Author Topic: Archery  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
Archery
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:22:28 pm »
+22
I have played Crpg as archer for 1,5 year now. No matter what is done to archery, whether all archers had one arm removed or if every 2her got an archer-seeking guided missile, I would play it, because honestly I seriously love it.

But as an archer, I have no problem at all seeing archery being remade more in a way that it is easy to learn - hard to master. I do not have an idea of how the changes should be made or what they would be, I'm leaving that to people who knows it.

If the change was made with the wishes of infantry, cavalry and archers in mind, it will most likely still be archery, just that it will take small adjustments from archers for the better of this entire game.

Okay xd, I am cheating abit and putting some ideas out there.

*Implement volleys: Just as with the shieldwall, archers should benefit from standing in formation and using their class in unity. how about this?
1.While standing in firing line your reticule only expands as most to 50% of what it was when its the most accurate.
2. If there were to be ranks, so that for example any archer with rank 5 or above can plant a banner which creates the area where the volley features will be used in. To join in, there could be a similar thing as with the battalion system, and once picked, just get to the area and you are in.
3. The one who planted the banner also has a firing command, with an animation and voice screaming "fire". Every arrow released within 2 seconds of his command will give you 1 score point.

Tried my best to make the thread structured well, I hope it is readible.
Peace

skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Archery
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »
+2
Archer formation buff? Hells yeah! Maybe some sort of proximity bonus increasing accuracy as you said. I support this :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »
+6
Also Riding Formation Buff so our Santas can reign supreme? :D

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 03:35:52 pm »
Archers should gain extra points for shooting the enemy in the back or from the side.
This would give the ones some extra stuff who play with brain and position themselves
at the flanks of the enemy.
Also archers should get extra points or dmg when they hit an enemy directly (like 4 seconds) after
a different archer shot him (teamwork aspect).
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:47:55 pm »
Oh God, archer roofs would get so insane bonus on EU1 that it would propably cause stack overflow.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:50:18 pm »
+3
Oh God, archer roofs would get so insane bonus on EU1 that it would propably cause stack overflow.
Well luckily we don't have ladders there anymore :)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »
+1
   Would be interesting to see some bonus applications from it, to actually get a sense of Tactical Formation in the ranged ranks, instead of the usual solo hero-ing, having in mind Strategus for the obvious reasons.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 04:06:38 pm »
+1
I totally agree with this and for it to be used for other classes like cav and inf, but it always come s down to one issue, COMMUNICATION. People who are not in a clan will just wonder off and still rambo like they usually do. The usual mindset of peole is that they like to be the "Hero" and not follow commands

But i do think this is a great idea for startegus as everyone is able to communicate through TS, and pretty much the only way to be accepted these days is to be In TS.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 04:10:16 pm »
I totally agree with this and for it to be used for other classes like cav and inf

Cav is a totally different game itself. I don't see how it could be implemented to horses as big cav formations tend to have big problems with rearing each other etc. Manouver proximity bonus? Don't really know...

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »
Easy to learn - hard to master?

Make body shots the same minor damage as limb hits and boost head damage even further.

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »
+2
Nice idea, makes archers stick together, doing effective damage. But also makes them an easier target for inf (one greatsword-kuyak-hero can cause massacre in a packed group of archers)
This might be a nice boost to teamwork/ formations, since there will likely be pikeman protecting them from cav and shieldwalls in the front.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 04:45:57 pm »
+4
Easy to learn - hard to master?

Make body shots the same minor damage as limb hits and boost head damage even further.

(click to show/hide)
give  me +10 arrows then

Offline Shub

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 04:51:24 pm »
so suddenly if u stand next to some random peasant with bow u get Inspirational acuracy from Gods? Artificial bonuses are bad for player skill . You can do it without artificial crap . Tell peaople to shoot certain section of the group and thats it.

I dont think this changes would go in good direction  . it smells me of bad MMO games like WoW etc .

What i think could be improvement :
- add limb critical dmg ( leg, hands ,head , etc) so we could se crippled  Templars running around with one eye  swinging slower :D
It would deal less dmg but had a critical strike effect.

- make use of flaming arrows ( could light a fire from dropped wood , or oil , blunt arrows ( temp0rary stun effect for example)

-balance dmg and accuracy. Currently non-loomed archer is too weak  , that demotivates new players , but
loomed archer is a bit too strong 2 shots body kills on tin cans etc. I would boost bows accuracy in general add the criple effects , lowered body shots dmg in general , made head shots deadly.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 04:54:33 pm »
And what about throwing which got to low accuracy to reliably headshot?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 04:59:24 pm »
+1
And what about throwing which got to low accuracy to reliably headshot?

No1 gives a shit about how shitty an screwed up throwing is.

But whining and crying because they get team wounded allways cracks me up since no1 knows how shitty the accuracy really is....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.