Author Topic: Unban SpookPalace  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Unban SpookPalace
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 01:18:53 am »
Chat abuse such as consistent harassment, slurs, hate speech, is all specifically against the code of conduct of the official servers that you need to oblige with if you want to play on them, rules set by the dev team of the mod who pay for the servers out of pocket.

Not really much to it.  Dude has been warned and muted endlessly and just because some people think "yeah whatever not too big of a deal" doesn't mean a lot of others might just not want to come back to cRPG if they experience nonstop vitriol in the chat on servers by the same people day in day out.

Spook isn't permabanned he just needs to write an essay about you know not being a dick all the time and maybe he and others posting here can realize that some people really would prefer not to hear nonstop awful things in chat on a daily basis, mute function existing or not.

And to say that its because he insulted admins that got him banned is a joke.  Do you realize how often we (trust me I know this personally) get insulted because our actions are magnified cuz like 50 people play this game and most seem to suffer from a kind of autism or simply love to troll?  I don't give 2 damns about Spook insulting me in game or on the forums.  That has nothing to do with server policy though, and with the amount of complaints and disruption Spook causes something had to be done.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:36 am »
Good riddance imo.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline jasonjay543

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: xX
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 01:41:42 am »
I agree, the thing with "bundle of sticks" is never going to stop, no matter how many bans are given out. Just cracking down on Spook is only going to escalate an argument.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 01:43:44 am »
The word "bundle of sticks" isn't on trial here.  A player with a long ban history who has ignored repeated warnings to cease or change his behaviour and has been the center of at least a dozen ban requests/incidents in the past 2 weeks is.

edit:  and it isn't a trial the corrupt admintatorship clearly just got "taken to school" one too many times by spook and had to ban him to preserve our kds
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Swagbath

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 01:44:49 am »
Spook is a dickhead.. he deserved to get banned

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 02:33:58 am »
To reiterate, he wasn't just trash talking one person. He wasn't just calling people "bundle of stickss" and leaving it at that.

This is the day's worth of logs I went through that resulted in his ban. Tears mentioned it before, Smoothrich summed up the situation pretty well. These are the things a player who has already been banned twice for chat abuse said in just one day on this game.

(click to show/hide)

edit: if you guys simply must discuss the ins-and-outs of this situation, post in this thread on the spam board. Stop making irrelevant posts here!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:41:58 am by Canary »

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 03:25:41 am »
wanting to have spook unbanned is not relevant to the thread entitled Unban SpookPalace?  :?

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 03:33:17 am »
i never understood why people just cant mute someone bugging them. so silly.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 04:09:39 am »
Look at all of these people playing devils advocate in this thread. I think the most important rule here that people are forgetting is the whole "common sense" clause that's the first thing listed in the rules. Spook has played for a long time and has built up a hefty reputation for being a chat abusing, vitriolic asshole. Theres nothing wrong with being highly opinionated, but when it gets to the point where you are constantly muted, warned and complained about by a vast majority of the player base then logic should dictate. Lets also not forget that it is incredibly hard to get banned from this game once for excessive chat abuse, let alone multiple times. This isn't a guy that just undermines a few admin decisions. This is a guy that undermines an entire community of players on a  daily basis.  As far as the mute button goes, this isnt some annoying kid who occasionally cries and  whines in chat when things don't go his way. This isn't even a farmer nate(a funny rager) we are talking about here. AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY shouldn't have to mute one person for the exact same reasons. If you really hate interacting with the community that much then god damn, just disable chat. The worst part is that spook is actually a very intelligent,grown ass man that's perfectly capable of making rational decisions and knowing right from wrong. He just chooses to be a stubborn troll asshole on a daily basis hell bent on pushing the envelope when it comes to abusing chat and pushing the buttons of the rest of the people in this community; only this time, he went to far and got hit hard for it. If anyone needs to write an apologetic essay, its this guy.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline raccoonlord

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 25
  • HoC_Raccoon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: HoC_Funesti_Equites, HoC_HeavyHitter_Monty, AND MANY MORE!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 04:39:08 am »
I never really had a problem with spook...at first. He would throw racist and homophobic comments here and their but I figured it was just trolling around. Then he continued to insult and provoke people for no reason. I was surprised at how easy it is to come up with a comeback to his "insults". As Bonesaw once said, "Your material is getting old" and it's true. He needs moar OC.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 04:49:25 am »
oh wow...

just read all the chat history...

wow

I usually love playing with spook because his insult normally don't fall for stereotype like that...

but that... it's just painful to watch... shit talk non stop for 2 hours... I mean big shit talk... if this guy said that in public (in canada) he could have been arrested...

I mean, it's Internet, ''bundle of sticks'' is sure gonna be used... but 2 hours of non stop bundle of sticks joke... please atleast get some originality!

RIP spookfan... our spook has destroyed his brain cell too much and has now regressed to mindless 10 years old CoD player...

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 05:31:42 am »
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING DIRECTLY RELEVANT TO SAY ABOUT THE PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE FOR WHICH SPOOK ISLAND WAS BANNED.

Saying "I like spook island he shouldn't be banned" or "I am glad he's banned" is not relevant information. We also do not need unrelated average Joe opinions about the rules put here.

I have linked a place where it is okay for you to voice those opinions, so go there if you must say something.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 05:48:51 am »
I was there during the trolling, as evidenced by the chat logs.

While what Spook said is "Technically" against the rules, you have to look at intent as well as popular culture. I think the thing he is MOST guilty of if anything is spam.

Saying "bundle of sticks" does not equal homophobic speech. The term, which I do not use myself, is something that has been morphed to mean something similar to "Sissy nerdling" in not such a serious tone. Fuck is also a word that gets tossed around a lot that has lost a lot of its meaning. Spook probably watches a lot of HBO or went to an inner city highschool.

I did not get the feeling that Spook was being intentionally abusive. I think that he was perhaps trying to be amusing while losing as a way to keep sanity. Spook usually uses great tactics and is a great asset to his team. He knows how to lock down objections. I think he was humorously exaggerating his anger, in the same manner as a Chris Rock standup act or that Jewish guy with the weird voice. Taken out of context by someone who really doesn't know Spook I can see how the language is bad. Spook hates on my clan a lot. He always calls us out and insults us. KUTT was rolling deep during these logs, and none of us felt like he was being intentionally abusive towards anyone, homophobic, or trying to break the rules. I think he was having a good laugh and trying to make others laugh.

I think that if Spook were to offer an apology and promise to scale back some of the harsh language, for those of us who have delicate sensibilities, that would suffice?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:57 am »

(click to show/hide)
Seems like totally normal NA chat to me.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 06:33:13 am »
(click to show/hide)

Blatant, literal homophobia. It's not just the one word, Tugboat.

There's also the insistent "baby dicks" and "inbred" comments. The problem is that it's constant trolling of not only the entire server, but singling out anyone who tries to call him on being a prick for doing it. The fact that it's done using some of the most offensive and/or insulting language possible is almost besides the damned point. I refer you to the following:

No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)