Author Topic: Please reconsider the balance on 2h use  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: Please reconsider the balance on 2h use
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »
+1
Earthforce is able to hiltslash and swing faster than the server can pickup and the char can block. It is quite impressive for a str build, but at the same time. This is a broken and frequently abused game mechanic by all 2h users. (They can also swing through walls if animation is started at the proper angle)
There is always time to block, unless the server is malfunctioning, your ping is really high, or you are suffering from packetloss, (unless you are thrust-stunned, in which case it's sometimes possible for the opponent to get a hit in before you recover).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:44:19 pm by Vodner »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 12:16:56 am »
+2
And the 2h stab is a need to counter cav. the 2h's doesnt have a nice long spear or any kind of pike like polearms do. So if people really want a cav-fest go for it! yes see what happens!
Wut? 2h's aren't meant to counter cav! They're not dynamite with rock, paper, scissors

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 07:08:37 am »
+10
Wut? 2h's aren't meant to counter cav! They're not dynamite with rock, paper, scissors
Absolutely everything should (soft) counter absolutely everything else, dependent on player skill. Rock paper scissors is a terrible way to balance anything.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 07:11:58 am »
Absolutely everything should (soft) counter absolutely everything else, dependent on player skill. Rock paper scissors is a terrible way to balance anything.

QFT
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 07:44:27 am »
There seems to be a lot of morons in this game confusion as to what hiltslashing actually is.  It's just using footwork to trick your opponent into swinging from the "wrong" side so your swing will land before theirs (if they fall for it).  If you don't want to be hiltslashed, read your opponent, or just block twice. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 12:54:52 pm »
+1
There seems to be a lot of morons in this game confusion as to what hiltslashing actually is.  It's just using footwork to trick your opponent into swinging from the "wrong" side so your swing will land before theirs (if they fall for it).  If you don't want to be hiltslashed, read your opponent, or just block twice.

No, it's where they use footwork to get the swing to connect as early in the animation as possible. The fact that it happens sooner than the weapon's speed would normally dictate makes it much more challenging to block.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »
Nerf kiting my old friendchers!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »
+4
No, it's where they use footwork to get the swing to connect as early in the animation as possible. The fact that it happens sooner than the weapon's speed would normally dictate makes it much more challenging to block.
Eh, to be fair, you both basically said the same thing. If I'm moving to my left while being on your right and I swing at you with a right swing at the same time you swing at me with a left swing of your own, if you don't properly have your screen positioned directly on me, my swing won't have to go through as many degrees to hit as yours will, thus you should have not used a left swing. Spa ghe tea is pointing out (in a horrible way about an already well known fact) that high PS allows you to hit earlier in your swing arc than you would normally be able to do, while maintaining full damage. So when you pair high damage with hilt slashing, you end up with an even more effective and easier to pull off, hilt slash.

By no means though, are these swings unblockable. Nor do they force you to block twice in a row. You only have to block twice if you made both a footwork mistake and a swing direction mistake. For example, there is no such thing as hilt slashing with two people that are completely stationary, regardless of the swing direction you choose. Edit: It could be possible in theory, but you'd basically have to have a 100 blunt weapon so that you could hit as early as possible in your swing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:14:35 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1138
  • Infamy: 2717
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 03:12:32 pm »
+2
Seriously, people, read the damn forums!

Hiltslash = will be "fixed" (dunno when)
Blocking while kicking = fixed in beta client
Chamberkick = already in game

Stop making useless thread, fix this/that, just give them time to implement the changes.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 09:27:42 am »

You just repeated what I said in different words.  Tydeus has it right.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rantrex

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • The only one person who is not cheating in crpg:
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 12:54:06 pm »
Hiltslash = will be "fixed" (dunno when)
Blocking while kicking = fixed in beta client
Chamberkick = already in game

I tought devs wanted to decrease number of archers... It seems they want 1v1 Inf. vs Inf. 10 mins. fights then.

If you are loosing against anyone, that's only your fault.
Stop cheating.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2037
  • Infamy: 1769
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 01:07:03 pm »
Changes will make it more risky than before.

Hiltslash fix won't remove hiltslashing, just make it less efficient (less damage for first half or third of a sword and blunt damage on poleaxes).

No block while kicking means that you won't spam kicks all the time, you'll have to wait for perfect moment.

Chamberkick is awesome. Yesterday, shielder was approaching me, I tried to kick him but he chamberkicked me. That was the first time I saw actual battle chamberkick, not counting fooling around.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:00:38 pm by Leshma »

Offline Rantrex

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 09:26:22 pm »
What's wrong with kick-spam? When you kick you can't block down side (rarely I can see ppl blocking that, I don't know why). That already makes fighting against fast-thinking enemies (I died from Saint and his flamberge after 3rd fail kick).

And normal kick stun only, when  c-kick atm makes a knockdown.
Stop cheating.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 09:44:48 pm »
What's wrong with kick-spam?
I take it you rarely get around to dueling with a 1her?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rantrex

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13:35 am »
I take it you rarely get around to dueling with a 1her?
You mean that 1h has problem with hitting kicking person? Well, If 1h can't outrange kick with thrust, player can always make step to the right (left not always working).
Stop cheating.