Author Topic: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition  (Read 63994 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition
« Reply #735 on: January 09, 2014, 05:19:17 pm »
+5
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 09, 2014, 05:34:04 pm »
A parody? That was literally animating key moments from the game with a response. Pretty cool as it is very recognizable, Blighttown ran smooth as silk for me by the way, even though I got a shit pc. Well I pirated it at first and friggin loved it so it deserved a buy. Now that I bought it my mouse doesn't get captured into the game anymore and I can't use my mouse. Yes, I play with mouse and keyboard and I did install the mouse fix and configured it the same way was before. My pirated install has the same problem now somehow. That's what I get for buying games, for fucks sake. Anybody happens to know how to fix it?

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #737 on: January 09, 2014, 06:03:09 pm »
+1
A parody? That was literally animating key moments from the game with a response. Pretty cool as it is very recognizable, Blighttown ran smooth as silk for me by the way, even though I got a shit pc. Well I pirated it at first and friggin loved it so it deserved a buy. Now that I bought it my mouse doesn't get captured into the game anymore and I can't use my mouse. Yes, I play with mouse and keyboard and I did install the mouse fix and configured it the same way was before. My pirated install has the same problem now somehow. That's what I get for buying games, for fucks sake. Anybody happens to know how to fix it?
buy controller, they are cheap.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #738 on: January 09, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »

Using DSFix? There was a hotkey there (F9 I think), that disables/enables mouse cursor.   (Also a HUD one, very nice.)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #739 on: January 09, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »
What a coincidence that this was bumped today. Re-installed and inserted my old savefile earlier today.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #740 on: January 09, 2014, 08:59:36 pm »
:D i think it deserved a ressurection, i was gonna play some today aswell.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #741 on: January 09, 2014, 10:53:30 pm »
Bought it on the Holiday sale for dirt cheap, already put in tons of hours on the PS3 version, got this one as well hoping to get some fun PvP done. Not many people online though  :cry:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 10, 2014, 12:35:12 am »
Bought it on the Holiday sale for dirt cheap, already put in tons of hours on the PS3 version, got this one as well hoping to get some fun PvP done. Not many people online though  :cry:

There was 4.7k people online on steam when I logged on. Sad thing is that GFWL is fucking up the PvP in this game making it harder to find people. And many of the guys playing are mostly doing PvP-ish things. Join the steam group, usually you find 12 - 16 guys there all doing PvP. Ask if anyone wants to fight / where they are at and you can get some PvP.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 10, 2014, 10:58:14 am »
I honestly prefer playing offline. Ornstein & Smough for example are a completely different beast when fought solo.

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 10, 2014, 11:01:50 am »
I honestly prefer playing offline. Ornstein & Smough for example are a completely different beast when fought solo.

True. Summoning sort of feels like a 'cheat'.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm going to try to play Dark Souls 2 'blind'. No wiki, no guides/hints and no summoning. This makes the game much more rage-inducing fun.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 10, 2014, 11:03:47 am »
Not sure if I'm going to get Dks2 on PC or Ps3. If the PC version is using steamworks it is pretty much a 100 % buy for me on the PC.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 10, 2014, 11:13:53 am »
True. Summoning sort of feels like a 'cheat'.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm going to try to play Dark Souls 2 'blind'. No wiki, no guides/hints and no summoning. This makes the game much more rage-inducing fun.

I actually tried doing this with Demon's then Dark Souls but the problem is that this is a surefire way to "fail" all the mini-stories with the NPCs and regularly miss important loot and lose fucktons of souls. Not using any help just feels like a huge waste of time to me, even though I try to keep it reasonable (i.e. I used it only when the other option was farming).

Not sure if I'm going to get Dks2 on PC or Ps3. If the PC version is using steamworks it is pretty much a 100 % buy for me on the PC.

The guys at FROM seem to be intelligent, I doubt they will allow GFWL anywhere near their baby this time.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 10, 2014, 11:17:27 am »
Yeah I also doubt they will be using GFWL, since Microsoft will shut it down soon anyway. Only reason Bandai Namco / From used GFWL was because it was the fastest way to get a multiplayer method into the game. And the devs. over at From had little experience in PC developing and Bandai sort of rushed it. They wanted to release it as fast as possible because people wanted it for the PC.

Offline Polobow

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 10, 2014, 11:29:32 am »
+1
I think they'll just stick to steamworks. Gonna miss the option of receiving fanmail though.

I actually tried doing this with Demon's then Dark Souls but the problem is that this is a surefire way to "fail" all the mini-stories with the NPCs and regularly miss important loot and lose fucktons of souls. Not using any help just feels like a huge waste of time to me, even though I try to keep it reasonable (i.e. I used it only when the other option was farming).

That's true. I'll see how it goes (PC by the way).

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:55 am »
Dont you play first playthroughs blind? Thats what i did then i started looking up other stuff like items etc for pvp builds.