Poll

Should these changes be made? (M&B is a melee game not UT2K3)

Yes
13 (48.1%)
No
9 (33.3%)
Not sure
1 (3.7%)
I have an opinion
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: September 16, 2012, 09:17:43 pm

Author Topic: Balancing Range without nerfing damage (Mini textwall warning)  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Balancing Range without nerfing damage (Mini textwall warning)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 02:21:18 am »
+3
We should just buff STR archers so there is a reason not to be a kiting little bastard. As of now AGI archers do the same damage at range, are more accurate, run faster, so why ever go STR?

Then again, even after all this time people still use crossbows as disturbingly accurate 1wpf sidearms even after so many "fixes" so I sincerely doubt that this will ever be fixed in this game, this "imbalance" of range, due to people usually missing the point of what is actually causing imbalances and instead using bruteforce to apply a fix in the wrong spot.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 02:59:40 pm »
Have you ever, thought, or contemplated the idea, of getting a shield?
My fridge is my shield

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 03:06:03 pm »

As 2 Hander?  :lol:
I`m not a 2H to be forced to slow down myself with a shield so I will never reach that archers.
Besides this it uses 2 much points to get a good shield.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 03:15:26 pm »
this is what you say

As 2 Hander?  :lol:
I`m not a 2H to be forced to slow down myself with a shield so I will never reach that archers.
Besides this it uses 2 much points to get a good shield.

This is what i read:

bla bla because I am more than then bla bla I cry a lot  and bla bla  :mrgreen:
My fridge is my shield

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 03:23:33 pm »
+1
We should just buff STR archers so there is a reason not to be a kiting little bastard. As of now AGI archers do the same damage at range, are more accurate, run faster, so why ever go STR?
The disparity is ridiculous, but I don't think simply having STR archers do more damage than what they're doing now, is the best solution. Instead str archers should maintain their current damage, and other archers should lose damage. The last thing anyone should want, is archers able to consistently 2 shot most opponents. Buff those build's damage more and you're going to see that.

The reason why simply buffing str archery is so bad though, is that the crpg population has been taking a huge hit lately. I can't recall a time when there were this few number of people playing, and with this strat's mechanics, I can see no reason that it would do anything other than bring people back to crpg. Yet we still find days where NA_1, during prime time, only has 40(fourty) people playing. Ultimately the reason why people play crpg over native, is balance. Everything else crpg has to offer, you can pretty much get with another mod.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »
I did, but having a shield makes me way worse at dealing with archers.

This was not as a 2hander, not even a hoplite, but as a 1h. Shields are so useless now against ranged you're better off without them just because of the movement speed.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia