Author Topic: Whack A$@ Zashi?  (Read 8950 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Whack A$@ Zashi?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 10:34:29 pm »
If they are the same, equip a nordic short sword with your katana then.

Offline PaulD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »
+1
"but teh styles donut match!"

Although I think it is kinda silly that such an overpriced piece of crap would even be put in the game

Maybe give Wakazashi 1/2 the price and +1 swing damage?

Then again, I don't ever plan on using this thing and people who use it tend to get killed like retards anyway, so devs can do whatever they want with it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:44:50 pm by PaulD »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:15 pm »
+4
It's the weeabooJapanophile tax. We make sure that weeabooJapanese items suck for their price, so that only hardcore weeaboosJapanophiles use them. WeeaboosJapanophiles should thank us for getting rid of cheap imitators.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 11:58:57 pm »
So you wear the wakizashi to help fit your theme. if you dont equip it, you will still look like a ninja.

If I want to look like a knight I wear gothic plate. In order to help my theme I wear a sallet with visor and iron greeves. Frankly, plate boots dont do much of anything for infantry, and 60 head armor is more then I need. But I wear it anyway to fit my theme. If I use rus cav boots and a kettle helmet I will just look like an idiot.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20:17 am »
Whoa whoa whoa wait a goddamn freaking second here mister weaboo

First of all the plate armor has extra plate on the bottom of the belly, thus, extra price.

Second the ''kingly'' is actually the cheapest? Why? There are only yellow/golden inlaids, no fancy coloroued gambeson over the mail, its directly plate on mail.

Third: Blue and Red dyes weren't that much of a pain to make either. And a gambeson is pretty darn cheap to have. So the 2 armors with gambeson shouldn't be that much more expensive than the mailed one, the blue one being cheaper than the red one due to the lack of golden decorations.

Now you could use that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermes_%28dye%29 as a source, but I doubt anyone would go around wearing something that pricey to go to war with.

So no, nothing to justify the better price, except perhaps higher quality textures.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 01:47:07 am »
So you don't think the wakizashi should be so over priced? I'm glad we agree then lol.

Also all of those armors I listed have the same stats. If you want to be realistic about the dyes and trim, then wakizashi should cost half or less than half as much as a katana, as it physically is about half a katana lol.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:37:03 pm by Auphilia »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 01:55:29 am »
I am just saying that your prices jump and assigning things to a ''king'' or a ''prince'' is wrong.

Personally, death to all weaboo yada yada*

*Except FCC ones, if they do exist.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 02:44:53 am »
+1
I assigned those because only someone very wealthy would ever wear something as ornamented as those armors to battle, or have them even ceremonial. Whereas a wakizashi was owned by peasants and should not have such a price increase based on it being "stylish" or for "nobility".

Also I was showing that for other items that have identical stats and yet different looks, the price difference isn't as drastic. So there is no real reason for it being so with a wakizashi.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 02:46:40 am »
+1
It's the weeabooJapanophile tax. We make sure that weeabooJapanese items suck for their price, so that only hardcore weeaboosJapanophiles use them. WeeaboosJapanophiles should thank us for getting rid of cheap imitators.

Even if this is true, you should decrease the cost of the wakizashi, and nerf it to shit if you want.

Offline Dr_Pockets

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dr_Pockets
  • IRC nick: Dr_Pockets
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 02:57:01 am »
+1
It's the truth.
Wakizashi are very over priced. They either need to be 1. Buffed(length, strength, speed) or 2. Made cheaper ( they are pretty expensive for their stats) 

Edit: If length requires a new model than make it stronger or faster. It just need some form of buff either stats or lower price
GG Spookfans

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 02:57:39 am »
Lenght buff is impossible unless there's a new model.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 04:36:14 am »
+1
Definately decrease the cost and/or increase the swing/thrust damage very slightly.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 01:43:27 pm »
+1
I must say  that i do agree with auphelia very much now. In my prior posts i only looked for a good approach to the problem.
And tbh .. regardless what other posts say about style price for armors , there is no single other example for style weapons (not armor) with this ridiculous price/stat relation.
The price should be reduced to somewhat meaningfull and affordable, otherwise this all makes no sense , since its just an unused piece of an item that can aswell be deleted from the item shop...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:00:07 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 02:08:38 pm »
+5
I must say  that i do agree with auphelia very much now. In my prior posts i only looked for a good approach to the problem.
And tbh .. regardless what other posts say about style price for armors , there is no single other example for style weapons (not armor) with this ridiculous price/stat relation.
The price should be reduced to somewhat meaningfull and affordable, otherwise this all makes no sense , since its just an unused piece of an item that can aswell be deleted from the item shop...
Torch is 10x as expensive as the club, while being slower and less damaging. Pays to look cool :(

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:43 pm »
+1
Even if you compare it to the torch (which gets effects that no other weapon in the game gets) a ~200 gold increase and a ~5k increase are two different things. If the wakizashi was flaming and could light up and look all magical, then sure let it be the price it is. At least that way people could simply troll with it until devs actually decided to balance it properly like other weapons. Also keep in mind that a torch is not really suppose to be a weapon, a wakizashi is. Comparing a cudgel to a torch is like comparing stones to smoke bombs. Smoke bombs aren't suppose to be used as a weapon, it is just for a fun effect.

So even still, there is no fair and reasonable argument for the wakizashi to cost so much with its current stats.

Another thing that should be made clear is that just because there are a few other odd end weapons/armors that have high costs based on stats, it does not justify why the wakizashi is so expensive with bad stats. If there are other poorly balanced weapons, then post about them until they are fixed. Every poorly balanced item shouldn't be ignored because there are multiple cases of it lol. What kind of reasoning is that?