Author Topic: Ranged are overlooked when calculating scores!  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Ranged are overlooked when calculating scores!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 09:31:20 pm »
Tiborur is always ontop of the scoreboards and he never uses anything besides a bow. Ofcourse he never misses an arrow too. I think the meleebuilds just give out more damage per round than archers. I think an archer makes like 6-7 hits per round. While a meleedude can run around and slash everybody whose back is turned in a messy fight  and many players make like 2 hits before getting gangbanged by a group of enemies. Some guys single slash is stronger than an arrow. Still I can see it being a problem thou.

And yes, headshots and cavalrycouches give out  little points.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »
+1
And yes, headshots and cavalrycouches give out  little points.

Headshots takes atleast some skill while Couches... well you know............................................

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 11:08:47 pm »
+1
just dont shoot from the other side of map and expect high point for that..

Lets see you reload an arbalest in the middle of a melee and see how many shots you get off before dying...

The problem is much worse for arbalest users than for archers I might add
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:24 pm »
The scoring system is a joke.  Proximity needs to be removed.  Why should some guy get points for just being close to someone who is doing well?  Often I see people with zero kills at the top of the scoreboard.  Doing damage is extremely overrated.  Putting a target down so that he can't fight back is much more valuable to a team.  Head shot points are currently a joke by the man to keep the archer down.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
+2
Doing damage is extremely overrated.  Putting a target down so that he can't fight back is much more valuable to a team.
Imagine two people fighting one guy. They are both trying to kill him. The first guy manages to hit him 3 times, the other guy gets the last hit. Should he be rewarded more, just because his hit happened to be the last hit? Same intention, does way less damage, but gets lucky and gets the last hit. Bra-fucking-vo!

Dealing damage is something you should be rewarded for, cause it is something you control. Whether it is the last hit or the hit before the last hit is not something you control, so you should not be rewarded for it. People are killhungry enough anyway, and the e-peen on the scoreboard is enough reason to kill for everyone apparently.

The scoring system is a joke.  Proximity needs to be removed.  Why should some guy get points for just being close to someone who is doing well?
Oh I don't know, maybe because the downblock you've been holding is the only reason why your teammate manages to kill him with a sideswing. Presence close to an enemy is a huge distraction to him and a huge part of teamfighting is helping your teammate getting the hit. Damn shame if I should stop effectively teamplaying because only kills get rewarded.

Often I see people with zero kills at the top of the scoreboard.
So? If anything kills are overrated. The new system is a lot better at showing who is actually valuable to the team compared to the kills list. It's just ranged that get very little points.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:17 pm »
+1
im ok with the score system, but if i shoot someone with my herobow over 300m i want more points. 8-)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 03:01:20 pm »
eu1 today :D:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 03:16:34 pm »
+1
k, remove kiting.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 03:22:57 pm »
Or 0 points for shots under 15-20 m.
And that was no kiting, that was the beginning of the round when we all charge into the village.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 03:32:40 pm »
+3
   The score system is just a silly way to make ranged people rage and respecc to melee chars. It's just another way to "balance".

I'm an arbalest/1h hybrid that spends most of his time meleeing like a berserking maniac and even like this only sometimes I have enough "score" to raise up, and get some random valour.

I mean, how can you explain that a guy with negative kills has more score than a guy with more than 10 kills? It's pretty pathetic.

(click to show/hide)

Another example of retarded scoring:

(click to show/hide)

From time to time I can get plus 200 score (siege-wise) from meleeing like a bitch, and might even get a lucky valour. But I can imagine the pure archer players pain these days.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 03:51:37 pm »
Kapikulu robinhood always top score,so you guys just sucks so bad at archery. Not fault of valur system.
You also play like cunts shooting ppl from far away,and then running away,you don't deserve valour.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 03:59:14 pm »
+1
Kapikulu robinhood always top score,so you guys just sucks so bad at archery. Not fault of valur system.
You also play like cunts shooting ppl from far away,and then running away,you don't deserve valour.

You Sir,

Do you really think its hard to top the score if you play with a mw Rusbow 8 athletics 9 weaponmaster and ultralight armor and you kite the fuck ou of your enemies AND your bodyguard arbalester is always arround you??? And now tell me we are the cunts and run away. You just fucked my day with your absolute fucking answer.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:18:49 pm by Deutschritter »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 04:18:44 pm »
+1
You Sir,

Do you really think its hard to top the score if you play with a mw Rusbow 8 athletics 9 weaponmaster and ultralight armor and you kite the fuck ou of your enemies AND your bodyguard arbalester is always arround you??? And no tell me we are the cunts and run away. You just fucked my day with your absolute fucking answer.
Robinhood is just as much of a kiting my old friend as you, happy?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 04:19:20 pm »
+2
Robinhood is just as much of a kiting my old friend as you, happy?
yes a bit more happy.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 04:27:45 pm »
+1
yes a bit more happy.
Then 1+ me please.