Poll

?

yes
27 (56.3%)
no
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: [balance] buff cav vs cav while nerfbuffing buffnerfingly cav vs inf  (Read 4870 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: [balance] buff cav vs cav while nerfbuffing buffnerfingly cav vs inf
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »
For shits and giggles I was running around with a great lance the other day, and it's way more effective at killing infantry than a thrusting heavy lance (IMO).  The only down side is that you're very weak versus cavalry, but I'm on a champ courser so it's not really much of an issue. The other downside is the cool down timer, if the enemy infantry is heavily engaged I can keep thrusting with my heavy lance every 3 seconds, whereas I have to wait 6-7 seconds with the couch timer, and I can't stay in the thick of combat, I have to make large circles and come back.

I honestly think it would be cool to see more great lance cavalry charges, and that would happen if you removed couching from the heavy lance.  I would be unhappy about it, but I would be fine at the end of the day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:23 pm »
I honestly think it would be cool to see more great lance cavalry charges, and that would happen if you removed couching from the heavy lance.  I would be unhappy about it, but I would be fine at the end of the day...
...but "Standard response to nerf request (feel free to re-use):  C-rpg will not be nerfing or buffing because you refuse to use teamwork or tactics.  Have a good day sir"...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »
...but "Standard response to nerf request (feel free to re-use):  C-rpg will not be nerfing or buffing because you refuse to use teamwork or tactics.  Have a good day sir"...

No shit guy...and I would strongly prefer it didn't happen (as I've said in the post you quoted and before on this topic), but I don't think it would hurt our class very much, and might even pave the way for actual cavalry charges (with great lances).  That would be epic. 

Notice the part you quoted of me saying "I would not be happy about it"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:18:28 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2012, 06:26:23 pm »
Notice the part about you saying you'd in the end of the day be fine with it and that cav great lance charges would be epic.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2012, 06:54:44 pm »
Yes, I'm able to play devil's advocate and find the silver lining in something, even if my base reaction is to shudder uncontrollably and throw my hands up in defense.

You will never win Zlisch, go back to building and stop debating with a highborn noble, I was bred for this.
 - Stolen from Macropussy