Author Topic: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.  (Read 19331 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:30:52 am »
Hmm, 2 slots? I guess there is no reason to use the Warbow at all now, and just use the Strongbow from now on, what a shame.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 08:34:35 am »
Hmm, 2 slots? I guess there is no reason to use the Warbow at all now, and just use the Strongbow from now on, what a shame.

I dont see it as that much of a problem, if they dont want archers to have a melee weapon at all then i guess they will just start running all around the map or camp unreachable places even more than now.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:53 am »
How many archers in singleplayer do you see wielding 2H or Sword&Board?

Use 1H.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 08:38:09 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3911.msg70375.html#msg70375
aahh a censored thingy. Not sure if that is clever or an oversight.

Wonder if this will screw my pure polearm build of glaive + elegant poleaxe.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:03 am »

Use 1H.

That does nothing to fix the problem that my archer uses a heir loomed warbow, regardless of if I use a 1Her or a 2Her, I still lack the slots to use it, seeing as using just 1 quiver of arrows is insanity for an archer considering how fast you can chew through them.
1Her + Warbow = 1 free slot for ammo. *Shrugs*

In this case I will just pack the warbow, two quivers, and take out all of my PS and sink it into Athletics for future builds. Should induce a lot more rage for the enemy...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:35 am »
That does nothing to fix the problem that my archer uses a heir loomed warbow, regardless of if I use a 1Her or a 2Her, I still lack the slots to use it, seeing as using just 1 quiver of arrows is insanity for an archer considering how fast you can chew through them.
1Her + Warbow = 1 free slot for ammo. *Shrugs*

In this case I will just pack the warbow, two quivers, and take out all of my PS and sink it into Athletics for future builds. Should induce a lot more rage for the enemy...

Well I guess you'll have to spend your arrows more wisely now :)
Tbh I agree with the change, there's too much ranged going on as it is, even more on NA servers than EU (atleast from what I experienced). Making the stronger bows have only 1 ammo quiver reduces the amount of ranged "spam".

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 08:58:05 am »

Use 1H.

If thats what they were aiming for then making 2handed weapons take 2 slots would have done the trick, not the other way around.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:32 am »
So .. Sniper xbow + Great Sword = no more slots to get bolts ?

At least we'll get rid of the xbow/shielders

And I also support the throwing weapons taking 2 slots. I even wanted to be only 1 stack max but no one to second that idea :P (as if in real life people go in battle fields with 2 stacks of heavy throwing axes (8). Mini-Javs maybe , but 8 spears or 8 heavy axes .. bs ! :P

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 09:10:27 am »
Well I guess you'll have to spend your arrows more wisely now :)
Tbh I agree with the change, there's too much ranged going on as it is, even more on NA servers than EU (atleast from what I experienced). Making the stronger bows have only 1 ammo quiver reduces the amount of ranged "spam".
ya lets buff melee more, it takes alot of arrows to drop one avg guy... u can bring like 19 into battle, if u miss a few times(you will) your boned, the long bow seems even more useless...

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 09:13:14 am »
I don't see why everyone is freaking out. If you bring a Xbow into battle with bolts and a sword/1h why not just shoot off a couple rounds then pick up a fallen enemies polearm/2h when needed.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 09:14:44 am »
So .. Sniper xbow + Great Sword = no more slots to get bolts ?

At least we'll get rid of the xbow/shielders

And I also support the throwing weapons taking 2 slots. I even wanted to be only 1 stack max but no one to second that idea :P (as if in real life people go in battle fields with 2 stacks of heavy throwing axes (8). Mini-Javs maybe , but 8 spears or 8 heavy axes .. bs ! :P
one stack max is a bone head idea,  if its 2 solts all u can bring is a max of 8 axes, or 4 lances...  and i bet no one will do that. i hope there cutting the cost of lances since there nerfing them o.o
it went form 8 to 4, shouldnt cost 550 to fix, i mean it already has the highest STR needed in the game

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 09:18:16 am »
If thats what they were aiming for then making 2handed weapons take 2 slots would have done the trick, not the other way around.

I think 2 handed weps are taking 2 slots next patch. Some even 3.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 09:30:03 am »
If anyone wants details, you can just pm me, because I hate when people have no idea what is going on with their builds.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 09:32:20 am »
The slot change is about balancing hybrids, it's not a nerf. If you want to be a hybrid you simply have to choose between having the best ranged weapon+decent melee or having best melee+decent ranged. Or you find it fair that hybrids currently can have best melee+best ranged with no disadvantage at all?

I dare to disagree.

It is a nerf. And badly made IMHO. Yoy still can have sniper xbow + greatsword (only flamberge will take 2 slots afaik), but you can't have practice dagger + arena shield + heavy xbow. You can not have ANY shield with decent xbow. That makes decent xbows obsolete, due to the fact that xbowman/archers are not melee! They rarely use 2H weapon, and they need to divide wpf between 1h/2h and xbow, or in case of the archers, even powerdraw.

If you really want to limit the amount of weapons used at the same time, it may be easier to limit the total weight of weapons that can be carried. It is more natural and more intuitive.   

I dont see it as that much of a problem, if they dont want archers to have a melee weapon at all then i guess they will just start running all around the map or camp unreachable places even more than now.

+1 to that, Dear Sir. This will discourage any ranged to participate in melee fights.

Overall I think it will buff twohanders. Even more. Additionally, it means that upkeep did not do the job, obviously. Maybe it is to cheap to upkeep weapons now?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:43:02 am by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 10:21:48 am »
I dare to disagree.

It is a nerf. And badly made IMHO. Yoy still can have sniper xbow + greatsword (only flamberge will take 2 slots afaik), but you can't have practice dagger + arena shield + heavy xbow. You can not have ANY shield with decent xbow. That makes decent xbows obsolete, due to the fact that xbowman/archers are not melee! They rarely use 2H weapon, and they need to divide wpf between 1h/2h and xbow, or in case of the archers, even powerdraw.

All 2H will be 2 slots (even 1h/2h ones like Longsword), Flamberge will be 3 slots. Same for polearms, all at least 2 slots, longer ones 3 slots.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:22:57 am by Punisher »