Poll

?

yes
27 (56.3%)
no
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: [balance] buff cav vs cav while nerfbuffing buffnerfingly cav vs inf  (Read 4889 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: [balance] buff cav vs cav while nerfbuffing buffnerfingly cav vs inf
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 04:29:01 pm »
Lancers will of course be able to circle back and pick up their lance after dropping it, but this takes then out of the round for a while and can be a risky thing to try.
Depends, but often I can pick up a throwing lance I've throw right bellow me without stopping, it'll just take some timing and people can easily pick up dropped lances while riding fullspeed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »
Just add a chance for lances to break when couched, for the rest of the round. This should not apply to the great lance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:30 pm »
As a lancer using light lance my biggest problem in cav vs. cav engagements was forcefield protecting almost entire horse. When I try to dehorse Royans (one of best 1h cav) with side attack there was simply no place to hit  him, he even slow down to let me try, stop my horse and with one powerful strike dehorse me, this is called forcefield abuse and he is not alone. Not so long ago I fight him on ground he hit me to head and was able to inflict between 1/4 to 1/3 damage to my main how far it is from killing champy rouncey with one hit. So anyone colud explain to me  how are 1h capable with almost stopped horse inflict such brutal damage?

So if you want improve horse vs horse fight firstly remove forcefield. Shield on horse  already has lot of benefits.
And with lance damage nerf look also on 1h and 2h users because they do much more damage than lances actually do in much lower velocities. Even agi whores do not get such speed damage boost in comparable velocities.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 05:09:08 pm »
+1
The shield forcefield problem goes for inf too. Its plain shit that a cav shield protects almost the complete horse and you can't do anything against it.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »
Im not asking for anything (dont want old lance angle) , im just saying how it is... the example i gave was to show that with old lance angle lancers were eliminating shit loads of cav in beggining of each round, and only leftovers of that were going after inf. I think it was hard to stay on horse for new cav players and you really needed to play like this. And to stay on the saddle you had to deal with other lancers who would come for you. Now its easy to avoid cav threat for new cavalry players and who if not infantry will they kill ? Its common knowledge that there is a lot of unaware inf waiting to be killed. Sadly its all about numbers now not quality...

Oh and Dave

I also forgot to state that bump damage was significantly lower old days. You couldn't damage a tincan unless you were using a plated charger.

And thats why people were so upset about cav getting "all" their kills with bumps, saying we dont need weapons, that we cant use weapons etc. yeah bumps were insignificant back than hehe

Anyway you win Dave ok ? i dont know shit, lets leave it at here

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2012, 05:19:59 pm »

+1
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 05:31:03 pm »
The shield forcefield problem goes for inf too. Its plain shit that a cav shield protects almost the complete horse and you can't do anything against it.
But with current over accurate archers and xbowers it will be too easy to bypass even medium shields on infantry from very long distance.  I don't care about buckler users they should be shooted as without shield and take damage to wrists  when trying to block something with more than 3 weight.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »

Don't take it so serious. This is a discussion forum and there are no winners or losers, there are points of view. Some are better, some are worse. I'm just saying that there is no sense in changing cav before it gets reworked totally.

Offline GanForr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DenBitre
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_JeorHungryElk; Belfagor; WilliamBlackHawk
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 05:46:51 pm »
I've noticed a thing lately: when i dehorse a guy, i try to hit him when he can't defend himself, but even if i hear the cut sound, the horseman doesn't get hitted, or it does, but he doesn't show it. Why?
I love pewpew.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012, 05:58:35 pm »
I've noticed a thing lately: when i dehorse a guy, i try to hit him when he can't defend himself, but even if i hear the cut sound, the horseman doesn't get hitted, or it does, but he doesn't show it. Why?

You hit the dead horse instead of the rider
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »

You can hit dead bodies for short time after killing em, so if you dehorse a guy you might be still hitting the dead horses body if he is near it

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »
+1
i dont know shit

I can not agree more.

Also, buff cav, at the moment siege is full and Eu1 has ~50 players. Buff cav and in less than no time there won't be even 20 ppl on Eu1 at peak time and that's what we all want, right?  :rolleyes:

PS I forgot, buff ranged as well  8-)

PS2
In addition, I support horses taking bump damage as well as the inf they hit because this is probably the most obvious cav vs inf nerf there is.
This.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:02:52 pm by Falka »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2012, 07:06:33 pm »
You hit the dead horse instead of the rider

Ive been killed on the ground three four times this evening, you can defo hit people once they are dehorsed.
Turtles

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012, 07:10:34 pm »
Ive been killed on the ground three four times this evening, you can defo hit people once they are dehorsed.

ofc you can,  just gotta do the right angle so you dont hit the horses corpse first. best thing to do is wait till he is half way up and headshot him
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 01:42:39 am »

I know, I just explained to Ganforr why he seemed to hit the dismounted rider and why he didn't take damage. I always pike around the dead horse myself
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.