Author Topic: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition  (Read 64609 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2013, 11:57:03 pm »
+1
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:59 am »
+1

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2013, 04:40:12 pm »
I just invaded some hacker who reset all my stats to 1 but not my soul level and for some reason DSFix backup saves was disabled.

GG

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2013, 04:42:11 pm »
I just invaded some hacker who reset all my stats to 1 but not my soul level and for some reason DSFix backup saves was disabled.

GG

Enjoy the REAL dark souls.

To everybody waiting for DkS 2 : if you have a PS3 buy Demon's Souls, it is slightly better than Dark Souls in many ways and also really harder.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2013, 04:46:29 pm »

GG

Damn that sucks, guess i'd better back my shit up or else this could happen to me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2013, 05:59:19 pm »

GG

And that's why I don't play online anymore.  GFWL is worthless and full of cheaters.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #606 on: June 16, 2013, 06:13:57 pm »
+1
And that's why I don't play online anymore.  GFWL is worthless and full of cheaters.

Scrubs can't handle the real dark souls experience

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 17, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »
Alright, I'm gonna make a new character now. I don't wanna remake a bodybuilder strength guy so I think I'll make a wimpy intelligence nerd sorcerer. Is the Moonlight Butterfly Horn worth getting or should I just wait until I get the Moonlight GS?

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #608 on: June 17, 2013, 05:47:07 pm »
To everybody waiting for DkS 2 : if you have a PS3 buy Demon's Souls, it is slightly better than Dark Souls in many ways and also really harder.

THIS. Demon's Souls > Dark Souls. Dark Souls was pretty damned good but provided nowhere near the same amount of fun as the first for me. I think they really fucked up the online component. The PvP in Demon's was soooo much better. I literally have 1500 or so hours logged on that game with about 75% of that time being PvP. It legitimately makes me sad that the online community is dwindling. Played it a month or so back and did a little PvP, the little I could find. Always fun invading people at SL15 with NG+ level gear and showing them the true difficulty that is Demon's Souls!  :twisted:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:56 pm »
Alright, I'm gonna make a new character now. I don't wanna remake a bodybuilder strength guy so I think I'll make a wimpy intelligence nerd sorcerer. Is the Moonlight Butterfly Horn worth getting or should I just wait until I get the Moonlight GS?

Both are good, but completely different weapons so whatever floats your boat, Greatsword or spear. Consider upgrading a painting guardian sword aswell, it has an S int scaling at +5, which is pretty damn nasty. Also dont forget obligatory Dark bead, one shots everything.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 17, 2013, 08:21:21 pm »
I played Dark Souls first and then went over to Demon Souls. I managed to complete Demon Souls in around 3 days with my strength based char. PvP in Demon Souls is fun but now only way to get some real action is to get into a fight club, luckily I got invited to a group who did PvP in 4-1 almost every day. Only thing that bugged me was that you lost a soul level when a summoned red killed you, or you died as a summoned red. Unlimited "mana" due to old spice and the second chance sort of just made it a bit more "meh". But non the less it was a fun experience.

Still prefer Dark Souls over Demon Souls in almost every aspect of the game.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #611 on: June 17, 2013, 08:56:15 pm »
I played Dark Souls first and then went over to Demon Souls. I managed to complete Demon Souls in around 3 days with my strength based char. PvP in Demon Souls is fun but now only way to get some real action is to get into a fight club, luckily I got invited to a group who did PvP in 4-1 almost every day. Only thing that bugged me was that you lost a soul level when a summoned red killed you, or you died as a summoned red. Unlimited "mana" due to old spice and the second chance sort of just made it a bit more "meh". But non the less it was a fun experience.

Still prefer Dark Souls over Demon Souls in almost every aspect of the game.

Meh, I think those fight clubs give you a bad perspective on the PvP aspect of the game, though to be fair it's one of the only ways to get any consistent PvP anymore so I can understand why you got involved in one. Where Demon's Souls PvP truly shined was in the random invades, and being invaded yourself. Playing through a level just to be invaded was literally a nerve-wracking experience, especially when you were new to the game. And there was nothing funner than ruining someone's day by invading them and helplessly slaughtering them when they're only a moment or two before the boss. I'll never forget those experiences.  :twisted:

Unfortunately the fight clubs take a lot of the tension and adrenaline out of it as they're more structured and you know what you're getting into, but like I said before, it's understandable as it's one of the few remaining ways to access consistent PvP.

Also, what SL were you guys fighting at?  :D

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 17, 2013, 09:09:07 pm »
We were fighting at SL 100 ~ 120

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #613 on: June 17, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »
+1
We were fighting at SL 100 ~ 120

Ah fun fun! I remember when the PvP scene was active, had my SL120 faith build with the great axe/mirdan hammer setup, boy that build wrecked. I think I lost maybe twice, I played that game way too much.

I tend to enjoy less structured PvP more though, adds more of a sense of adrenaline, nothing like being SL10 and getting invaded by someone who has a Dragon Mirdan Hammer +5 and a maxed Old King's Armor set, now that is true despair and hopelessness!  :mrgreen:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 18, 2013, 04:20:00 pm »
+2
This one is so brilliant I want to post it again