Author Topic: Valour endless gold raining ...  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Valour endless gold raining ...
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2012, 01:01:05 am »
My +3 mil hammer does about the same damage on most armored targets as a greatsword, but I routinely find myself getting 1 point for hitting a medium armor target. Does "rounded down" mean if I deal 19 damage, I get only 1 point?

If i remember right, yes.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2012, 01:57:33 am »
+2
Valour is what makes it even remotely worth to play siege now, it rewards teamplayers and players who make a difference. Some people let chance decide if they gain multi or not, and others actively try to tip the scale. Who should be rewarded, do you think?

In my opinion, reward those who do exceptionally well.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2012, 02:18:52 am »
What bjord said before even if you gave it your best you would still get raped by upkeep now at least you make your income somewhat stable if your able to kick ass.  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 12:11:48 pm »
+1
Still siege should have some mechanics that actually reward fighting where its necessary. I was valour whoring on there and sometimes I made decisions to go somewhere to get more points, which wasn't good for our defense or offense. Proximity to the flag comes to mind. Or stop awarding points to defenders that are fighting elsewhere while the flag is being capped.

Getting high points is not really the same as being useful to your team yet on siege.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:46 pm »
+2
True, but I go where most enemies are, and that's usually our flag.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »
Still siege should have some mechanics that actually reward fighting where its necessary. I was valour whoring on there and sometimes I made decisions to go somewhere to get more points, which wasn't good for our defense or offense. Proximity to the flag comes to mind. Or stop awarding points to defenders that are fighting elsewhere while the flag is being capped.

Getting high points is not really the same as being useful to your team yet on siege.

While true, problem lies in siege mode mechanic, that is utter crap. BUT we know new siege will be soon (december 2010 if i remember right), so let's  just wait and see.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:10 am »
The new valour system is bloody boring.Its a endless gold raining system for people with the most looms  and playtime (damage ! + level).

Who benefits from new system?
24/7 , people with no job ...

Remove it or give us 1 day without looms per Week,
like the Melee only day long time ago ...
I just gave you +1 because that is one of the most weird avatars that i've seen in this forum and deserves to be seen more.
Don't rain -'s to that guy and don't make him leave this forum !
We need to see assbreast dude more often !

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2012, 06:41:00 pm »
+1
Its alot better than the last system were people were drawing out rounds in an attempt to get valor, like George Washington. What other measurable could/should you use to determine valor?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 08:59:50 pm »
I was playing siege earlier, and the team wasnt really going for the flag, just gang banging people as attackers (not much change there) and I began to play more to dmg people, hoping to get valour bcos I couldnt rely on my team to take the flag.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2012, 09:25:55 pm »
I was playing siege earlier, and the team wasnt really going for the flag, just gang banging people as attackers (not much change there) and I began to play more to dmg people, hoping to get valour bcos I couldnt rely on my team to take the flag.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Points for raising (as defender) or lowering (as attacker) flag ought to fix that on siege. Bit strange to reward damage but not assistance in completing the actual goal of the game.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »
+1
Points for raising (as defender) or lowering (as attacker) flag ought to fix that on siege. Bit strange to reward damage but not assistance in completing the actual goal of the game.

Yeah i had a similar thought. I also wondered if people were getting points for raising ladders because out of 20 people waiting to go up at least 4 walked over it several times and tried to raise it themselves.

Maybe it could just be some bonus for fighting near the flag eg 50% extra for damaging near the flag would be good but then for the close matches where most of the players are near the flag it might not work as intended.

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »
I only played siege once since the new score formula, didn't really pay enough attention to it - maybe some of these mechanisms are in place already? Will check it out if I get the chance. A bonus near flag could work although it would be a shame to punish defenders for holding points of strategic importance that AREN'T in the vicinity of the flag - if the score (and thus multi, eventually) is to be gained simply by fighting near the flag, well, it sounds a lot like some sort of an xp barn to me, something I believe the devs are trying to avoid. I think something more contextual would be better, but again, I'm not sure of what's in place currently.

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2012, 12:18:32 am »
Yeah i had a similar thought. I also wondered if people were getting points for raising ladders because out of 20 people waiting to go up at least 4 walked over it several times and tried to raise it themselves.

Maybe it could just be some bonus for fighting near the flag eg 50% extra for damaging near the flag would be good but then for the close matches where most of the players are near the flag it might not work as intended.
U get points staying in hot places, thats mean attacking or defending with the main group so its not a deathmatch if u want valor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2012, 05:45:58 pm »
I don't think siege needs special bonuses for ladders or flag area, the main reward is still team victory.

Sometimes it's smarter to be at a choke, not flag, adding weird incentives to be somewhere will skew this dynamic gameplay.

Yes some top players might think they can go for valor instead of team victory, and to do that they would wanna be in middle of heavy combat as much as possible, but if they don't get enough points, and then their team loses cuz they were on walls instead of at chokes/flag, they get nothing.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2012, 07:33:21 pm »
The main reward for most is team victory. I can get valour 50% of the time, if I really care to kill people.