Author Topic: Whack A$@ Zashi?  (Read 9412 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Whack A$@ Zashi?
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:01 am »
Its still not a term that design Japaneese people.

Its like calling someone who loves ponies too much a Ponymy old friend, you are insulting the person, not the thing the person likes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 12:14:16 am »
Except weeaboo doesnt design japaneese people, for fuck sake, and Japaneese is a nationality, not a race.

I'm guessing you mean "define Japanese people"?  That's why I said "How do you know they aren't Japanese".  And you are referring to a debate that will never be solved with the argument about races vs nationality etc.  What is defined by the UN is this:

"In this Convention, the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/cerd.htm

Not sure why I had to explain this.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 12:29:48 am »
No no no no

Person A is a white person from America, likes manga a lot and go on saying Kawaii and random Japaneese thing that barely make sense, he/she/it is weeaboo.

Person B is a Japaneese person who just happen to to like his/her/its own culture, it is not a weeaboo.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2012, 12:49:28 am »
What if person A is from Europe?  We had the exact same thing back when everyone was immigrating to America from Ireland, China, etc.  They loved anything "American" when they came over.  And the people that had more "time in" hated them.  The same thing, rinse repeat with other nationalities, Italian, German, Japanese, Filipino, etc.  But it wasn't racist at the time right?   :rolleyes:  We shouldn't hate any group of people who like a culture or nationality.  I'm sure if the "weaboos" were able to they would immigrate and become Japanese.  But they can't just show up on the shore like they used to.  Am I wrong in this stance?

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2012, 01:03:21 am »
Person country of origin is irrelevant, so is the sex and all that, weeaboo doesn't say Japaneese culture is shit, just the people being dumb about it.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:28 am »
+1
For as long as I could remember I loved Medieval stuff.  I don't go to any renaissance fairs or anything like that but I really enjoy English style Medieval warfare and have a deep appreciation for it.  I don't see Europeans giving me a hard time specifically for that reason and nerfing the shit out of English weaponry just to spite me.  You can have dislike for weeabos, I just don't see any grounds for nerfing the weaponry for the specific reason that you HATE them.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2012, 01:51:37 am »
+1
Stop derailing the topic, this is a serious thread with a serious issue - there are other threads for you to go and be wrong in.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2012, 04:18:54 am »
+1
For as long as I could remember I loved Medieval stuff.  I don't go to any renaissance fairs or anything like that but I really enjoy English style Medieval warfare and have a deep appreciation for it.  I don't see Europeans giving me a hard time specifically for that reason and nerfing the shit out of English weaponry just to spite me.  You can have dislike for weeabos, I just don't see any grounds for nerfing the weaponry for the specific reason that you HATE them.

You're not being a weeaboo about it, that is, being obnoxious about it, well unless you try to speak in ye olde English, walk around with a sword and challenge people, personally I don't care for japaneese weapons, they can do as they please, I'll stick with my Stabby.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2012, 09:39:57 am »
Good, now that's settled, can we get back to the matter of buffing this shitty ass steroid knife?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »
+1
Stop derailing the topic, this is a serious thread with a serious issue - there are other threads for you to go and be wrong in.

Listen to this wise post !

And no I will not put any smiley so you will forever ask yourself whether this post is sarcastic or not.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »
+1
Just some strat prices.

Longsword 85

Wakizashi 96

.... GF.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:43:08 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2012, 05:31:37 am »
This is pretty funny.  The goalposts are at about the thousand yard line, now.  "The wakizashi's balanced."  "Ok, it's imbalanced, but they're paying for style."  "Ok, they're not so much paying for style, as paying for Japanese stuff."  "Ok, fuck Japan, Japanese stuff, and people who like Japanese stuff, but I'm not racist."

The wakizashi is stupidly overpriced and you're racist.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2012, 04:07:27 am »
+2
I do not use Jap armors or equipment on any of my characters, have never owned any at any point in my career, and do not plan on ever owning or using them in the future. That said, I still think the Wakizashi should have either its stats, price, or slot usage adjusted for the reasons Auphilia noted in his original post. As chadz said here (http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/crpg-status-and-plans/msg522883/#msg522883), these arguments about the real life availability and usage of the Wakizashi are secondary to the function it is meant to occupy in game, and, in its current implementation, that function is unclear. There is little point to using it in its present state if you are concerned with efficiency, and its high cost makes it excessively punitive for someone who's just carrying it because they want to complete a look.

If this is the result of a simple oversight rather than an intentionally poor design choice, then I would recommend the developers consider either reducing its cost and remove its ability to block in order to bring it in line with something like the Long Dagger (another item used for cosmetic purposes), or improve its stats so that it is a more viable choice for actual combat. 

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2012, 04:44:35 pm »
This is pretty funny.  The goalposts are at about the thousand yard line, now.  "The wakizashi's balanced."  "Ok, it's imbalanced, but they're paying for style."  "Ok, they're not so much paying for style, as paying for Japanese stuff."  "Ok, fuck Japan, Japanese stuff, and people who like Japanese stuff, but I'm not racist."

The wakizashi is stupidly overpriced and you're racist.
This guy got no infamy, fucking cute as hell. <3
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »
This guy got no infamy, fucking cute as hell. <3