could be used with any other build.
Now you would have to be dedicated and have only the option of a 1h weapon so it would justify returning the weapons to their previous levels.

It will not mean buffing sniper xbows, c'mon, they will stay as they are. What will happen is limitation of the xbowmans' ability to defend themselves.....

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »
I play dedicated pure 1h build and use the elite cavalry shield exclusively and I do fine even in the thickest of combats.

So don't tell me that taking a shield other then the huscarl isn't enough for you.

Now the huscarl only goes to dedicated 1h fighters and not to hybrids, and the hybrids have to use other shields.

It only makes sense.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2011, 05:07:05 pm »
I play dedicated pure 1h build and use the elite cavalry shield exclusively and I do fine even in the thickest of combats.

So don't tell me that taking a shield other then the huscarl isn't enough for you.

Now the huscarl only goes to dedicated 1h fighters and not to hybrids, and the hybrids have to use other shields.

It only makes sense.

+ 1 I do not use huscarl as well. The problem is that I will not be able to use ANY shield.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »
These changes have just as much potential to ruin someone's favorite equipment as the addition of upkeep did. I hope that the decision to allow or not allow reallocation of heirlooms will be viewed with the same seriousness.

[17:57:42] <Templar_Casimir> im against heirloom reset
[17:57:50] <Templar_Casimir> people who loom side swords / bar maces should be stuck with them

Please stop using this sort of logic. A lot of equipment and playing styles that people do not consider overpowered would be affected by these changes as well.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2011, 05:16:46 pm »
... like Sniper Crossbow + 1h + shield (case of Erasmas, Harpag and many others), pure polearm cavalry with Polearm, Polearm and shield, etc.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »
+ 1 I do not use huscarl as well. The problem is that I will not be able to use ANY shield.

Don't take your sniper xbow than if you want your shield.

If you want your sniper xbow than you will just have to use a 1h sword only.

Middle of both, or best of one.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »
Last night two separate individuals, both wearing heraldic mails with tabard I shot (without rain) at relatively close range twice in the center of the body with a masterwork sniper xbow and steel bolts, neither one died.  The first one I asked and he said he had 7 ironflesh.  Even with 7 ironflesh and 21 strength, that would require a 95 pierce weapon to have its damage reduced to less than 35 damage for him to have survived the 2 hits.  Considering how slow it is, its strange that the highest level xbow's damage actually is nowhere near what it says it is against even medium armor.

Also, is anything else coming out with this new patch regarding retirement or polearm stun or throwing??

And i get one shoted by xbows wearing herladic transitional with 3 IF, i think its a speed bonus thing.
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »
Don't take your sniper xbow than if you want your shield.

If you want your sniper xbow than you will just have to use a 1h sword only.

Middle of both, or best of one.

In other words, you have to be a super melee fighter, with fabulous manual in order to be high tier ranged??? Where is the logic of that.... Many players use mainly xbows BECAUSE it does not require manual... 1h and shield is a set for me, and I can live with a low tier ones, it does not have to be (and is not at the moment) the best one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:28:31 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »
In other words, you have to be a super melee fighter, with fabulous manual in order to be high tier ranged??? Where is the logic of that.... Many players use mainly xbows BECAUSE it does not require manual... 1h and shield is a set for me, and I can live with a low tier ones, it does not (and is not at the moment) have to be the best one.

Yes. Deal with it, sucker. What do you expect? Shooting people with 80+ pierce damage from afar, then switch to a shield and backpeddal to safety? If you wanna be high tier xbowman, get some skills in melee so you can defend yourself with 1h.