Author Topic: Unban SpookPalace  (Read 3093 times)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
Re: Unban SpookPalace
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 08:40:09 am »
(click to show/hide)

Blatant, literal homophobia. It's not just the one word, Tugboat.

There's also the insistent "baby dicks" and "inbred" comments. The problem is that it's constant trolling of not only the entire server, but singling out anyone who tries to call him on being a prick for doing it. The fact that it's done using some of the most offensive and/or insulting language possible is almost besides the damned point. I refer you to the following:

I do think it is sarcastic in nature, but I understand this is the most recent of many chances he's been given. I think if we're going to treat Spook's harassment this harshly we should treat all harassment in a similar manner. Yes Spook's harassment was spammy in nature, but I think a personal attack against ANYONE regardless of who it's from should be treated the same or it's just going to continue. I don't know why we're trying to teach Spook a lesson while others can get away with it at the same time if they don't do it quite as often as him. Unacceptable behavior should be unacceptable for all with the same consequences across the board. This isn't LA or Boston or my home town, all should be treated fairly by the law.

Offline Aiyasha

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Free Spook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Groovy Ghoulies
  • Game nicks: Aiyasha
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 10:19:28 am »
You're not going to convince them to unban him by arguing about it here. Your efforts are better spent elsewhere doing something different. Canary has made up his mind and you're not going to change it through semantics.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 01:40:02 pm »
I do think it is sarcastic in nature, but I understand this is the most recent of many chances he's been given. I think if we're going to treat Spook's harassment this harshly we should treat all harassment in a similar manner. Yes Spook's harassment was spammy in nature, but I think a personal attack against ANYONE regardless of who it's from should be treated the same or it's just going to continue. I don't know why we're trying to teach Spook a lesson while others can get away with it at the same time if they don't do it quite as often as him. Unacceptable behavior should be unacceptable for all with the same consequences across the board. This isn't LA or Boston or my home town, all should be treated fairly by the law.

The server guidelines for behavior contain several grey areas that require human judgement and common sense. We won't be making them black and white and robo-responses simply because Spook has made a spectacle of himself. I don't think you quite understand how very difficult it is to receive a permanent ban in this community. Even now he hasn't been permanently banned. This is not something that can result from a single or couple of Admins having a vendetta.
I'm happy that we appear to have a single united front as NA Admins. That is how we want it. But you really have no idea of some of the heated arguments that can take place over decisions and guidelines for behavior.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 02:03:04 pm »
Smart or not, you dont go hours and hours shittalking without consequences.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 03:39:02 pm »
This whole thing is silly. Spook doesn't team wound or break any rules that can ACTUALLY affect you. You can always ignore the chat or even mute spook.

I have called people bundle of stickss endless times, I have even called a couple things even more offensive. Yeah, boooOOOOOOooooo, language! It is scary!

I don't buy into the whole "mods do it to protect their asses" though, especially people like Canary and smoothrich who I deeply respect. Still, seriously guys, this is rediculus. Words are meaningless. People can ignore them and if they don't, their bloody problem. Maybe you could argue that he spams the chat with useless shit, but then the logical conclusion is to ban all irrelevant chit-chat that is roughly 90% of the actual chat.

And I won't even go to the territory of what is "offensive", which is completely meaningless. People can get offended by anything. Muslims are offended by penises that look like Allah, Christians are offended by homosexuality, homos are offended by Christians, Turks are offended by Greeks and visa versa.

You tell him he should write 500 non offensive words? Well, tough luck, not many words are not offensive to EVERYONE. Maybe he shouldn't mention evolution or dinosaurs either?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »
Spook doesn't bother me personally, but I see why he was banned.

People are looking at this the wrong way. He wasn't banned for his language. He was banned for creating a hostile environment, especially for new players.

It's not that he's making negative comments, it's that he never stops making negative comments and will mercilessly target individuals in the server.

Mods really need to lock this thread.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 05:03:25 pm »
Quote from: Canary
If you would like to continue playing, you must complete an unban essay consisting of "500 words that aren't offensive." We're not convinced you can do that without being sarcastic or accusatory.

Link for Discussion
I have linked a place where it is okay for you to voice those opinions, so go there if you must say something.

Locking Thread Spook can post a new Topic for his Unban Essay.

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars